firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

change the HUD color and alpha just you want.

will support for all my aircrafts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@firewill Are you planning to update your MH-60 to support AWS, especially the new HMD? If not, would you be willing to consider it?

How has BI not hired you yet?  You keep churning out awesome stuff.  I can't even fathom what is still in the pipeline, but I'm pretty damn excited for it

• Like 2

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get the laser guided bombs to hit crap! I load up either lantern or sniperXR on the A-10C. I go to TGP mode, get AREA so the pointer stays in one spot. Fire the laser, I select laser target. Granted I am trying to hit a structure and not a vehicle. I steer the aircraft towards the target. Now there is a box around it, but I never get the diamond closing like you do with the stock GBU's, which I don't have problems using. I release the bomb and nothing. It never hits. No matter what I do. It's the same thing whether ACE is loaded or not.

What weapon are you using? Depending on what system there are several different targeting methods.  Laser only works with specific weapon systems.  Make sure you are using a bomb or weapon with actual laser targeting.

From the AWS PDF Weapon reference section:

Laser Targeting Weapons

GBU-10 Paveway II
GBU-12 Paveway II
GBU-24 Paveway III
GCS-1
GBU-53 SDB II
GBU-54 LJDAM
EGBU-12 Enhanced Paveway II
Paveway IV
APKWS Rocket
Laser Zuni

6 hours ago, gabravo2005 said:

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I can't get the laser guided bombs to hit crap! I load up either lantern or sniperXR on the A-10C. I go to TGP mode, get AREA so the pointer stays in one spot. Fire the laser, I select laser target. Granted I am trying to hit a structure and not a vehicle. I steer the aircraft towards the target. Now there is a box around it, but I never get the diamond closing like you do with the stock GBU's, which I don't have problems using. I release the bomb and nothing. It never hits. No matter what I do. It's the same thing whether ACE is loaded or not.

tell me what weapon to use so i'll try.

in my regular fire test, all laser bombs working except GBU-54 LJDAM is need to fully lock on.

Sorry I've been at work. I've been doing my tests with the GBU-12. I will not have any real free time until next week (damn flight school is chewing up my time) so I'll try and record some video then.

I know that you´re focused in western planes, but do we still have any chance to get the Su-25SM? The RHS model is based in the cold war frogfoot, which dissapoints me a lot. I think that it would be a great addition, taking into account that there´s not much russian modern warfare platforms in the game right now.

On 2018. 2. 27. at 12:54 AM, nbc095 said:

I know that you´re focused in western planes, but do we still have any chance to get the Su-25SM? The RHS model is based in the cold war frogfoot, which dissapoints me a lot. I think that it would be a great addition, taking into account that there´s not much russian modern warfare platforms in the game right now.

well, really glad to see someone still remember the Su-25SM3 project. it's still work in progress and maybe take some more times. you know, "choice and focus".

AMS(Armament Manage System) is the new name for previous loadout dialog system.

improvement points:

- the custom preset system upgraded. no longer 3 custom slots. you can define, update, remove and apply your own preset in the dialog.

- "Common System" - using one common system, only need to make GUI, custom scripts(if needed), and values. (for modder)

- customizable check condition - if you want use AMS with other vehicles, objects?(like other trucks from other mods) now you can make own condition with config.cpp and description.ext.

planned feature - share the custom presets

• Like 10

SARH(Semi-Active Radar Homing) TEST

- AIM-7 is typical SARH missile in AWS. it's mean when you firing AIM-7 or other similar SARH missiles, need to keep lock-on to the target until hit or miss.

- if change the target or cancel, a missile will lose the target tracking and fly to somewhere and self-destruct for gaming performance.

- for comparison, two AIM-7 and two AIM-120 were fired.(AIM-7 : one missile miss due to cancel target/one hit. AIM-120 : 2 missiles hit)

test condition: three unarmed shikra.

test aircraft: F-15C

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

BUG report for I-TGT 

-GPS plot and Point of Impact is 12.25km off on the Y (up and down) axis while using manual input for 8-10 digit grids.

