firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

LJDAM, CBU-105, Paveway IV, EGBU-12, Meteor, APKWS, Russian weapons, dude/dudette you're killing us!

@teddy the 24/BLU-118 already is a fuel-air explosive, that's just one way to make a thermobaric bomb. FPS drop is manageable

AWS updated on First page

v1.6
- new Weapon : GBU-54 LJDAM / CBU-105 SFW WCMD / EGBU-12 Enhanced Paveway II / Paveway IV 500lb / APKWS / AIM-132 ASRAAM / IRIS-T / Meteor / KAB-250L / KAB-500 Series / FAB-250 / RBK-250 / R-73 / 9K121 / Kh-29 Series / Gsh-30
- new Function : TGP Screen System / Map Display System
- Vulcan crash fix(must update aircrafts too) 

some note for new update

- both function, TGP Screen and Map Display system is currently WIP. possible many errors.

- TGP screen viewdistance is max. 2km around. its pip limitation.

- Vulcan Crash was fixed during "7 days test in MP/Dedi" with/without Blastcore Edited , just in my case. - however also its not sure. and also need to update the aircraft too.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ss9 said:

Thanks for the update, but the new weapons aren't available on the old planes.  Need laser JDAMS! :p

I think that's mostly what they use now, since it's just a small addon kit.  I did notice the change in the model for the GBU-38 and the fact that it doesn't laser lock.  Very thoughtful from a realism standpoint.  It's the little things ;)

Just need my laser JDAMS back.  XD

by me f-16c loader module is not setting the weapons anymore...26r1s.jpg

Hey Firewill, just out of curiosity but is the AH-99R going to get the same treatment as your UH-80R as in you can set the pylons on via the Eden Editor?

11 hours ago, ss9 said:

Thanks for the update, but the new weapons aren't available on the old planes.  Need laser JDAMS! :p

I think that's mostly what they use now, since it's just a small addon kit.  I did notice the change in the model for the GBU-38 and the fact that it doesn't laser lock.  Very thoughtful from a realism standpoint.  It's the little things ;)

Just need my laser JDAMS back.  XD

What is the TGP display function?  is that something to integrate with masnooper?

I don't think I had any Vulcan crash trouble, amazingly.

new weapon integration is will be update each aircraft little by little. today F-16 updated for LJDAM/EGBU-12/CBU-105. APKWS is still under test with A-10C.

TGP Display function is only available in A-10C for test. and just display the targeting screen on MFD. no have any other function.

11 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

by me f-16c loader module is not setting the weapons anymore...

fixed.

1 hour ago, gabravo2005 said:

Hey Firewill, just out of curiosity but is the AH-99R going to get the same treatment as your UH-80R as in you can set the pylons on via the Eden Editor?

yes, will be.

Any news on the Su-25? The train hype is running actually :P

Again Firewill a huge thanks for all your hard work on updating the UH-80R.  Our group loves it ! Hopefully the community will appreciate it as much as we do !

Shrike

zxAyk0F.png

OYu1Dex.png

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

• Like 9

Loving the APKWS on the A-10C. It locks on all laser targets(from I-TGT; another aircraft; and ground forces). They are great for a fast close-quarters air support. We will continue to use them and try to find flaws:razz:

-thankyou.

95B8F65E86EA24A4C808DAD3442116131A10E535

A4A7E1DF66AEBCBF57E9C8054362D0012CF7562F

F750C9B11A84B33BF1211AC4602EC479A791C20E

6E0843020F2510C6AF7EE55EDAEFE572E1230A06

AWS : ROAD TO JET DLC Project

• Like 8

I cannot wait for that Firewill!  
I've been playing with the Dev build to pass word to our unit's pilots about all the cool stuff coming, and was just waiting to see what Modders would be doing with it.
Great looking work!

Are those HARMS working as Home on Active Radar ground targets in DEV?  And what Max Range are you testing Active Radar at in the F-16?

4 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

I cannot wait for that Firewill!  
I've been playing with the Dev build to pass word to our unit's pilots about all the cool stuff coming, and was just waiting to see what Modders would be doing with it.
Great looking work!

Are those HARMS working as Home on Active Radar ground targets in DEV?  And what Max Range are you testing Active Radar at in the F-16?

currently focus on dynamic loadout, sensor development is didn't start.

• Like 1

Well, thanks.  Good to see someone is working on implementing it for their mods, and your Airframes are some of the best out there. 

I'll quit bugging you about sensor info ;) 

Is there any Arma 3 difference between EGBUs to GBUs? In real life there is but I wonder if you implemented something based on weather conditions 

EGBU Paveways (and Paveway IV) can use the GPS/INS guidance. So in the addon they can use GPS coordinates from the I-TGT menu in addition to locking on laser targets, where normal GBU Paveways can only lock on laser targets.

They work the same as the GBU-54 Laser-JDAMs

To nip any questions regarding what is the difference in the field in the bud, I believe the EGBU-12's paveway kit still offers greater accuracy than the GBU-54's laser spot tracker, thus the EGBU would be used with GPS for initial glide and laser for final attack ideally, while the GBU-54 would use the laser if it needs to for instance hit a moving target but not so much dropping bombs down chimneys. In Arma 3, there's no functional difference, it depends on which you think looks cooler (though you can fit more LJDAMs than EGBUs on the F-15E (when it gets updated) due to the LJDAM's more compact laser spot tracker)

ACA96D79319F745FD14D42EF914BEA9D672493E5

Pylon Settings texture WIP(need to adjust)

776503D67E7D1044011536059DB6196FE01C030E

6CFFCEE4C3983ADB224E431F898BB0F3E98B070D

7A81D58527551E301B408F2513743F340D2D8A15

Thanks the new pylon system, now F-16 have only 10 proxies!(in before, F-16 had 35 estimated. F-15E? hell.)

and also can make GEPOD 30 for A-16(F/A-16) in 1980s

• Like 5

Your starting to build quite and extensive arsenal in your AWS ! Excited to see the GPU-5/a in there for your F-15 and your F-16, definitely going to add some unique features. Also glad the new Dev updates are allowing you to cut down on the amount of scripting proxies in your load outs.  Thanks for the updates.

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

• Like 1

It is a video game so we won't have any of the downsides of the real thing. Kinda worries me with regards to the A-10's place then, an F-15E with a GPU-5 and a bunch of SDB racks would fill the same role as an A-10 handily...

A-10's will be able to take more damage than an F-15 Most likely.  Along with the Sensors/Dynamic Loadout/Datalink  JETS will include hitpoint and damage implementations for discrete systems.

@firewill is it possible to make balanced release? What I mean is, i.e. I have 3*2 gbu-38. When I start releasing them it finishes first one wing and then another. Is there a possibility to make balanced release so it will not have asymmetrical loads?

Another idea about FIR AWS is, it would be nice multiple releases to all memory points which are set. So I enter 4 GPS locations and select all (at the moment it selects only 1) and when I release, it releases 4 bombs.