tinter

TOH South Asia Map

You can set the viewdistance higher than 12km with commands.

setViewDistance 32000

Should work, though only for terrain, not for objects.

As for roads, I want to look into it, but for the moment I do not know.

You can set the viewdistance higher than 12km with commands.

setViewDistance 32000

Should work, though only for terrain, not for objects.

As for roads, I want to look into it, but for the moment I do not know.

Well I didn't know that !

Will this work in the init?

setviewdistance 32000;
setObjectViewDistance 32000;
setTerrainGrid 50;

With all video settings maxed out, I was getting incredible frame-rates, even in dense forested or urban areas. Averaged out somewhere between 50 and 144 frames in an empty mission just flying around. Only issues I've found so far are:

• Error pop-up when ArmA 3 reaches main menu after launching game
  • Error pop-up when opening the map in the editor
  • Error pop-up when destroying a building (only occurs once, related to a missing smoke or destruction texture)
  • Game crashes sometimes when trying to preview the map in the editor
  • Graphical artifacting of terrain outside of the map (running All in ArmA fixed this I think)
  • Odd low resolution LODs of buildings in dense urban environments when there is AI on the ground
  • Some buildings will have a weird black texture on them when flying close to them (Related to memory leakage I think)
  • A single 100 meter grid would become totally transparent/invisible when flying a certain distance near it in the in-editor "Splendid Camera"
  • Water isn't real/physX simulated (I don't mind this though)
  • BIS ambient animal life that automatically spawns around the map can sometimes spawn partially in objects
  • AI can see through trees
  • Edges of mountains tend to morph as you get closer/further on any Terrain Quality settings
  • Roads don't exist! (AI do not recognize them and cannot be used for scripts that depend on finding roads, such as IED or civilian traffic scripts)

Some are these are probably obvious, but hopefully it helps whoever decides to look into fixing them. ;)

With all video settings maxed out, I was getting incredible frame-rates, even in dense forested or urban areas. Averaged out somewhere between 50 and 144 frames in an empty mission just flying around. Only issues I've found so far are:

[...]

Some are these are probably obvious, but hopefully it helps whoever decides to look into fixing them. ;)

One more to add is that some of the buildings despite being from OA are versions that have intentionally had interiors closed up. This is most noticeable in a lot of the more rural villages like those in the south.

One more to add is that some of the buildings despite being from OA are versions that have intentionally had interiors closed up. This is most noticeable in a lot of the more rural villages like those in the south.

Probably to increase performance and likely why it doesn't work with AiA. I'd wager they have different classnames.

Will this work in the init?

setviewdistance 32000;
setObjectViewDistance 32000;
setTerrainGrid 50;

I actually forgot there was those two other commands, I can't test them yet, but I will likely use them myself later.

As for those issues, I will look into what I can do, but all my modding knowledge is fairly limited.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Tinter;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Do these files include the Seattle map? (The ones from BIS not yours)

I'd like to see that in ARMA.

Yes, we need that.

I think running All in ArmA and running this map will "fix" some issues, such as adding the ArmA 2 versions of Takistan buildings with interiors to the map (Hits performance a bit) and fixes a graphical artifact caused in terrain outside map boundaries, but introduces the issues like black LOD textures sometimes.

Yes, we need that.

I already made a post regarding that.

I realize now that Seattle doesn't work quite as well.

http://i.imgur.com/xR4toHI.jpg

I don't really know what to do about this, but in this state I don't really want to spend time uploading it.

I think running All in ArmA and running this map will "fix" some issues, such as adding the ArmA 2 versions of Takistan buildings with interiors to the map (Hits performance a bit) and fixes a graphical artifact caused in terrain outside map boundaries, but introduces the issues like black LOD textures sometimes.

I'm running with AiA, I haven't actually tried without, but it won't use the buildings from AiA atleast. They're some specifically modified buildings to make them lower poly. So they have different classnames than the ones in AIA.

Where is the file that contains the 2D map of South Asia? I want to see if I can get the file to work with NodUnit and Franze's AH-64D Apache Longbow.

