firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Is there like a guide or quick reference anywhere for what all the missiles/bombs do and how to use them?

Right now I'm just wikipedia'ing everything ever, which is cool but not always helpful. 

6 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Is there like a guide or quick reference anywhere for what all the missiles/bombs do and how to use them?

Right now I'm just wikipedia'ing everything ever, which is cool but not always helpful. 

AWS FM in AWS mod folder. you can find how to I-TGT, EWS or can find information about a weapon. it's still WIP, so maybe lack of information what you want.

• Like 3

Just started playing with these amazing aircraft you've made, they're awesome, thank you so much for all the work you've put in.

Now I noticed to access the rearming interface I have to be parked next to an ammo truck, this works with the vanilla ammo truck but not the RHS one. Is there some code I can add to the init of a vehicle/object that will make it a refuel/rearm point???

Thanks again for all your work.

• Like 4

On 2017. 12. 18. at 2:10 PM, JD Wang said:

Just started playing with these amazing aircraft you've made, they're awesome, thank you so much for all the work you've put in.

Now I noticed to access the rearming interface I have to be parked next to an ammo truck, this works with the vanilla ammo truck but not the RHS one. Is there some code I can add to the init of a vehicle/object that will make it a refuel/rearm point???

Thanks again for all your work.

currently research some "override" the required vehicles/object for open dialog without modify the addon. it's low priority now so will take some time.

• Like 2

CB4A9442492EDD89A28A5AF3991CA255641A865B

48C316A32405BAF6B772A5757FD55A98ACBE9B87

523896EB2DA7A9F153DD23B3E3D6BA8EC7335697

AV-8B Harrier II plus will release in January 2018

new equipment for AV-8B and AWS

24711734B5ADC01BD4904ECD23CB8848E36A754B

14BD9ADC4A94C26200852BADB20D7DC482BFE54D

Intrepid Tiger II EW pod(for AV-8B only)

8D850C9B6D166606FBB96686E993B9FCDC2E30C4

Semi-Active Laser guided Zuni 5inch Rocket(left wing) and Poniard IR-guided 2.75inch Rocket(right wing) - for supported aircrafts(ex:F-16,A-10 etc)

1F87335FE84C60EAFA88969878E68A2B96E8753B

Laser guided Zuni

361E82D937BB42813C56A707D265EB4DD211F97D

Poniard(called "비궁" in Korea, it was called also "LOGIR" - Low-cost Guided Imaging Rocket)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

- based on submunition system in A3(like the cluster bomb.)

- 4 API / 1 HEI rounds per 1 shot, so 1 shot = 5 rounds

- no burst mode. only Full Auto mode.

- Test version using vanilla GAU-8 sound for test purpose.

- you can select GAU-8 CM test with attribute setting or loadout dialog. 

- Limitation: no gun reticle in 1st person view because new ammo is based on SubmunitionBase class, not BulletBase class.

• Like 3

Using the submunition system to help simulate very high rates of fire. Huh.

AWS updated 

v2.22
- Preparation works for AV-8B
- new weapon : Laser Zuni 5'' rocket / Poniard IIR guided 2.75'' rocket
- new equipment : Intrepid Tiger II EW pod
- some weapons tweaked

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Anyone else having issues with ITGT not opening?  I cannot get it to open regardless of Custom User key being bound, so it makes GPS weapons useless.

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Anyone else having issues with ITGT not opening?  I cannot get it to open regardless of Custom User key being bound, so it makes GPS weapons useless.

nope working fine for me perfectly.

Hey firewill,

I couldn't find a detailed and up-to-date explanation on how to actually use the AGM-88 HARM / the SEAD system in-game. Could you point out a source where that can be read or can you quickly explain it yourself? Plus whether additional pods are required and which planes the system works on

Thank you alot in advance!

Best regards,

runy888

16 hours ago, runy888 said:

Hey firewill,

I couldn't find a detailed and up-to-date explanation on how to actually use the AGM-88 HARM / the SEAD system in-game. Could you point out a source where that can be read or can you quickly explain it yourself? Plus whether additional pods are required and which planes the system works on

Thank you alot in advance!

Best regards,

runy888

1. enemy must has active radar(example : Tigris AA Tank)

2. enemy must turn on active radar(mostly AI turn on in combat/aware)

3. get in the F-16(or other aircraft supported AWS and AGM-88) with AGM-88, flying to the enemy AA tank in enough range and just lock on and fire. very simple just like other AG missiles. 

- some bombs, like GBU-54 LJDAM or EGBU-12 Enhanced Paveway 2 has dual mode feature(GPS+Laser).

- in the previous system, GPS only or Laser only modes supported.

- with new improved I-TGT, a player can select "Dual-mode" for these bombs.

- "Dual-mode" has two ways for guidance. GPS guidance for mid-course and Laser/IIR and Visual(if have) guidance for terminal guidance. in this video, GBU-54 LJDAM(GPS+Laser) is using GPS for mid-course guidance and tracking the Laser target in last moment.(mean terminal guidance)

- Dual mode is no need to lock on. just drop the bomb like GPS weapon, and let the bomb tracking automatically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, firewill said:

1. enemy must has active radar(example : Tigris AA Tank)

2. enemy must turn on active radar(mostly AI turn on in combat/aware)

3. get in the F-16(or other aircraft supported AWS and AGM-88) with AGM-88, flying to the enemy AA tank in enough range and just lock on and fire. very simple just like other AG missiles. 

