firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Hunter GPK System updated in first page

Alpha 0.1
- Turret type 3 added
- M240 turret added
- attributes added
- hunter gpk loadout dialog added(initial ver)
- ammo logistics(see the LOGISTICS)

many things has changed, so read the readme file carefully.

• Like 2

Hello Firewill. One question I had about this GPK mod, I have downloaded and and several of my buddies and we can put the turrets on fine without ACE3 turned on but when you have ACE3 on it doesn't seem to work and we cant seem to get in the turret from outside or inside the vehicle. I have watched your video several times and nothing is working. So the question is am I doing something wrong?

7 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there a template for FIR Pilot&Crew Pack's helmets?

not yet.

16 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there a template for FIR Pilot&Crew Pack's helmets?

Unfortunately the link doesn't work anymore. However, I have gone out of my way to create my own. It's as simple as pulling out the PAA, converting it to img or png, then (by choice) layer out the texture by selecting the different components and organizing the layers by precedence. My group is currently working on upgrading the helmets to 2048px for more realistic detail and use.

PS: All of this can be done on GIMP, however I recommend Photoshop for better detail manipulation.

The config is a little more difficult and required me to out-source, however it is as simple as referencing the 'Firewill' helmet model and applying your new texture as a hidden texture. There are a lot of videos on writing configs for re-textures.

I know I can use the existing paa file but firewill provided a nice photoshop file for flight suits as template (I already have a RHS re-texture mod published in that way). That is the best what you can get for retextures that's why I asked him if there will be any template for helmets as well :)

• Like 1

anybody has key for "Firewill's PilotCrewPack / ACE3 Visor Compatibility" mod somehow? I cannot use it at my server..

AWS has been updated on first page

v1.7
- Jet DLC Compatible Update : Sensors / Dynamic Loadout and more
- SMS(Stores Management System) Function Added
- RFD(Radio Frequency Display) System Function Added - TFAR(Task force arrowhead radio) Required

note : some weapons still working for upgrade such as sensors.

• Like 2

update order

F-16 -> A-10 -> F-2 -> F-14 -> F-15

• Like 2

so what do the pods now? they don´t reveal targets as before and a i don´t see any improvements.

BTW, i think that you should check the TGP cam of the gunner in 2-seat planes. They can´t lock onto targets or ground so it´s pretty difficult to designate targets w/ lasing for example.

27 minutes ago, nbc095 said:

so what do the pods now? they don´t reveal targets as before and a i don´t see any improvements.

BTW, i think that you should check the TGP cam of the gunner in 2-seat planes. They can´t lock onto targets or ground so it´s pretty difficult to designate targets w/ lasing for example.

for lasing laser marker. you need get used to new sensor system because each sensor have specific range/angle for find target.

perfectly working fine for me. if you want lock axis the ground for gunner camera, just zoom in.

• Like 1

Just now, firewill said:

for lasing laser marker. you need get used to new sensor system because each sensor have specific range/angle for find target.

perfectly working fine for me. if you want lock axis the ground for gunner camera, just zoom in.

got it!

Not sure if it's just me but I don't see any of your weapons in the pylon selection for the F/A-181.

Why would AWS weapons be available for the F/A 181?  I don't believe they are compatible at this point.

14 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Why would AWS weapons be available for the F/A 181?  I don't believe they are compatible at this point.

v1.7
- Jet DLC Compatible Update : Sensors / Dynamic Loadout and more

Unless the aircraft has to be modified to accept the AWS while using the dynamic loadout in the editor then I figured that is what this bullet in the changelog was referring to. 

Just like how other aircraft were able to use GLT missilebox in their respective loadout dialogs in Arma 2 after necessary updates were applied. Still trying to fully understand the Dynamic Loadout the BI has released is it aircraft specific or can the AWS be modified to be used by all planes in Arma 3?

• Like 1

Nah, that's just referring to the EDEN dynamic loadouts.  Lets you change weapons in EDEN easily.

It looks like the SMS is just the same loadout menu as before, but using the new scripting provided by BIS behind the scenes.

Ok....so to pair the F/A-181 with the AWS would Firewill have to make a standalone like the A-164R? Or can the AWS be modified to somehow be integrated directly into EDEN?

• Like 1

AWS would have to be modified to take into account all the Pylon structures of the F/A 181 and it's classnames.  Can it be done?  Most likely.  Can you talk Firewill into doing it?

Since Jets brought in a unified pylon system it's possible to have any weapon on any airframe, assuming you can code it all to do it.  Takes time and energy.

I'd rather be taught because I can find time to devote and with Arma energy and patience should be placed on the box as a requirement. I just lack knowledge and when I see things like this:

I want to put the things that the little guy like me are looking for that the community has already made, together in order to bridge gaps that Arma is lacking. The BI DEV's  have their own priorities and they don't always line up with mine.

Well, I'm going to be messing around with that script later tonight. I'll let you know if it's backward compatible with the AWS stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tac21 said:

Ok....so to pair the F/A-181 with the AWS would Firewill have to make a standalone like the A-164R? Or can the AWS be modified to somehow be integrated directly into EDEN?

okay, here's some technical explain.

dynamic loadout is use the pylon system, already you know. but compatible is using hardpoint array.

class pylon1 {
                    hardpoints[] = {"B_BIM9X_RAIL", "B_BIM9X_DUAL_RAIL", "B_AMRAAM_D_RAIL", "B_AMRAAM_D_DUAL_RAIL", "B_AGM65_RAIL", "B_GBU12"};
                    attachment = "PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x1";
                    priority = 12;
                    maxweight = 300;
                    UIposition[] = {0.6, 0.45};
                };

from black wasp ii config

class pylons3: pylons1
                    {
                        hardpoints[] = {"FIR_F16_Combined_HP","FIR_MISC"};
                        priority = 3;
                        attachment = "FIR_AIM120_P_1rnd_M";
                        maxweight = 1050;
                        UIposition[] = {0.34,0.1};
                    };

from f-16 config

as you see, these config have several codes in hardpoint array. i think you understand what that is mean.

anyway, in game loadout editor in video, that script using some check code "magazine classname have PYLON?"

if have, include array. sadly my magazine classname have _P_, not PYLON. so can't include.

p.s : i found some word in aircraftloadout

Added compatibility check for magazines and pylons, so you can't add everything on every pylon.

well, in that case, need to modify hardpoints first.

• Like 1

I found some bugs:
EGBU-12 x3 and GBU-12 x3 isn't working;
EGBU-12 x3 is called x2 (Mispelling);
Same name variant of weapons doesn't show up until you use the first one. Exemple: AGM-65 D, AGM-65 G and AGM-65 L, one of each equiped, will show only one at time instead of 3 different weapons.

And I have two questions for you: Is it possible to enable the Air-To-Ground FCS from A-16 (Vanilla) to your planes? And disable crosshair?

14 minutes ago, erikj said:

I found some bugs:
EGBU-12 x3 and GBU-12 x3 isn't working;
EGBU-12 x3 is called x2 (Mispelling);
Same name variant of weapons doesn't show up until you use the first one. Exemple: AGM-65 D, AGM-65 G and AGM-65 L, one of each equiped, will show only one at time instead of 3 different weapons.

And I have two questions for you: Is it possible to enable the Air-To-Ground FCS from A-16 (Vanilla) to your planes? And disable crosshair?

fixed

fixed

press reload button in action menu for switch same weapon variant

i don't understand what is A-16 (Vanilla)

no plan for disable the crosshair, because i use that!