firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

What is the "AGM-65 Maverick seeker display system"?

2F3501B5EEB49B80D06B3892757CDD1709D856A2

when firing AGM-65(D and G), maverick seeker is display on cockpit screen until hit the target.

A few reports in regards with the A10 release:

1. GAU-8 sound is not attenuated in the cockpit. Full sound volume as when looking in 3rd person view.
  2. Imo, the GAU-8 (I use yours, not Mighty or ACE3) is a bit to powerful. One good small burst (first firemode) completely annihilates a vanilla T-100, or a RHS T72 (all models) and T-90 (all models). Altho its super fun to shoot T72's this way it feels, again imho, a bit too powerful.  :)
  3. Unguided bombs are indeed guided like reported above. You will not get a lock-on per-se, but if you aim the CCIP marker right at the target the bombs does track and hits dead center even on moving vehicles. This applies to both Mk82's and Snake Eyes. I suspect trackLead/trackOversteer/sideAirFriction is the villain in this scenario, if not on purpose ofcourse.

1. i've test other aircraft like vanilla planes, its looks like same volume.

2. for the next time, i'll nerf the GAU-8 can't destroy anything even people! ha, just kidding. maybe need more opinion about this, might be using vote.

3. actually, i'm very surprised everyone didn't find that until this time! i was leave that(maybe call bug) in last year. well, people found it, so i'll fix it soon.

anyway, thanks the feedbacks!

• Like 1

1. i've test other aircraft like vanilla planes, its looks like same volume.

From my point of view:

In comparison with all the other sounds produced by the A-10, the GAU-8 sticks out a bit much when flying in first person. If possible and you think it's worth the time, it wouldn't hurt to lower the in-cockpit sound just a teeny bit, or perhaps roll off the treble so it sounds a bit more muffled.

It might be on par with the vanilla plane, but the vanilla plane also has louder engine noises so the mix gets a bit more coherent.

I mean, I'm nitpicking here. If you feel its good, it's all good :)

I  do not think that the GAU8 is overpowered in reality the gau8 penetrates most of the modern armored vhilces they do not explod like in arma but the crew would get killed.

Throu this is not gong to happen in arma I think it is an good sollution how it is.

Armored vehicles as in IFVs, APCs and the sorts, yes. I'm very fine of being able to take out a BMP-whatever or a BTR-whatever with a good spot-on accurate burst or two.

I was speaking MBT's and then it's another story. Total full on fireball kill on a modern-ish MBT? Not very likey at all. Crew kill? Not likely unless top hit and at a quite extreme angle. Mobility kill? Likely!

But then there's Arma mechanics, hitpoints and damage to certain parts of the tank etc etc .... :(

Imho, I'd scale the damage down a bit so you might need a few short bursts to kill a MBT ... or something along those lines. AGM65's are there for a reason for heavy armor etc :)

Again, imho.

• Like 1

Is the sniper XR slaved to any custom keys? Or any dev controls? Left ctrl and right click doesn't work. I tried pressing every other button on my keyboard.

It's whatever your multifunction key is, under common controls - also, make sure your aircraft is equipped with a targeting pod. :)

From my experience on DCS the damage output is good when somthing on the GAU schould be changed it shouldn't have the same accuracy when fired from low or high altitude and the removal of the burst modes the a10a has an switch for choosing high and low firerate (in reality) but it only shoots so long as you pull the trigger a10c only has the high rate of fire.

Also different Ammotyps like

TP[non Combat Training Munition]

HE-I[only PGU-13(HEI) rounds]

CM[one round PGU-13(HEI) followed by five rounds PGU-14(API)]

would be very appretiated.

From my experience on DCS the damage output is good when somthing on the GAU schould be changed it shouldn't have the same accuracy when fired from low or high altitude and the removal of the burst modes the a10a has an switch for choosing high and low firerate (in reality) but it only shoots so long as you pull the trigger a10c only has the high rate of fire.

Also different Ammotyps like

TP[non Combat Training Munition]

HE-I[only PGU-13(HEI) rounds]

CM[one round PGU-13(HEI) followed by five rounds PGU-14(API)]

would be very appretiated.

DCS is good reference to development but that is doesn't mean "we must follow the everything of DCS"

my ideology of development is just provide of fun&enjoyable experience for users, of course add some based on real thing but just not a follow real thing or follow Flight sim such as DCS,BMS,FSX or something

its just different of ideology in my work and real.

anyway, back to the GAU-8.

when first version of GAU-8 was not had burst modes. only have full-auto just like vulcan from previous my work.(you know, just spread the ammo when you keep clicked)

problem is, sound. yes, our greatest and mighty BRRRT Sound.

clipping/very unrealistic and annoying repeating sound was main problem of GAU-8 full-auto system. so just use the short/long burst mode instead RPM based full-auto mode.

if found the solution, will change.

i hope you understand what i mean.

and plus ammunition - only one ammo type can input in one magazine. weapon is can using multiple magazine type, but ammo->magazine doesn't. mean, can't mixing AP+HE for now.