Thank you for the explanation.

When I tried this I set the enemy vehicle radar to "Active" in the editor, and I still had to get pretty damn close to be able to lock on. Way closer than you had to get with the old system where you didn't lock on and just fired in the general direction. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, with the Dual guiding that you presented in the last video, can you still use GPS only mode on bombs with dual guidance like the GBU-53?

On 2018. 1. 2. at 9:58 PM, runy888 said:

Thank you for the explanation.

When I tried this I set the enemy vehicle radar to "Active" in the editor, and I still had to get pretty damn close to be able to lock on. Way closer than you had to get with the old system where you didn't lock on and just fired in the general direction. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, with the Dual guiding that you presented in the last video, can you still use GPS only mode on bombs with dual guidance like the GBU-53?

-hmm, there is no old system right now. only lock on and fire in there. but currently i'm making some new system about SEAD, include make HTS work again.

-yes, you can use GPS only mode too if you need. and also in the dual mode, if bomb doesn't found any target, bomb will heading to GPS location.

04F6DF593EF493D42EFE99A6AEF0BF7A7E8C96E2

D26B6EEB421242D1B44747205E3AC224AC535F58

9DD751A07158F16AA3CC88547284AD131A25506F

4B090453D94F60554E2565128A9983CA5162D7C0

85C85EA84D9D833890E318F262E18600FEEAFDE5

- GEPOD 30 or GAU-13/A 30mm gun pod for F-16.

- using 30mm combat mix ammo(API 4:HEI 1), 300 rounds.

• Like 7

AWS updated

v2.23
- I-TGT interface reformed
  - Laser mode removed, use laser marker in aircraft.
  - slot preset removed, new slot management buttons added(left top) for adjust memory slot.
  - MODE button added(GPS <-> Dual mode)
- Dual mode guidance : GPS for mid-course / specific sensor for terminal
  - Laser : GBU-54 LJDAM / EGBU-12 / Paveway IV 
  - IR : GBU-53 SDB II / AGM-84H SLAM-ER
- GAU-13/A(GEPOD30) 30mm Gun pod added (for F-16) - using combat mix ammo(API 4:HEI 1)
- some bug fixed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

in game, TARPS is saving the photo in a specific folder.(MP Worked)

there is some limitation from the game engine.

- freezing the very short moment when you click the TARPS. I think it's naturally from executing the screenshot command.

- little bright photo. it's doesn't matter the ppeffect. but it's can adjust the level.(with photoshop or GIMP etc)

What is TARPS:

"The Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS) was a large and sophisticated camera pod carried by the Grumman F-14 Tomcat. It contains three camera bays with different type cameras which are pointed down at passing terrain. It was originally designed to provide an interim aerial reconnaissance capability until a dedicated F/A-18 Hornet reconnaissance version could be fielded. TARPS was pressed into service upon arrival in the fleet in 1981, and remained in use up to the end of Tomcat service in 2006."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, firewill said:

What is TARPS:

"The Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS) was a large and sophisticated camera pod carried by the Grumman F-14 Tomcat. It contains three camera bays with different type cameras which are pointed down at passing terrain. It was originally designed to provide an interim aerial reconnaissance capability until a dedicated F/A-18 Hornet reconnaissance version could be fielded. TARPS was pressed into service upon arrival in the fleet in 1981, and remained in use up to the end of Tomcat service in 2006."

Edited by colince411
Edited

Hello,

I just rented a server and I am trying to use some of your aircraft and the weapons systems.  I am getting an error that is preventing the server from showing up on the arma launcher server page.  This is the warning I am getting: 

12:14:56 Warning Message: Addon 'FIR_A10A_F' requires addon 'FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US'

Does anyone know what this is? New to this whole server thing so I appreciate the patience!

Holee SHiiit.. I love those new Dual Use weapons!  Thank you so much for getting those working.

Stand off weapons for dayyyyyys now!

If used in Dual use mode , do the GBU/EGBU have to have a GPS target point set or can they by dropped in a general area and pick up terminal guidance via Laser/IR?
Is the GPS initial point mandatory?

52 minutes ago, cbff33 said:

Hello,

I just rented a server and I am trying to use some of your aircraft and the weapons systems.  I am getting an error that is preventing the server from showing up on the arma launcher server page.  This is the warning I am getting: 

12:14:56 Warning Message: Addon 'FIR_A10A_F' requires addon 'FIR_AirWeaponSystem_US'

Does anyone know what this is? New to this whole server thing so I appreciate the patience!

Yes, you need to install the Firewill Air Weapon Systems mod (that provides ALL the weapon systems for Firewill's aircraft)  on your server.  It is a pre-requisite mod.

It is installed and in the command line also.  I have about 4 or 5 of Firewill's aircraft installed but only getting the error for that one.  I will double check everything again to include the proper spelling in command line.