firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

there must have been an error with the download. for i've downloaded it from your dropbox, before it was uploaded on armaholic. an i saw a shadow issue with the f 16, so i think it was the former version.

i now downloaded everything from armaholic and it works like you said.

all the trouble, just because of wrong data transfer.

p.s.: if you equipp f-14 with a lantirn-pod it doesn't crash, but the camera position is inside the jet-engine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cvo90tbd8x6bv8/20160926140701_1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddxpqbetemr37nj/20160926140719_1.jpg?dl=0

-ai doesn't recognize gps targets with the "advanced-targeting-system". it only reacts, when the target is marked as a laser-target, no matter if it's got gps-guided or laser-guided bombs on board.

get into a two-seater as wso. load gbu12 and gbu38 bombs. let the ai fly. designate a target with the "advanced-targeting-system" and select it as gps-target. ai won't attack.
clear the target and select it again as laser-target. ai will attack, first with gps-guided bombs(gbu38), then with laser-guided bombs(gbu12).
if gbu31 is on board, it will be picked first (biggest bomb first), while flying too low and being affected by the massive explosion.

(tested with f-15-strike eagle)

I don't know if i am on the right fourm. If not please derect me to the right one please.  Firewill I'm having a blast with the Momba and the ghost hawk.   But is there a way we  could atdd some hell fires or miniguns to the accessory kit for the uh-80R. 

Also has anyone else have the floating flir nosecone in front of the aircraft?

I love  the  F16,  question, the pilot SUIT  from FIR Pilot&Crew Pack disarm the G force from ACE3  mod????????

Is it posible to make this compatible with the g-force simulation in ace3?

-ai doesn't recognize gps targets with the "advanced-targeting-system". it only reacts, when the target is marked as a laser-target, no matter if it's got gps-guided or laser-guided bombs on board.

get into a two-seater as wso. load gbu12 and gbu38 bombs. let the ai fly. designate a target with the "advanced-targeting-system" and select it as gps-target. ai won't attack.

clear the target and select it again as laser-target. ai will attack, first with gps-guided bombs(gbu38), then with laser-guided bombs(gbu12).

if gbu31 is on board, it will be picked first (biggest bomb first), while flying too low and being affected by the massive explosion.

(tested with f-15-strike eagle)

well, another boring technical explanation time i guess.

GPS is designed for grid coordinates/ for Player/ NOT AI - important.

basically, typical using of guidance system is 1. IR(irlock) 2. Laser(laserlock) for weapons. IR is just like missiles we using, laser is like GBU-12. of course AI can using both system.

however, i want to add some "different thing" for my GPS munitions, so i've made of grid coordinates based guidance system. that's why AI can't using GPS target. mean AI can't read&using the coordinates for using weapon in current lock system.

but also AI need to using GPS munitions, so still keep using Laserlock too. not for reality but for AI.

if remove the GPS or modify the GPS system to laser, its not a different of using the laser bomb. just JDAM is become another laser-guided bomb, not GPS guided like other.(GPS is not a laser, you know)

current GPS system is give some advantages such as:

1. no need to lock the square on target  - and no need to worry about laser target is disappear when block the visual.

2. no need to keep waiting for fully lock on(diamond)

3. can throw the bomb with long range beyond your visual range

4. can throw the bomb to multiple location in same time, also fire and forget.

of course disadvantage we have

1. AI can't using

so, if you want GPS guided bomb for AI, using the laser.

second, maybe AI loving the using BIG Bomb! of course that's matter of "cost" so modify of that if needed.

I don't know if i am on the right fourm. If not please derect me to the right one please.  Firewill I'm having a blast with the Momba and the ghost hawk.   But is there a way we  could atdd some hell fires or miniguns to the accessory kit for the uh-80R. 

Also has anyone else have the floating flir nosecone in front of the aircraft?

right place for that.

other option is considering but i don't have time for ghosthawk kit, i'll work for that when i have enough time - also will fix the floating nosecone in same time too.

I love  the  F16,  question, the pilot SUIT  from FIR Pilot&Crew Pack disarm the G force from ACE3  mod????????

Is it posible to make this compatible with the g-force simulation in ace3?

already gforce value for ace3 in uniform - maybe gain more resistance of g-force. honestly i'm not a ace3 user, so can't be sure.

it works, it inherits it from the vanilla pilot suit so i gets the ace buff. Same with the helmets. Just don't try pulling a tight turn at 1280 km/h :D

Fir, I would like to ask a question about AWS US. Is it technically possible to add simple native virtual support for  RHS aircrafts?.

without editing hardpoints and e.t.c.

i meant when press fire - bombs and rockets spawn from centre of aircrft

Simple pre configured  loadout dialog like CAS .CAP. JDAM...

I TGT ...

su-27b by pook : crash - maybe doesn't have pilotcamera config.

None of my aircraft have a "pilotcamera config".  So "no" to the Flanker series, EF-2000, Russian bombers, etc.  The aircraft with a WSO seat (Su-30, Bombers) do have a gunner turret however.

I wouldn't even know what "pilotcamera" is...???

Fir, I would like to ask a question about AWS US. Is it technically possible to add simple native virtual support for  RHS aircrafts?.

without editing hardpoints and e.t.c.

i meant when press fire - bombs and rockets spawn from centre of aircrft

Simple pre configured  loadout dialog like CAS .CAP. JDAM...

I TGT ...

possible but need some config work i think.

