firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Would it be possible to implement the ace lasercode system to your weapons?

In our last mission we had a few troubles with bombing the right targets.

Two F15, two A10, one DAP Helicopter in the air and two SOTACs on the ground. Quite bussy. :-)

Possible to add an invizable helipad for the Harrier to use as a FOB?  

AWS updated

v2.51
- GBU-56 2000lb LJDAM added
- some weapons/hardpoint code for F-15SE
- maintenance

8AE7EBD8F0934BD014C935BFD95D7D795E79340C

GBU-56 2000lb LJDAM

• Like 3

The Harrier and the Raptor dont appear to have any engine sound

@skittl both my Harrier and my Raptor have engine sounds, could it be a conflict with a sound pack of some sorts?

Seems the AWS pack will need a update to go along with the LOAL changes to GBU's. When using FIR and Vanilla assets, you are not able to use GBU's on Wipeout. Use a FIR plane and you can. Unload FIR AWS, and GBU's are able to be used again on BI planes.

14 hours ago, kilrbe3 said:

Seems the AWS pack will need a update to go along with the LOAL changes to GBU's. When using FIR and Vanilla assets, you are not able to use GBU's on Wipeout. Use a FIR plane and you can. Unload FIR AWS, and GBU's are able to be used again on BI planes.

no, it's working fine to me even AWS enabled. because AWS is inherit some data from parent class of vanilla, not change them(parent class).

Can you make the Harrier land with an invizable landing pad?  Can be handy at FARPS.

59 minutes ago, john1 said:

Can you make the Harrier land with an invizable landing pad?  Can be handy at FARPS.

no.

AWS updated

v2.51a
- maintenance for some weapons after Tank DLC update

18 hours ago, kilrbe3 said:

10 hours ago, john1 said:

Hi:

How to take off from helipuerto with an av-8b + from IA:

put a name to the av-8b, for example avion.

1.- change in the config FIR_AV8B_Cfg.pbo of the av-8b + the variable VTOL of vtol = 2; to vtol = 4; that way it takes off in vertical mode.

2.- select invisible helipad  and put in the map.

3.- select a av-8a +  put in the invisible helipad

4.- put a WAYPOINT of movement from the plane to the objective

5.- fly

how to land in helipuerto

1.- put invisible helipad

2.- Conect with av-8b +, put a WAYPOINT "download transport" in the position of invisible helipad

3.- in the waypont in condition,  write:

avion land "LAND"; 

BR

Atomicboy

What next?  A nice A-4KU Skyhawk or something like that ,would be nice.Thank you for a great mod.

• Like 1

I would rather like to see the F-23 finished first. THEN maybe a Typhoon :D :P

as far as i know, the  AGM-84H SLAM-ER can also lock onto seatargets.

with the new arma feature like terrain following and top attack mode for missiles, would you think about a seaskimming mode and a pop-up attack mode for your slammer?

watch this UGM-84D's realistic behavior:

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 4:18 AM, flv*venom* said:

I would rather like to see the F-23 finished first. THEN maybe a Typhoon :D :P

Personally, I feel like we have so many Blufor assets.  Aside from an F-35, Firewill has pretty much made most of The US's strike and fighter aircraft (except the F/A-18, and John Spartan/Saul/Tetet's F/A-18 is very high quality, and Firewill has done an EA-18).  I would personally like to see Firewill create some Opfor assets to shoot down.  I'd also be intrigued in what couldbe done with rotary winged assets....but that's neither here nor there

Either way, I know Firewill plenty of goodies that he will share in the future, so I'm not concerned.  Whatever is next will be high quality for sure

AWS updated

v2.52
- maintenance for some functions

AWS updated

v2.52a
- hotfix for TGP ON/OFF function

Hello good people! 

I want to air a slight issue I am having locking onto targets, both with bombs and AGMs (though the latter is probably a PEBCAK). So the way I imagine the locking should work is that you point your laser on a target, be it moving or otherwise, then you line up your ingress and get the complete lock sound and drop. As far as I can tell in this recent build one will never get a bomb to completely lock. The way I have gone about testing this is simply load up a F16 with a variety of bombs (GBU10, GBU12, EGBU etc.) and then painting a target with the laser and aligning ingress, but no matter how close one gets it never locks. I have tried with and without radar on resulting in the same outcome. Is this a known issue or might the problem be with conflicting mods? I run ACE which I assume could be the perpetrator, but I honestly don't see why this should be the case. 

Sidenote: The EGBU does hit targets marked with GPS. 

On 5/4/2018 at 11:56 PM, Tittoffer said:

Hello good people! 

I want to air a slight issue I am having locking onto targets, both with bombs and AGMs (though the latter is probably a PEBCAK). So the way I imagine the locking should work is that you point your laser on a target, be it moving or otherwise, then you line up your ingress and get the complete lock sound and drop. As far as I can tell in this recent build one will never get a bomb to completely lock. The way I have gone about testing this is simply load up a F16 with a variety of bombs (GBU10, GBU12, EGBU etc.) and then painting a target with the laser and aligning ingress, but no matter how close one gets it never locks. I have tried with and without radar on resulting in the same outcome. Is this a known issue or might the problem be with conflicting mods? I run ACE which I assume could be the perpetrator, but I honestly don't see why this should be the case. 

Sidenote: The EGBU does hit targets marked with GPS. 

I am also getting the same issue it is very very frustrating and I am also running ace.

You dont need a active Lock since Tanks dlc, the GBUs are just following the Laser anyway. 

Thats a bit more realistic now.

Are you still planning on making an all-in-one pack?

It makes maintaining servers will large modsets a lot easier.

On 8.5.2018 at 3:44 AM, Eagle1992 said:

You dont need a active Lock since Tanks dlc, the GBUs are just following the Laser anyway. 

Thats a bit more realistic now.

That explains it. What if there are multiple lasers on different targets in the AO? How would you "specify" which lased target to hit? 

On 2018. 5. 12. at 2:34 AM, Tittoffer said:

That explains it. What if there are multiple lasers on different targets in the AO? How would you "specify" which lased target to hit? 

AWS laser guided bombs still can use manual lock on laser.

AWS updated

v2.53
- AIM-9P added
- some weapons/hardpoint code for F-23A
- LOAL ability for AGM-88 HARM

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firewill said:

AWS laser guided bombs still can use manual lock on laser.

How?