Sign in to follow this  
doubleblind

Why Won't My Dialog Open?

I'm trying to open a child dialog from a parent using the 'action' parameter in an RscButton class. However, whenever I click on the button nothing happens. The child class is defined as:

class RecruitUnit
{
blah blah blah controls blah
};

and my button class is:

class Reserves_Button_RecruitUnit: RscButton
	{
		idc = 1602;
		text = "Recruit Unit"; //--- ToDo: Localize;
		x = 0.216491 * safezoneW + safezoneX;
		y = 0.533012 * safezoneH + safezoneY;
		w = 0.0773206 * safezoneW;
		h = 0.0770283 * safezoneH;
		sizeEx = 1 * GUI_GRID_H;
		action = "_handle = createDialog 'RecruitUnit'";
	};

Any idea where the problem is?

I've tried using that, cutting off the _handle = doesn't help and changing the single quotation marks to double quotation marks doesn't do much either. I'm pretty much stymied here.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Problem resolved, somehow closing ArmA and restarting it did the trick. Didn't need to change anything else. I have no idea what happened, but at least it's working now.

I do so already, I mean I closed the game when I left the house earlier (dialog not working) and when I came back and opened ArmA again it worked. My last try before leaving was after a reload. I have no idea why that might have helped.

If you don't do it yet, run your Arma 3 with startup parameter "-showScriptErrors" and see if some script errors pop up when you open the dialogue containing the button or when you click that button.

Working with Dialogs you have to reload the mission everytime you make a change.

Or you can just hit save, little quicker.

Heeeere's Johnny!: I already run it with that parameter, but nothing appeared. I'm chalking the problem and, in a way, solution up to ArmA weirdness. I'm really curious to find out why closing and reopening the game fixed this problem with literally zero changes to anything.