firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

5 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Yes, you need to install the Firewill Air Weapon Systems mod (that provides ALL the weapon systems for Firewill's aircraft)  on your server.  It is a pre-requisite mod.

I just checked it all again, it is all there, the file as well as commandline reference.  I will try some more trouble shooting. 

Awesome work Firewill.  The Harrier was an unexpected surprise and I totally missed that you released the Growler.  With the fact that the Harrier sorta came as a surprise, its exciting to think about what other aircraft you may be working on behind the scenes.  Any possibility of some OPFOR aircraft or maybe helicopters in the future?

8 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

@firewill

I think such a modpack makes sense. Maybe you can upload by yourself which contains all Firewill products (Airplanes, AWS and pilot pack)?

well, there it is. i think at least 10+ aircrafts on released, maybe can consider to making all-in-one pack(right now, 8)

12 hours ago, Terminator2107 said:

he mentioned original author, given credit and leave profile link, so I don't believe that it violates the my core interests on my point of view. so just leave him what he do for now, but that doesn't mean not watch it. anyway, thanks the heads up always but if you want any report to me, just pm not here.

On 2018. 1. 9. at 4:37 AM, cbff33 said:

I just checked it all again, it is all there, the file as well as commandline reference.  I will try some more trouble shooting. 

hmm, i'm not familiar with dedi server(mostly i'm visited the my friend dedi server and he doesn't said anything like you mentioned), so hard to tell about that.

5 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Awesome work Firewill.  The Harrier was an unexpected surprise and I totally missed that you released the Growler.  With the fact that the Harrier sorta came as a surprise, its exciting to think about what other aircraft you may be working on behind the scenes.  Any possibility of some OPFOR aircraft or maybe helicopters in the future?

yes many aircrafts in the development on the behind the scenes. fighter jet to drone, and other many works.

Holee SHiiit.. I love those new Dual Use weapons!  Thank you so much for getting those working.

Stand off weapons for dayyyyyys now!

If used in Dual use mode , do the GBU/EGBU have to have a GPS target point set or can they by dropped in a general area and pick up terminal guidance via Laser/IR?
Is the GPS initial point mandatory?

in dual mode, must need to set GPS target. so dual bombs can track the GPS in mid-course, Terminal with IR/Laser.

if bomb didn't find any laser/IR target, keep heading to GPS target.

well, i'll make another mode like no need GPS target to set, no need to lock on but just throw the weapon to "expected enemy location", and automatically find&track the target when reach the scan range.

• Like 5

AWS updated

v2.24
- TARPS added(for F-14)
- some hardpoint classname added for AV-8B N/A

• Like 1

I wanna start of by saying thank you for the amazing aircraft firewill!

Currently I'm trying to convince people from a group I do operations with to add this mod to our repository.

The only issue I have encountered is that rearming, refueling and repairing happens just a bit too quick for our taste.

Is there a way to change the duration it takes to do those things?

Thanks in advance [CNTO]Churizo

There is some weird issue with all FIR* mods and linux dedicated server.Might be arma issue as well but other mods works. 

Problem is here: https://imgur.com/a/O5OaP

As you can see, all FIR* mods loads with same hash, i'm pretty sure it only loads AWS and not planes (if i try to start mission with F-15 or A-10 placed it will not start mentioned missing classes)

Any ideas?

I checked files, they're correct. Tried downloading from workshop and from your direct links. No luck.

3 hours ago, rlex said:

There is some weird issue with all FIR* mods and linux dedicated server.Might be arma issue as well but other mods works. 

Problem is here: https://imgur.com/a/O5OaP

As you can see, all FIR* mods loads with same hash, i'm pretty sure it only loads AWS and not planes (if i try to start mission with F-15 or A-10 placed it will not start mentioned missing classes)

Any ideas?

I checked files, they're correct. Tried downloading from workshop and from your direct links. No luck.

i think not a mod problem because i have different hash when running.

