firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

1 minute ago, erikj said:

A-164 Wipeout (The vanilla A-10 clone). I was referring to the HUD used in GBU-12 in the base game and I will add a screenshot about it.

Image link (I didn't find how to post images here)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/776154572888168158/297DAB21B586670EA7BE4DA73F37E2A769A31518/

that is in hud, and hud is not from me(see the credit)

Oh, that's ok (I forgot about that). Thank you anyway o7
If I find any othe bugs I will let you know

10 minutes ago, erikj said:

Oh, that's ok (I forgot about that). Thank you anyway o7
If I find any othe bugs I will let you know

okay, thanks the notice

AWS updated

v1.72
- Bug Fixes
- SUU-25 pod problem fixed
- GBU-12/EGBU-12 x 3 have 3 bombs

• Like 1

FIR, what do you think about AGM-65  lock distance? Cause the further up you are the closer you have to be to target to lock on. In game that mean I must fly at low altitude to lock on at 8km or I must fly at  normal altitude and only can lock on at 1-2 km from target. Every mission become CAS with this parameters.

Is it planned any  air to surface AT missile  in your mod-that can lock on like Brimstone from 20km?

AGM-65D's real conterpart is effectiv at around 8-9 Miles that ist about 13km+

5 minutes ago, sammael said:

FIR, what do you think about AGM-65  lock distance? Cause the further up you are the closer you have to be to target to lock on. In game that mean I must fly at low altitude to lock on at 6km or I must fly at  normal altitude and only can lock on at 1-2 km from target. Every mission become CAS with this parameters.

Is it planned any  air to surface AT missile  in your mod-that can lock on like Brimstone from 20km?

currently follow the armaverse standard. example, Macer had 6km range so my AGM-65 had same value too.

maybe adjust in further progress.

3 minutes ago, firewill said:

currently follow the armaverse standard

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 2017-5-19 at 5:39 PM, sammael said:
  Hide contents

same when the Su-25SM and other planes get delayed... but well, i don´t like to bother people that works for passion xD

On 5/19/2017 at 4:33 PM, firewill said:

currently follow the armaverse standard.

I think this is definitely the right way to go, even apart from inter-operation between vanilla and a variety of mods (which requires observation of the same standard), it's the way it is for a reason (limited speeds and world size).

• Like 2

So can someone give me a quick run down on the AIM-120's I'm getting a 100% miss rate with them. Are they coupled to the Radar now?

41 minutes ago, Tac21 said:

So can someone give me a quick run down on the AIM-120's I'm getting a 100% miss rate with them. Are they coupled to the Radar now?

hmm, strange during test amraam hit rate is almost 90% for me(9 hit /10 total fired)

• Like 1

I'm doing more testing to make sure it's not just me doing something wrong.

Had some strange behavior with bombs earlier today.  F16 with JSOWs.  Locked targets, weapons released.  The weapon flies off into the distance and leaves the map. 

I think we were having issues with other ordnance not detonating or flying off also.

6 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Locked targets, weapons released.  

The AGM-154A (JSOW A) uses GPS/INS for terminal guidance

9 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Had some strange behavior with bombs earlier today.  F16 with JSOWs.  Locked targets, weapons released.  The weapon flies off into the distance and leaves the map. 

I think we were having issues with other ordnance not detonating or flying off also.

its working fine for me several test. but i found several GPS bomb include JSOW can lock on to laser mark so i'll remove the laser guided capability of GPS/INS bombs.

I just play around with F16 sensors and missiles sensors for only Personal usage .Make radar on 180km e t.c But  Found something strange. Whatever parameters I use, I can not IR lock on аt a distance above 20 km. Same for trgets on my radar. Same effect for ActiveRadarSensor. 

Is it engine limition at 20km or I made  mistakes in the configs?

16 hours ago, sammael said:

I just play around with F16 sensors and missiles sensors for only Personal usage .Make radar on 180km e t.c But  Found something strange. Whatever parameters I use, I can not IR lock on аt a distance above 20 km. Same for trgets on my radar. Same effect for ActiveRadarSensor. 

Is it engine limition at 20km or I made  mistakes in the configs?

i think both. limitation and config because sometime i got a radar contact on 22~24km so i think not only limit with 20km below..

and plus sidewinder is also follow armaverse standard.

11 hours ago, ss9 said:

Am I supposed to be able to see which way the camera is looking on the radar panel? Because I don't seem to see that.  Makes it hard to find targets. Maybe you're already working on this and a visual indicater in the hud?

- Visual sensor is will be follow the pilot camera, however other sensor such as active radar, laser,IR is gonna be still static(passive/rwr is 360 degrees so except.)

- gonna.ask.kimi. about HUD

Is hud also custom by your airplanes?
Maybe you can make it a bit brighter or put an option to do so? I am using your pilot pack with ace3 compatibility to make the visor darker. Sometimes it is hard to see the hud :/

as an idea of code, if (visor is down and it is a dark visor) then hud gets brighter

• Like 1

It is very hard to see any jet hud in game at daytime. I have to always fly at night)

AWS updated

v1.74
- some bug fixes
- AGM-65H/K added
- some RFD/SMS data for A-10A/C and F-16

• Like 2

Found a bug with dynamic loadout, mirror mode isn't working at al. I don't know if it's an Arma 3 bug or not, but that never happened with vanilla planes. o7