So, I've downloaded the map twice, and twice it's said that I can't unzip it with Winzip and 7-Zip tells me there's files missing in the compressed folder, and when I try to run it it just doesn't show up in the available maps for the editor. Also, both times I downloaded it said I had a ~6.3 gig file on my hands whereas the Armaholic page says it's 7.4 gigs. Am I just getting a corrupted/incomplete download file, or is it a problem with the map? I know I've had this problem before, where a bigass download like this gets messed up and misses some of its files.

So, I've downloaded the map twice, and twice it's said that I can't unzip it with Winzip and 7-Zip tells me there's files missing in the compressed folder, and when I try to run it it just doesn't show up in the available maps for the editor. Also, both times I downloaded it said I had a ~6.3 gig file on my hands whereas the Armaholic page says it's 7.4 gigs. Am I just getting a corrupted/incomplete download file, or is it a problem with the map? I know I've had this problem before, where a bigass download like this gets messed up and misses some of its files.

Sometimes ISPs are too smart and start messing with the traffic, try downloading from work or from a friend with other ISP

I got it working.

Now, the wait for the Seattle map begins!

Reading the entire thread is sometimes key to having your dreams fulfilled, friend.

Seattle is included, the needed files should be in archive 7-11 and some required us files in 2.

At the least, you can ignore 3-6 as those are the South Asia files.

This map could have been excellent for BVR fights, given how large it is, but such functionality is at least a decade away for Arma.. And another annoying thing is that AI likes to fly at below a thousand feet. Aerial fighting simply isn't fun in Arma, no real feel to the jets, poor visibility to identify targets visually, poor missile simulation etc. Attack helicopters on the other hand with proper crewing can be pretty engaging, even more so thanks to recent AFM implementation. Using buildings in Seattle as cover to flank AA fire can be fun, if only someone managed to fix those broken textures :(

Hi, I downloaded it with six updater so I haven´t any archives in the folder. How I can activate seattle anyhow?

I think he was saying that the Seattle files are located in the specific numbered torrent downloads that BIS released. BIS released the ToH pbos in a dozen large torrents you can download, numbering each torrent. Just download the ones numbered 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. The files for Seattle are NOT located in the addon posted in this thread.

This map could have been excellent for BVR fights, given how large it is, but such functionality is at least a decade away for Arma..
According to Myke at least in Arma 2 BVR was completely possible as far as the engine went -- it's just that all of Bohemia's jets throughout the series have been equipped with SRAAMs until Arma 3's A-143 Buzzard (AA) -- while eggbeast mentioned that "we have missiles that can lock and kill you at 10km+ in our mod."

Please note this map was scaled down by at least 50%. It is very noticeable by looking at the airfields' ground textures, specially the airfield near the main dam. Every thing were shrinked! And this map is considerably old as for today it is totally reasonable to have a map this size with higher detail, let alone in the future.

Would you be willing to scale this map up in a future update?

Just tried out this map, looks absolutely incredible with terrain detail up and view distance at 25k plus. This map is like a bridge between ARMA and flight sims in scale and fidelity, would love to see some ground/air operations done with it in multiplayer.

How feasible would adding water be? I assume it's mainly because a lot of the water bodies are at different altitudes but is there not a way around this?

On 5/22/2015 at 9:20 AM, pulstar said:

This map could have been excellent for BVR fights, given how large it is, but such functionality is at least a decade away for Arma.. And another annoying thing is that AI likes to fly at below a thousand feet. Aerial fighting simply isn't fun in Arma, no real feel to the jets, poor visibility to identify targets visually, poor missile simulation etc. Attack helicopters on the other hand with proper crewing can be pretty engaging, even more so thanks to recent AFM implementation. Using buildings in Seattle as cover to flank AA fire can be fun, if only someone managed to fix those broken textures :(

You can make AI fly at any altitude  *** heli1 flyInHeight 1500; *** or whatever the specific vehicle is named that you want to set its altitude. You can put this in the planes init and also have it change at waypoints.  Though I should make mention that once the landAt command is used the aircraft will return to default altitude of 100m before landing so I would make your last waypoint near whatever airport you are getting your plane to "landAt".