20:55:22                                FIR AIRWEAPONSYSTEM |             @FIR_AWS |      false |             GAME DIR | 034c1e67ef380c4efbf77be03a9c71a8e4749095 |  b7b6c91c | C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@FIR_AWS
20:55:22                                         F-15 Eagle |      @F15_Standalone |      false |             GAME DIR | 082f5d03bf4000609ac653e708129294d926e416 |  3b7bce55 | C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@F15_Standalone
20:55:22                                A-10 Warthog Series |      @A10_Standalone |      false |             GAME DIR | 4cab4c26579fee319eabb03ca38ee7f8274dd399 |  e0740672 | C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@A10_Standalone

local

12:27:40                                A-10 Warthog Series |        @A-10 Warthog |      false |             GAME DIR | 4cab4c26579fee319eabb03ca38ee7f8274dd399 |  e0740672 | C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@A-10 Warthog
12:27:40                                         F-15 Eagle |          @F-15 Eagle |      false |             GAME DIR | 082f5d03bf4000609ac653e708129294d926e416 |  3b7bce55 | C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@F-15 Eagle
12:27:40                                FIR AIRWEAPONSYSTEM | @FIR AWS(AirWeaponSystem) |      false |             GAME DIR | 034c1e67ef380c4efbf77be03a9c71a8e4749095 |  b7b6c91c | C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@FIR AWS(AirWeaponSystem)

workshop

maybe problem from server, or something wrong when install the mod on server, but not sure because server management is not my part.

Yea that was server issue. Now you need to rename everything to downcase, including pbos and folders. Previously lowercase pbos was enough. Well, at least it works now.

AWS , pilot pack updated

AWS 

v2.25
- HMD toggle function
- new sounds for M61 vulcan, GAU-12

Pilot pack

- add HMD value for HMD toggle function

F3764A6D779372F1AC45157ED854465A6A9E8905

JHMCS / JHMCS II / Scorpion HMCS / Vanilla pilot helmet

these helmets support the HMD Toggle(on/off) in some aircrafts(A-10C,F-16,F-15,F-22,F-2)

• Like 2

Not listed here: All of the planes get CCIP now like the BIS ones do (Continuously Computed Impact Point, the reticle shows about where the munitions will actually land instead of a boresight. Key word "about": In my experience it's usually not quite pinpoint accurate without using the lock-on targeting system) 

Yay, I can actually hit stuff now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AWS updated

v2.26
- AIM-120 now can lock on to data link target.
- new equipments for F-22 : External fueltank, EWP(Enclosed Weapons Pod) and more

• Thanks 1

027C035BFBB92809AFB1513594B328FA58B99FB6

647D9DEA5CB0D3B020D6CE7421019B7099F5D1B4

DF22495A0F0FB370AF3A84C2FD0F7CD0B128BCCB

coverall for US Navy/USMC aircraft mechanic and ground crew (wip)

and safety helmet for navy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

pilot&crew pack updated

- Mechanic/Ground crew coverall added(for USN/USMC)
- Safety helmet added(for USN/USMC)

027C035BFBB92809AFB1513594B328FA58B99FB6

647D9DEA5CB0D3B020D6CE7421019B7099F5D1B4

• Like 4

AWS updated

v2.27
- AN/ALQ-167 added
- ECA(Expanded Chaff Adapter) added
- new cutscene style - carrier version for navy aircraft.(Stratis only for now)

AE803926CEFC099F28DDFA792428361152F67ED8

new cutscene for navy aircraft(stratis only,malden version will later)

• Like 6

I am getting the following error while playing: “No entry ‘bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.FIR_AGM88_P_1MD_m’” resulting in AirPlayen with no missiles/guns at all. Does anyone know what could result into this error? 

Thnx in advance!

22 hours ago, GrooveDJ said:

I am getting the following error while playing: “No entry ‘bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.FIR_AGM88_P_1MD_m’” resulting in AirPlayen with no missiles/guns at all. Does anyone know what could result into this error? 

Thnx in advance!

I have downloaded an previous version of FIR AWS and then it works and I don’t get the error. Anyone else getting the same error?

13 hours ago, GrooveDJ said:

I have downloaded an previous version of FIR AWS and then it works and I don’t get the error. Anyone else getting the same error?

no error like that in my case. have any more detail?