firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

So the loadout can't really be changed from the Eden editor?

just place and modify the module parameter and sync the aircraft, i'm mostly using of that in eden editor. if i understand about "eden editor"

example:

6020BC277EE28DA27753B4BA8CF8783C65707DD6

54F7053B188FEC1439AC9D13BA55B25B334A8DBB

just place and modify the module parameter and sync the aircraft, i'm mostly using of that in eden editor. if i understand about "eden editor"

Ah, OK then.  I see what I have to do.  Thanks!

aws hot fix

- separate the cutscene files for non-apex user. Tanoa Cutscene file is in "Additional" folder in AWS.

link : https://db.tt/wPRtByR2

i forgot the announce next projects for future, anyway let's start it.

next new projects schedule

- A-10 Warthog Series - late 2016

- F-23A Grey Ghost / XF-23 Black Phantom : 2017

- MiG-29 Fulcrum Series : 2017

- Su-25SM3 Frogfoot : 2017

- F-5E Tiger II Series : 2017~2018

maintenance program list(not relate the schedule with new projects)

- F-16 : F-16E/F Blk 60, F-16C/D Blk 3x, F-16AM, F-16V

- F-14 : F-14A/B

- F-15 : F-15SE / F-15S/MTD / F-15ASE

• Like 7

Hiya Firewill,

I have been going crazy(a short trip down a familiar path) trying to find a list that tells me what each weapon in your  FIR AWS US - AirWeaponSystem US/NATO  Is and how it is targeted. For instance,GBU-3   -  JADM  -  GPS  or something similar.

I was hoping you (or anyone else) could point me in the right direction.

~Lobo~

D6A6F9DEC5950B8DF97698EE91714109ECB6EC4B

I-TGT Quick Guide

Requirement : AWS Supported Aircraft with Targeting Pod(Lantirn, Sniper XR etc. F-15E is already equip Sniper XR)

map click-GPS(GPS is standard mode for I-TGT)

1. click the I-TGT System on action menu

2. press the "DGN" button and click on the map position you want - its will save the location into memory

3. press "SEL" for select target location and save to FCS(fire control system), once you click, Selected marker is will be created on location(blue : GPS / red : Laser)

4. flight the correct LoS, and drop the bomb without any lock on.

5. if you want pick up another location, press "CLR" for remove current target location in FCS. however location in memory is not removed, so want the delete location, press "DEL"

input grid-GPS

1. same

2. input the grid coordinates into grey area. 8 digits is must input 8 numbers, 10 is must 10. no more, no less.(8/10 button is select the current digits mode)

3. press "ENT" button, its same role with "DGN"

4. press "SEL" for select target location and save to FCS(fire control system), once you click, Selected marker is will be created on location(blue : GPS / red : Laser)

5. flight the correct LoS, and drop the bomb without any lock on.

6. if you want pick up another location, press "CLR" for remove current target location in FCS. however location in memory is not removed, so want the delete location, press "DEL"

laser mode is almost same but different thing is laser mode is create the laser target and also need to lock on to the laser target.

this video show the new I-TGT system in MP, but using grid coordinates.

• Like 1

It's great that you have F-5E in your list.

As a suggestion, it would be great to replace SU-25 with F-4E Phantom in your schedule because there are many SU-25 available for arma3 now.

FIR AWS is broken for me

whenever i try to load a scenario from the editor that has a plane using FIR AWS the game crashes and I get this message "Bad version 71 in p3d file 'FIR_AirWeaponSysyem_US\Data\Etc\chaff.p3d" 

Someone please help me out, I have laterally no idea what to do

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  

maintenance program list(not relate the schedule with new projects)

- F-16 : F-16E/F Blk 60, F-16C/D Blk 3x, F-16AM, F-16V

- F-14 : F-14A/B

- F-15 : F-15SE / F-15S/MTD / F-15ASE

Does that mean there won't be any more R-series units from the game (like the AH-99R or A-164R) in the near future, or are plans for such units not included on that list?

Hiya Firewill,

I have been going crazy(a short trip down a familiar path) trying to find a list that tells me what each weapon in your  FIR AWS US - AirWeaponSystem US/NATO  Is and how it is targeted. For instance,GBU-3   -  JADM  -  GPS  or something similar.

I was hoping you (or anyone else) could point me in the right direction.

~Lobo~

I can make an excel sheet on Google Docs if you like describing the general size, traits, guidance system (if any), etc, of each of the munitions available.

• Like 1

I can make an excel sheet on Google Docs if you like describing the general size, traits, guidance system (if any), etc, of each of the munitions available.

Thanks! that would be Great! ....and greatly appreciated!

Thanks! that would be Great! ....and greatly appreciated!

AWS Visual Targeting Test

its improvement&renaming version of previous "designate the tgt on/off" system.

laser target is finally follow on your pilot camera(virtual targeting pod).

for compare what is change, i posted the first test video in last year, laser target is fixed on ground(mean never move) and camera was can't lock the axis on the ground.

(and also good compare old & new each points like dialog button, hud etc)

• Like 1

As a suggestion, it would be great to replace SU-25 with F-4E Phantom in your schedule because there are many SU-25 available for arma3 now.

