Sign in to follow this  
Muecke

Proman View For Vehicles

Proman View

I would like to share this little addon with you. I was not satisfied with the field of view while in vehicles.

I feel like my chin is glued to the steering wheel. As a soldier you can double press the minuskey on numpad.

This is helpfull if you are in buildings, but in vehicles this is not possible.

This addon just sets the head in the correct position.

You can see better out of your car seeing the mirrors, thats it. Less accidents and minimization of becoming a renegade.

It is still possible to zoom in if needed...

Serverkey is included.

Author(s):

-Muecke (Idea/configbase)

-Hauke T-800a (config A3)

-kju (supporting)

Download: HitMe

Edited by Muecke
  • Like 1

very cool !

but you missed a link for download it

Seems to give a bit of a fish-eye effect (makes the steering wheel appear oval rather than round), or is that just me?

Nice!

I made a forum post a month ago asking on assistance to remove the imo annoying zoom-out that happens when you accelerate a vehicle, I see this mod takes care of that as well..

I've used a FOV-changer in vehicles mod for ArmA 2 and now I get to use one in ArmA 3 ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Great, thank you!

Maybe you can improve it, by making user adjustable view angle ?

I want to make soldier first person view little bit more narrow (It to wide fore my taste) but in vehicle it's nice to have more wider angle of view like you did !

It also can be great to adjust view angle separately for vehicles, planes, soldier (1st person). It can be adjustable by config file or trough game menu like this addon: "CH View Distance" www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27454

Thank you anyway !

While this is sorta neat, I just want to inform you about a fallacy in how you feel

It's fine if you feel this is helping. But a higher fov reduces your ability to "process" as you are now shoving even more information in front of you.

Oddly, I'd use this tool to reduce my fov even more.... Lol. (I run a 45 fov while playing racing games x.x)

Nice :)

Will this be integrateable into other vehicles? Or is it a general Mod for all vehicles without implementation=

It changes the Inital FOV for the follwoing base classes:

MRAP_01_base_F
MRAP_02_base_F
MRAP_03_base_F
Kart_01_Base_F
Quadbike_01_base_F
Offroad_01_base_F
Hatchback_01_base_F
SUV_01_base_F
Van_01_base_F
Truck_01_base_F
Truck_02_base_F
Truck_03_base_F

So everything that inherits from those and doesn't change the pilot view will have those settings.

class MRAP_01_base_F: Car_F 
{
class ViewPilot: ViewPilot
{
	[b]initFov = 1.400000;[/b] // just changed this to the max. possible fov
	minFov = 0.250000;
	maxFov = 1.400000;
};
};

... really cheap and affordable...

uhhhmmm yeah ......

Great mod. Something I always needed but never knew it. But I do have a couple requests: can you store the changes in a user config, rather than the current method, so we can change these as we see fit? If I could set the init and max FOV just slightly lower, I think it'd be perfect. One other thing I'd like to see is a class name blacklist, so we can define specific vehicles that don't work all that well with the changes.

Great work, and thank you.