mdtorch

Question: How to land a jet and taxi it to defined waypoints

Hey guys,

here is what I wanna do:

1. Spawn a Jet with Crew

2. Land it on a defined airfield

3. Let it taxi to defined waypoints (immediately after it left the runway)

4. Let him STOP and wait for further instructions (scripts) at the last defined waypoint

Here is what I came up with:

this addAction ["<t color='#FFFF00'>Reinforcements</t>", {_molosc17 = createVehicle ["USAF_C17", getMarkerPos "spawnmolos", [], 0, "FLY"];

createVehicleCrew (_molosc17); _molosc17 landAt 4; _molosc17 addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "moloshaltpos", 0];}];

1. works

2. works

3. doesn't work

4. ???

What my plane does is, land on the runway, taxi around the airfield, don't give a shit about my waypoint, taxi to the runway, and take off again.

Can someone help me with this one pls?

Thx a lot guys

You can't give planes waypoints on the ground, the only movement for planes on ground is defined per map with TaxiIn and TaxiOut definitions in the airfield config entry.

If a plane is on the ground it will try to move towards the nearest TaxiOut location and take off from there.

The best you can do is setFuel to 0 when the plane leaves the runway.

Can anyone think of a workaround to simulate taxiing to a certain position?

Maybe attachTo an invisible object and setting velocity and direction?

The best you can do is setFuel to 0 when the plane leaves the runway.

Can anyone think of a workaround to simulate taxiing to a certain position?

Maybe attachTo an invisible object and setting velocity and direction?

You got it. Attach it to an invisible atv or something, then give the ATV the waypoint until its at the location you want.

You can't give planes waypoints on the ground, the only movement for planes on ground is defined per map with TaxiIn and TaxiOut definitions in the airfield config entry.

If a plane is on the ground it will try to move towards the nearest TaxiOut location and take off from there.

I'm new, i know this is an old post, please be gentle.  I started working on this yesterday before I started looking through the forums for help.  Is there a way to cancel (via scripting) that default function that causes the a/c to stick to that path?  Thanks for reading.