Sign in to follow this  
fiestamasta

The State of World War 2 Mods in ARMA 3

Arma 3 community,

I have a huge interest in a total modification for Arma 3 that will create a combined arms scenario that can take advantage of the open sandbox play style and editing that the Arma 3 engine has to offer.

After browsing the forums and doing some research, I thought it may be prudent to open a discussion that can keep the community updated on any World War 2 assets and projects along with their statuses.

This would be helpful for anyone interested in creating, playing, testing World War 2 content for Arma 3

-IFA3 - Iron Front as a mod in Arma 3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170687-Iron-Front-as-mod-in-Arma-3

-Invasion 1944

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150082-Invasion-1944-V3-0

Last I saw the thread on BI Forums was closed and the website itself doesn't have any posts from devs since 2013

-31st Normandy Mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163980-31st-Normandy-Mod-World-War-II-for-ArmA3

-CSA38 Czechoslovak Army 1938

http://www.moddb.com/mods/csa38-czechoslovak-army-1938

If anyone has any information regarding new mod teams that are trying to get together to development WW2 era mods for Arma 3 I invite them to post in this discussion as well.

Edited by FiestaMasta
Adding to the list

After browsing the forums and doing some research, I thought it may be prudent to open a discussion that can keep the community updated on any World War 2 assets and projects along with their statuses.

I don't think another thread is necessary. If those mods have anything to post, they can do so in their respective threads. If any other WWII themed mods start up, they too can create their own thread. If anything, a unified thread would be more confusing by jumbling up conversations/discussions with other posts about similar mods. Your post seems more fitting to the Addon Request Thread.

I can see what you mean. Though I respectfully disagree.

I think that this post would be prudent and actually organize things somewhat. It's taken me hours of searching just to figure out what type of mods are out there for Arma 3 specifically along with what kind of status they are at. Not to mention having to read in between the lines of the various responses.

Any kind of post about a World War 2 mod seems pretty taboo in the community at the moment.

I would like for this to be a platform for the general World War 2 Total Modification theme.

I would also like to invite anyone interested in discussing potential WW2 mod projects to discuss forming a team here as well.

Consider this a "pulse" of the WW2 Era community so to speak. Therefore I think this is in it's right place under Addon - Discussion.

Ah, thanks! I didn't even know about this!

:D:D:D if it is not Normandy, so it probably does not interest anyone? mod existed for Operation Flashpoint, ArmA 1 and 2 ;)

I can see what you mean. Though I respectfully disagree.

I think that this post would be prudent and actually organize things somewhat. It's taken me hours of searching just to figure out what type of mods are out there for Arma 3 specifically along with what kind of status they are at. Not to mention having to read in between the lines of the various responses.

Any kind of post about a World War 2 mod seems pretty taboo in the community at the moment.

I would like for this to be a platform for the general World War 2 Total Modification theme.

I would also like to invite anyone interested in discussing potential WW2 mod projects to discuss forming a team here as well.

Consider this a "pulse" of the WW2 Era community so to speak. Therefore I think this is in it's right place under Addon - Discussion.

Unfortunately i would have to disagree, there is no need for such as thread, it will only confuse things. If mods have anything to post, they can do so in their own respective thread, also any new mods can open up their own thread for discussion.

With that in mind, i will now close this thread, as this sort of thread belongs in the addon request thread.