None of my aircraft have a "pilotcamera config".  So "no" to the Flanker series, EF-2000, Russian bombers, etc.  The aircraft with a WSO seat (Su-30, Bombers) do have a gunner turret however.

I wouldn't even know what "pilotcamera" is...???

"Gives the pilot access to a targeting pod (or some CCTV) and control over it in a full screen display feed (via *Multifunction camera* action, Ctrl+RMB by default)." - from description of pilotcamera in bi wiki

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_Targeting_config_reference#class_pilotCamera

i don't know exactly why crash in game without pilotcamera class in config, but one thing is clear in my case, problem was solved just input the pilotcamera working like "static gun-cam"(currenlty only using for F-15 and will update for F-14)

• Like 3

Thanks for that reference.  So it sounds like it is a PIP addition of sorts... I already have a PIP screen in the EF-2000 model.  Perhaps that is a contributor. 

To be honest this looks like a recent addition, and so it may be bugged...

i don't know exactly why crash in game without pilotcamera class in config, but one thing is clear in my case, problem was solved just input the pilotcamera working like "static gun-cam"(currenlty only using for F-15 and will update for F-14)

Seems BIS might have worked on fixing it for the next game update anyway. From yesterday's dev Branch changelog:

ENGINE 
  • Fixed: Crash connected to the pilotCamera config

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/?p=3098075

• Like 1

We will find a way. We always have..

after many trials and errors, finally i made of display the screen from pilot camera(or called virtual targeting pod)

you can see screen on MFD is very similar with pilot camera screen.

of course still early wip and remain many bugs in there.

work-to-do list

- fix the bugs, make stable

- make compatibility for easier integration

p.s : view distance of pip is too short and can't change that even i set up view distance is max.(12,000)

• Like 5

How are you moving the camera view and flying without mouse movements moving the control surfaces?

since no report about thermobaric bomb.

superb weapon but when explode-huge fps drop for 2-3 sec

Maybe,MRT Accessory functions mod could help with hints/be useful about how to set the Pip and other things up for this.

since no report about thermobaric bomb.

superb weapon but when explode-huge fps drop for 2-3 sec

of course that's huge explosive and destroy the everything(include building) within range! even cluster munition for artillery is also cause of frame drop, why not this bomb?

and let's talk about pip

PiP view distance is relate with view distance in game setting, but also have some limit. - its same problem like AV Camera for UAV terminal(they also using pip for driver/gunner cam).

in test, if view distance setting is 12000(12km), pip view distance have around 1500~2000m. but if set to 500m, pip view distance is around 500m.

conclusion is, max limitation of pip view distance is 1500~2000(if using 12000 for view distance). 

1500~2000m is long distance for infantry gunfight. however aircraft is doesn't.

for example, ZU-23-2's effective range is 2~2.5km and altitude is 1.5~2km.

mean if you want to see destroy the ZU-23-2 with your aircraft MFD is risk your life.

i don't want that happen so i'll keep trying for increase the view distance for the pip, but currently there is nothing i can do with my knowledge.

p.s : below link is old feedback, but maybe help for understand of current situation

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T78993

another example for limitation of pip view distance

AFA0B267954FD70F7A582FAB429E2CE3D018FB46

my F-16 is also using pip for NV hud(WAR HUD), so let's test for view distance of pip

view distance : 12000 / object view distance : 12000

1DAA8F1F77DEA60029FE2623B3ECD68E0706DD87

looking the waypoint, range is 6.7km but nothing we can see for now

1A61A4C5358839E5F2F58A3506207CF7D060F3A0

within 1.5km, waypoint area is appear.

This is the same problem I faced with the EF2000 targeting camera.  It is a PIP limitation and unless you implement a Mando-style camera there isn't much you can do to it.  Can't really zoom with it to be honest.  The game engine simply doesn't support this kind of "feature" for the reasons you alluded to... it is first and foremost an infantry simulation, not an aircraft simulation.  "It isn't DCS" LOL

• Like 1

Hello man, amazing mod you make here,I am you big Fan  :)  :) , Can you concider make you pilot suit to  reduce G force from ACE3 mod??? please

Hello man, amazing mod you make here,I am you big Fan  :)  :) , Can you concider make you pilot suit to  reduce G force from ACE3 mod??? please

i thought already do that. not sure because i'm not a ACE3 user like i said.

AWS updated

v1.4 
- GAU-8 added 
- Smoke rocket added 
- MER(Multi Ejector Rack) added 
- AGM-65 Maverick seeker display system added

for A-10 Beta.

Why every bomb is kinda smart bomb?!

All you have to do is pressing "R" toward enemy vehicles and release a bomb. Not matter what kind of bomb it is. 10 times R+Fire = 10 enemy vehicle destroyed.

Even dumb bombs lock and follow targets even if they move!!!

A few reports in regards with the A10 release:

1. GAU-8 sound is not attenuated in the cockpit. Full sound volume as when looking in 3rd person view.
  2. Imo, the GAU-8 (I use yours, not Mighty or ACE3) is a bit to powerful. One good small burst (first firemode) completely annihilates a vanilla T-100, or a RHS T72 (all models) and T-90 (all models). Altho its super fun to shoot T72's this way it feels, again imho, a bit too powerful.  :)
  3. Unguided bombs are indeed guided like reported above. You will not get a lock-on per-se, but if you aim the CCIP marker right at the target the bombs does track and hits dead center even on moving vehicles. This applies to both Mk82's and Snake Eyes. I suspect trackLead/trackOversteer/sideAirFriction is the villain in this scenario, if not on purpose ofcourse.