That's a good point, since RHS: Escalation already has both the A-10A and the Su-25 modeled in them.  If those won't suffice because of the lack of AWS, perhaps Firewill could ask to modify RHS' A-10 and Su-25, which would (presumably) save a lot of work creating those aircraft from scratch.  Many people (most notably beaar) have done retextures of their mods, so they seem to be open to the idea of others modifying their work (with their permission, of course).

Also, will the Su-25 and MiG-29 require a new, separate AWS CSAT/Russia as opposed to the current AWS NATO/US/MNNA, or will the existing AWS be expanded in scope to accommodate the new non-NATO weapons used by those aircraft?

That's a good point, since RHS: Escalation already has both the A-10A and the Su-25 modeled in them.  If those won't suffice because of the lack of AWS, perhaps Firewill could ask to modify RHS' A-10 and Su-25, which would (presumably) save a lot of work creating those aircraft from scratch.  Many people (most notably beaar) have done retextures of their mods, so they seem to be open to the idea of others modifying their work (with their permission, of course).

Also, will the Su-25 and MiG-29 require a new, separate AWS CSAT/Russia as opposed to the current AWS NATO/US/MNNA, or will the existing AWS be expanded in scope to accommodate the new non-NATO weapons used by those aircraft?

firstly, already you know A-10 Warthog is on progress- based on BI original model and heavily modified(if want know more, check the my A-10 warthog thread)

Su-25"SM3" is will next year.

of course, many Su-25 is available in arma 3,but i didn't see the latest modernization version, so i decide to make SM3 version.

(i saw Su-25KM Scorpion from Georgia is in arma 3. however that is not for russian air force.)

and who knows? maybe we can expect more su-25 series such as Su-25T, Su-39 etc.

AWS OPFOR(temporary name for now) is will in AWS. maybe separate some file name like FIR_AirWeaponSystem_OPFOR.pbo

• Like 1

Every SU-25 in A3 atm is an ArmA2 port with small config adaptations/fixes max.

So an accurate model with firewill's additional stuff is more then welcome for those who actually play RusFed (RHS and VTN) and are in need of quality feature-rich CAS!  ;)

firstly, already you know A-10 Warthog is on progress- based on BI original model and heavily modified(if want know more, check the my A-10 warthog thread)

Su-25"SM3" is will next year.

of course, many Su-25 is available in arma 3,but i didn't see the latest modernization version, so i decide to make SM3 version.

(i saw Su-25KM Scorpion from Georgia is in arma 3. however that is not for russian air force.)

and who knows? maybe we can expect more su-25 series such as Su-25T, Su-39 etc.

AWS OPFOR(temporary name for now) is will in AWS. maybe separate some file name like FIR_AirWeaponSystem_OPFOR.pbo

And about F-4 Phantom?

And about F-4 Phantom?

no phantom. i'm sure to say it is.

• Like 1

Hi guys please don't ignore me on this

every since I updated to FIR AWS version 1 whenever I try to use a plane that has the new update the game crashes and I get this error message

H9yqEAB.png

I have no idea how to fix this, please can someone help me out

Hi guys please don't ignore me on this

every since I updated to FIR AWS version 1 whenever I try to use a plane that has the new update the game crashes and I get this error message

H9yqEAB.png

I have no idea how to fix this, please can someone help me out

i have some quote 

Simple answer: You can't. The new version of Binarize creates P3D Version 70 files, which are supported by v1.55 of the game and later (this includes the former release candidate, now main branch patch that dropped earlier today). The previous version created Version 69 P3D files, which were only supported by v1.54 and earlier. Update your game to the latest version and your errors will disappear.

current situation is 

1. you have bad version 71 error

2. and currently no other person's report about same problem. at least for now.

3. bad version error is appear when arma3 game didn't support that p3d version. mean, game is old version.

4. in july-11~12(TECHREP #00031), Binarize has been updated -  add the P3D type 71. i'm using A3 tool for Pbo Packing, so my p3d is must binarize with p3d type 71.

and also game was updated&release APEX when same date(SPOTREP #00058)

conclusion :  i'm not sure, however its possible your game version is not 1.62

i have some quote 

current situation is 

1. you have bad version 71 error

2. and currently no other person's report about same problem. at least for now.

3. bad version error is appear when arma3 game didn't support that p3d version. mean, game is old version.

4. in july-11~12(TECHREP #00031), Binarize has been updated -  add the P3D type 71. i'm using A3 tool for Pbo Packing, so my p3d is must binarize with p3d type 71.

and also game was updated&release APEX when same date(SPOTREP #00058)

conclusion :  i'm not sure, however its possible your game version is not 1.62

Are you telling me that I need Arma 3 Apex in order to use the new version of FIR AWS? because right now I only have version 1.6 not version 1.62

Are you telling me that I need Arma 3 Apex in order to use the new version of FIR AWS? because right now I only have version 1.6 not version 1.62

AWS is doesn't need APEX , and game version is not relate with APEX.

if you using 1.6 not 1.62, its old version so need to update i think.

AWS is doesn't need APEX , and game version is not relate with APEX.

if you using 1.6 not 1.62, its old version so need to update i think.

well the new apex update is need if you want to have arma version 1.62 so I guess I need to get the apex update then.