Sign in to follow this  
jc_

Analog collective and X55 Throttle

Seems like the x55 throttle only actuates the collective within the 0.5-1.0 range.

Since this particular throttle lacks a centering position, a remap of the actuation range would have to make 0 collective actually correspond to 0 on the throttle and not 0.5 as it currently does.

Have searched high and low for solutions to this and found a makeshift one involving PPJoy and GlovePIE scripting which isn't by far a satisfactory solution even tho it does work.

Elite Dangerous control setup actually allow you to chose your analog throttle control mode by giving the user an option to define it as a throttle with a centering click or one without. Very convenient. Wish BI would do the same.

Any thoughts on this issue?

Edited by JC_
speeling

Make sure you move the throttle in both ways (+/-) when assigning the axis to collective up/down. After you got it working 0.0-1.0 spend some time and play around with the slider in controller setup to find the best response. My experience is that it can be a bit tricky to find the sweet spot but I have mine working pretty well now.

Also see this thread if above doesn't help...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189431-Joystick-Configuration

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Had the same problem with my X55. Do as poster above has suggests.

I decoupled the throttle during mapping (split it in two and just bound the right one) and mapped just the collective raise (analogue) with -Y (at the top) and +Y (at the bottom).

Clear out collective lower (analogue) . After that just lock the throttle together again.

See if this helps on more fine grained throttle control.

X55 works with the analog collective in arma, bad calibration gave me same symptoms as you, I narrowed it down to the power in the usb ports not being sufficient so I moved them to separately powered usb ports and switched the silly led's off and its never skipped a beat since. Don't know why you would want a throttle to click at 50% though it would just annoy me ;-)

Edited by Slim_Pikins