-x axis is correct (left right)

7 hours ago, a26mike said:

BUG report for I-TGT 

-GPS plot and Point of Impact is 12.25km off on the Y (up and down) axis while using manual input for 8-10 digit grids.

-x axis is correct (left right)

Which map did you try it on? I know that on some CUP maps the Y coordinate is inverted so you have to do (max Y coordinate) - (target Y coordinate) and punch the result into the TGT sys

AWS Updated

v2.50

- AMS(Armament Management System) added(for all aws aircrafts)
  AMS is new integrated loadout system for AWS aircrafts
  almost same with previous loadout dialog, however little update for custom presets.
  4 buttons(preset add,update,remove and apply below custom preset combo and edit-box) added     for preset control.
  how to use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwHp6vcbfwE

- new standard GAU-8 ammo/weapon(based on CM test)
- cluster dual rack versions added(TER/BRU-57)
- SARH function for AIM-7(for test) : need to keep lock on to target until hit / front hemisphere(-80~+80)
- HCS(HUD Color slider/control system) added
- maintenance

some feature of AMS

- AMS(Armament Management System)
this is replace the current loadout system. interface is nothing different with current version, however inside of system, many thing is change, and remake.
- Single integrated system : maybe not for user, however important to creator because reduce the work for loadout system.

- Beyond the 3 custom slots : in current system, only 3 slots for custom loadout, no more, no less.

but with AMS, you can define own your loadout, update the element anytime, apply the custom loadout and remove loadout anytime. and support the limitless custom slots!(maybe have limit due to game engine but i think you'll never reach the limits)

- Weapon Blacklist : are you consider about restrict the weapon use in game like OP BLU-118 Thermobaric bomb? well, here is answer! when you define some blacklist for weapon restriction, weapons in blacklist will disappear in the dialog, so people can't equip. just input some variable in mission's init.sqf or init line in editor.

blacklist variable : AWS_AMS_Blacklist = ["weaponclassname1","weaponclassname2"];

input AWS_AMS_Blacklist in init.sqf

- Modifiable weapon loading time : some people think weapons loading time is too fast. so, you can adjust loading time. if input 5, each pylon will take 5 seconds for loading. input 300, maybe take 5 minutes. like blacklist, input loadout time variable in init.sqf or init line with any object in editor.

loadingtime variable : AWS_ASM_LoadingTime = 30;

30 mean 30 seconds interval for each pylon loading.

planned feature : share the custom preset with your friends. 

• Like 7

On 3/16/2018 at 8:56 PM, runy888 said:

Which map did you try it on? I know that on some CUP maps the Y coordinate is inverted so you have to do (max Y coordinate) - (target Y coordinate) and punch the result into the TGT sys

Malden - and a few others . What I’ve seen is it been between 10,000 to 15,000 off . And if that was a thing wouldn’t your GPS read off the wrong grid as well? 

18 hours ago, a26mike said:

Malden - and a few others . What I’ve seen is it been between 10,000 to 15,000 off . And if that was a thing wouldn’t your GPS read off the wrong grid as well? 

So far I've only noticed it with the firewill TGT Sys. I can confirm it happens on Sahrani, haven't tried Malden yet. Try to drop one at Y=0 and Y=Ymax and see what happens there

Is it not possible to set more than one coordinate in I-TGT? I do not see anymore the memory location text field

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is it not possible to set more than one coordinate in I-TGT? I do not see anymore the memory location text field

you can select slots with up and down buttons left of top. 

On 2018. 3. 19. at 7:46 AM, a26mike said:

some maps have reversed Y-Axis grid, so people read&input wrong coordinates. it's human error with reversed Y axis, not a system error.

for example here (it's little old reference so not confirmed still exist.)

20170107204233_1.jpg

Stratis

20170107204348_1.jpg

Altis

20170107204119_1.jpg

Tanoa

C8EAC196AD2A1DFC33BD4F3FEA2B7FE622456C93

and Malden 2035.

Left->Right arrow is X axis increase, Down->Top is Y axis increase.

all BI maps have same way.

however, some custom maps have different Y-axis like this

20170107204930_1.jpg

CUP Sahrani

look for detail

20170107204936_1.jpg

my aircraft position is 025176 for 6 number X 025 and Y 176

20170107205012_1.jpg

however, when i use getpos command for get my position, get something different. 