• Like 2

FireWill, can i Reqest moar Turrets :P  im loving it, using it on every vehicle, and i request M240 or M134 Gatling ? pleaseee i need it for my mod "RHS UP Armored Hmmwvs"

Does anyone have any tutorials or advice on how to use the AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missiles with the F-16C?  I equip the HTP and hit "search for radar targets" and nothing seems to happen.

project_bravo_1.jpg

project_bravo_2.jpg

Project Bravo

in late 2017

(this picture is Teaser, not WIP)

• Like 7

Wow! what the hell, yopu new project is a ship? you amazing , you make the ARMA 3 better game, thank alot man

Hi guys,

how do you understand that you can release the geo or lase guided missiles? Is there any indicator at HUD which shows time to release the ordnance

Hi guys,

how do you understand that you can release the geo or lase guided missiles? Is there any indicator at HUD which shows time to release the ordnance

laser - lock on to the laser target and drop the bomb when appear diamond on the target box.

gps - use the i-tgt. no need to using lock on key such as T/Tab etc

ahh :) After having so many nice features I thought laser guidence works also different in your mod. Then question is, what is the laser button in i-tgt? I thought it needs to be used.

For GPS bombing, I don't lock and it hits which is fine but my question was how to know if I am good to release the bomb? Is there any indicator on hud or i-tgt? Otherwise I might think time to release the bomb 10km away from target with altitude 100 meter :)

ahh :) After having so many nice features I thought laser guidence works also different in your mod. Then question is, what is the laser button in i-tgt? I thought it needs to be used.

For GPS bombing, I don't lock and it hits which is fine but my question was how to know if I am good to release the bomb? Is there any indicator on hud or i-tgt? Otherwise I might think time to release the bomb 10km away from target with altitude 100 meter :)

- create laser target.

- there is no indicator or something sadly. but suggest the try to make 45 degrees and remember : arma is not flight sim.

ok so it is just sending laser beam and I don't need to switch to laser which is in weapon

Arma is not flight sim yes, but your mods are letting me to forget it. Absolute Awesomeness! Thanks for the standalone mods man

ok so it is just sending laser beam and I don't need to switch to laser which is in weapon

Arma is not flight sim yes, but your mods are letting me to forget it. Absolute Awesomeness! Thanks for the standalone mods man

exactly. using laser with i-tgt, that is no need to switching laser designator. of course, you can switch the GPS/LSR you want.

above answers is wrote with mobile phone, so maybe too short. anyway thanks the using my mods :-)

A8C550E9BE01791B27B31281B687231445B3A35B (1920×1200)

E653D8EB4BFE9EAFF224F595B55891E1DEF32E6E (1920×1200)

JHMCS WIP (still using previous helmet skin - will be change)

• Like 1

On 2016. 12. 13. at 2:15 PM, Iceman2004 said:

How's the A10 coming along 

BETA 3 is will be update with other aircraft&AWS. however i can't say exactly when because still working, but mostly done.

and introduce the another brand-new "useless" feature - kill mark system (WIP)

- shoot down the enemy aircraft, destroy the enemy vehicles! and then, decorate the your aircraft with the kill mark and show your score to the other player!

- air-kill / ground-kill / mixed(air+ground) supported

- max kill count is 999 - someone said "if i got more 999 kills?" - remember, Erich Hartmann's count is 352. (rank #1 ace in WW2)

- make your own kill mark - addon/mission supported(like ADES decal)

- save the score is working Multiplayer ONLY - Important

3F2E20E3BD8929436F0F7AFCEBF2502005FCC054

Dialog is still WIP - watch the soft kills count and armored kills count(21 total)

E29FC070AED84E0BE15625EA88B5F5B108108200

select the ground only/ tank kill mark. Two "10 tank"  and one tank.

• Like 2

On 30/10/2016 at 3:18 AM, firewill said:

DCS is good reference to development but that is doesn't mean "we must follow the everything of DCS"

my ideology of development is just provide of fun&enjoyable experience for users

and plus ammunition - only one ammo type can input in one magazine. weapon is can using multiple magazine type, but ammo->magazine doesn't. mean, can't mixing AP+HE for now.

I've been a long term fan of the DCS A-10C module, I even have a thrustmaster warthog HOTAS set which I've put away for now (No good with arma i'm afraid).

Though I do understand that DCS is a 100% sim game and tries to be as realistic as possible, the only issue with trying to mix DCS and ArmA is that ArmA can be as little or as realistic as the end user wishes it to be. If we were to be going with 100% realism as in DCS then we would end up with everyone on the forums complaining that aircraft are OP because you got killed by something that was 5000 meters above you, outside of most object view ranges. In ArmA engagement ranges are very very short compared to DCS, and to account for that everything has to be toned down.

I do agree that the GAU-8 was a tank buster, it was designed to own the russian tanks of it's time and it does a very good job of chewing up infantry and light vehicles due to it's explosive rounds. Though we can't have an OP gun such as this in ArmA due to the average infantryman not carrying AA. I would suggest simply toning down the damage so that one full burst would knock out a tank, so that if you missed some of those all important AP rounds, the tank would still be live. Or something along those lines instead. 

• Like 1

AWS updated

v1.5
- GAU-8 sound volume decreased
- ADES Maintenance(ADES Compatibility for Other Aircraft Integration)
- LAU-117 Single rail for AGM-65
- AGM-88 HARM Adaptor
- Killmark System
- iron bombs no longer follow the vehicles with lock on.
- other things I forgot.

Pilot&Crew Pack Updated

Alpha 0.3

- JHMCS added

• Like 2