firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

On 3/23/2017 at 8:55 PM, phantomphan said:

The jet is actually fairly fast for the map size

Agreed for the most part. However there are alot of 20x20 maps coming out in the community this year. For example: it took me at 5 min 29 seconds to cross my map with afterburners at 1281kph.

It's super fast for altis and cherno, but with 20x20 and up, I think a little increase in the speed would be beneficial.

59 minutes ago, colince411 said:

Agreed for the most part. However there are alot of 20x20 maps coming out in the community this year. For example: it took me at 5 min 29 seconds to cross my map with afterburners at 1281kph.

It's super fast for altis and cherno, but with 20x20 and up, I think a little increase in the speed would be beneficial.

Well, you're already at Mach 1.

Quite fast already, isn't it?

• Like 2

i found something when test with F-22/F-14

- airplane simulation is hard to make more fast than 1200~1300km/h without Afterburner.

- but no simulation or PhysX animation, called "airplaneX" is can make more speed even 2000+. but problem is afterburner is acting like frame drop(if hard to imagine, just remember my F-16 was did in 2015~16 early)

conclusion : hard to choice. earn speed and afterburner acting frame drop or less speed with stable afterburner.

• Like 1

To be honest I beleive 1000kmh is already too much for Arma 3 maps.

How many ultra huge maps do we have?
IMHO Speeds should make sense in avarage map sizes and should not be totally the same like the real world.

Like I mentioned here

55 minutes ago, nbc095 said:

Any news on the Su-25SM?

its had little delay due to other work, but already integrated the dynamic loadout. and also, i got a good reference photos for Su-25SM3 cockpit recently. its helpful for cockpit work.

that's all the news of Su-25SM3 for now.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, I always look for stability.

16 hours ago, colince411 said:

Maybe my math is wrong, is your map 115km ? 5 min and 29 seconds is a long time at 1281kph.  Even a larger 20km map at that speed you can cross just under 57 seconds.  Crossing map width boundary times becomes arcade-ish to me. Understand still a game, however for Jets DLC and BVR combat and giving yourself time for engagement new sensor usage 100km maps are not out of the realm of extreme. 

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

Aaaand a dev group is releasing a slew of maps with little ground objects, high res sat textures, and most importantly they are HUUUUUGE.  Looks like they start at arund 80 KM and go up to 143x143KM.

I've flown on a couple and they are great for Air combat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shrike88 said:

At the end of the day, I always look for stability.

Maybe my math is wrong, is your map 115km ? 5 min and 29 seconds is a long time at 1281kph.  Even a larger 20km map at that speed you can cross just under 57 seconds.  Crossing map width boundary times becomes arcade-ish to me. Understand still a game, however for Jets DLC and BVR combat and giving yourself time for engagement new sensor usage 100km maps are not out of the realm of extreme. 

*Spoilers: My WIP is 81.92km x 81.92km

I am more than happy with a decision to stay at the current speeds Firewill, it creates time to target factors. Thank you for the response and information.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Aaaand a dev group is releasing a slew of maps with little ground objects, high res sat textures, and most importantly they are HUUUUUGE.  Looks like they start at arund 80 KM and go up to 143x143KM.

I've flown on a couple and they are great for Air combat.

I don't think Snake Man is a BI developer,  just saying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nikiforos said:

I don't think Snake Man is a BI developer,  just saying

I didn't say BIS was developing them.  But, I guess I could have said Community Dev group.  If it's just one guy then... oops.  That one Guy is releasing a bunch of large maps for flying on.

• Like 1

On 2017-3-29 at 4:04 PM, firewill said:

its had little delay due to other work, but already integrated the dynamic loadout. and also, i got a good reference photos for Su-25SM3 cockpit recently. its helpful for cockpit work.

that's all the news of Su-25SM3 for now.

Your effort on the models and details of them is priceless. I´m really excited about this!

Really looking forward to you making an Opfor aircraft firewill. I hope it will feature an electro-optical FLIR tgt system like the A-10 and the F-16!

where does one get this skin!? :D

On 2/27/2017 at 8:36 PM, shrike88 said:

Again Firewill a huge thanks for all your hard work on updating the UH-80R.  Our group loves it ! Hopefully the community will appreciate it as much as we do !

Shrike

zxAyk0F.png

OYu1Dex.png

12 minutes ago, Grim_Panda said:

where does one get this skin!? :D

that skin is custom group skin i guess. because not made from me.

• Like 1

Hey Firewill, I´d like to congratulate for your "avant guarde" work, your planes (as well as RHS´s) are already - sensorwise - compactible with Jets DLC... we can turn on and off the radar and change the range =D

Thanks and many kudos! Keep it up!

(anxious for the extra features you´re working on... that PIP MFD for the laser TGP is awesome!)

• Like 1

Looking forward to the new Carrier in the upcoming DLC working with your releases.  Going to have the best looking Naval Helicopter operating off of the USS Freedom !   Again thanks for all your contributions to the mod community.  Some fan artwork to pay Homage.

Shrike

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Grim_Panda said:

any chance we might see something like diz? 

maybe you can find in unsung 3 mod because i saw the photo of that in unsung.

• Like 2

Oh that's cool! But I thought unsung was kind of dependent upon their mod as a whole? Or do they allow for cutting it up and dropping pieces that aren't needed?

You have an amazing list of weapons available, any thoughts on adding the SPICE weapons system for the F-16 ? 

Thanks

Shrike111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

• Like 2

On 2017. 4. 23. at 6:40 AM, shrike88 said:

You have an amazing list of weapons available, any thoughts on adding the SPICE weapons system for the F-16 ? 

Thanks

Shrike111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

maybe include for future process.

- Hunter GPK can change the various turret type(m2,mk19,tow)
- player can input the magazines for each turret in hunter inventory.
- turret can get magazine & load from parent vehicle(attached)

• Like 4

That looks incredibly simple and easy to use! Thanks

Any plans to add more cosmetics to the turrets themselves?

mrap.jpg 

11 minutes ago, colince411 said:

That looks incredibly simple and easy to use! Thanks

Any plans to add more cosmetics to the turrets themselves?

yes, i have plan for make more kit type and more weapons!

• Like 1

1B650CFACE9BFFA6D0EFF8F2BBAA533873201C51

D73ECA1558D127C531102987B9D9721F17A6553F

DDA243C65F88E6E8C626A76F2B04287DCB34CB0D

711567B3308977B91039F56D1E35037AE2655588

E78CB41E43E2F22D6A4F5FE9E3FD38635034D338

7073B7984680D4F1C0DCC41ADCF2977740100DB7

- new weapon : M240

- turret 1 with Camo net

• Like 8