20170107205050_1.jpg

so input grid from getpos command with 10 grid(02538 02859), you can see TGT POS 1 is right place.

very simple solution : when you play some custom maps with reversed Y axis(top -> down), use DGN button for map click function. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your response Firewills. With what you posted it would explain it being off within a 100m box. What I’ve seen is it being 12,250m off. Human error is not a factor in this case IRL I’m a JTAC and know how to read Grids, and I’ve had this confirmed from others. It could be an arma issue I don’t know. But what I’ve been doing to make it work in the meantime is subtract 12,250 from the Y-axis and it’s pretty spot on . I first noticed it during training when I dropped a bomb and it got lost multiple times. So I plotted a point on center I’ll just say 1000,1000and the ITGT plotted 1000,2225. I just want to make you aware of it. I think most people use the map click function which works fine. Once again thanks for your hard work and dedication to arma . This isn’t a knock on you just a bug report . Thanks 

3 hours ago, a26mike said:

Thank you for your response Firewills. With what you posted it would explain it being off within a 100m box. What I’ve seen is it being 12,250m off. Human error is not a factor in this case IRL I’m a JTAC and know how to read Grids, and I’ve had this confirmed from others. It could be an arma issue I don’t know. But what I’ve been doing to make it work in the meantime is subtract 12,250 from the Y-axis and it’s pretty spot on . I first noticed it during training when I dropped a bomb and it got lost multiple times. So I plotted a point on center I’ll just say 1000,1000and the ITGT plotted 1000,2225. I just want to make you aware of it. I think most people use the map click function which works fine. Once again thanks for your hard work and dedication to arma . This isn’t a knock on you just a bug report . Thanks 

What firewill is trying to say is on the map texture of some maps, the Y-coordinate is drawn in the wrong direction. So what you use as a workaround is basically substract the coordinate you read on the (faulty) map from the highest possible Y coordinate and in doing that you basically "mirror" your Y-axis and create something close to the real system coordinate at the spot you want to hit. The value which in your case is 12,250 needs to be created for every single map that has faulty map texture / Y-coordinate. For example, on United Sahrani (CUP) that number is 20380.

is the document for the integration of AWS out of date? It is not using the latest ITGT display or am I mistaken? What needs to be set to use the new ITGT display instead of old MFD?

5 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

is the document for the integration of AWS out of date? It is not using the latest ITGT display or am I mistaken? What needs to be set to use the new ITGT display instead of old MFD?

no, still in effect.

in document

class UserActions
{
class Aircraft_MFD_Open_N
{
displayName = "Open I-TGT System";
position = "pos cano";
radius = 15;
shortcut = "";
condition = "this getvariable ""TGT_POD"" == ""yes"" and player in this and isengineon this";
statement = "this execVM ""\FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US\Script\TGTSystem\FIR_AWS_MFD_N_Open.sqf""";
onlyforplayer = "false";
};
};

example from A-10C

class Aircraft_MFD_Open_N
            {
                displayName = "Open I-TGT System";
                position = "pos cano";
                radius = 15;
                shortcut = "User4";
                condition = "this getvariable ""TGT_POD"" == ""yes"" and player in this and isengineon this";
                statement = "this execVM ""\FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US\Script\TGTSystem\FIR_AWS_MFD_N_Open.sqf""";
                onlyforplayer = "false";
            };

nothing change of statement.

Is there a way to switch the coordinate grid readout on the targeting pod to 8-digit or 10-digit  mode? 

Is there some way to make the F-15 1and so on ,go to Airborne Refuel as a 1:st step, if airborne and running low on fuel ?  To keep them on orbit indefinetly?

On 23/03/2018 at 4:47 PM, john1 said:

Is there some way to make the F-15 1and so on ,go to Airborne Refuel as a 1:st step, if airborne and running low on fuel ?  To keep them on orbit indefinetly?

I believe there is another mod that allows them to aerial refuel from the tanker from the USAF mod.