Kolmain

(Co30) Evolution-A3

I played the mission with my clan this week, very funny but still full of bug and gameplay bug.

- MHQ disappear in less then a minute

- Impossible to have a logistic system, once you have finished your ammo you need to die go back to HQ base then find a way back.

- We try Halo jump after 2 hours of play, not working (of stopped working)

- Some player could not save in virtual arsenal

- Some player could not get GPS and Radio, I gave him then take them back for me in virtual arsenal

- No vehicle respawn? A feature or a bug?

- FARP don't have virtual arsenal

- FARP and MASH are virtually the same (they are advanced respawn points)

- Some player left the mission because had low FPS (less then 10), other players had low fps too sometime but average was 15 FPS.

- Resupply for vehicle and aircraft in HQ base give the message but don't refill anything

- Some players were in their underware, some after a while got the uniform back, I think because of the low FPS.

- When the city is taken? After every single man is killed? You need the officer killed or removeed from city?

- Officer taken hostage by a player disappeared immediately (the officer)

- Where do you need to take the officer? Anyone can take the officer as Hostage?

- Enemy killed disappear instantly

We played latest 1.1 from github with these settings:

18770333379_820a4d6365_b.jpgEVO parameters by Dumedo, on Flickr

We use latest Task Force Radio 0.9.8 and CBA 1.1.22.etc rc7 Hotfix (needed for TFAR)

Edited by DuM3D0

Sorry I've been dark for awhile, just got back from E3 and my comp was borked. Fixed and will resume work after some sleep :D

I played the mission with my clan this week, very funny but still full of bug and gameplay bug.

- MHQ disappear in less then a minute

- Impossible to have a logistic system, once you have finished your ammo you need to die go back to HQ base then find a way back.

- We try Halo jump after 2 hours of play, not working (of stopped working)

- Some player could not save in virtual arsenal

- Some player could not get GPS and Radio, I gave him then take them back for me in virtual arsenal

- No vehicle respawn? A feature or a bug?

- FARP don't have virtual arsenal

- FARP and MASH are virtually the same (they are advanced respawn points)

- Some player left the mission because had low FPS (less then 10), other players had low fps too sometime but average was 15 FPS.

- Resupply for vehicle and aircraft in HQ base give the message but don't refill anything

- Some players were in their underware, some after a while got the uniform back, I think because of the low FPS.

- When the city is taken? After every single man is killed? You need the officer killed or removeed from city?

- Officer taken hostage by a player disappeared immediately (the officer)

- Where do you need to take the officer? Anyone can take the officer as Hostage?

- Enemy killed disappear instantly

We played latest 1.1 from github with these settings:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/323/18770333379_820a4d6365_b.jpgEVO parameters by Dumedo, on Flickr

We use latest Task Force Radio 0.9.8 and CBA 1.1.22.etc rc7 Hotfix (needed for TFAR)

I'm aware and working on the MHQ disappearing.

Logistics isn't implemented yet, but will be for 1.2.

I've heard HALO stops working, no idea why. Was it after a promotion? Do you still have the action?

Not being able to save VA loadouts is a BIS bug AFAIK.

Vehicles respawn where they were destroyed as a "wreck", which you'll need to rearm, refuel, and repair.

MASHs heal units, FARPs repair/rearm/refuel.

Not much I can do for FPS, its fine for me, my server, and my headless client.

So vehicles aren't resupplying at HQ?

Sounds like intense server lag.

The city is taken when you destroy the radio tower, and eliminate the majority of OPFOR. The officer is optional. He will escape if you cap the AO without capturing him first.

The officer disappears when captured?

I'm aware of the instant delete and am working to resolve it in 1.2.

Thanks for the details!

So vehicles aren't resupplying at HQ?

Haven't tested personally, but my clanmates said there was no resupply, is there a particular location were you can resupply at base (for elicopters of ariplanes)

The city is taken when you destroy the radio tower, and eliminate the majority of OPFOR. The officer is optional. He will escape if you cap the AO without capturing him first.

We did eliminate the majority of OPFOR on second city but city was not taken, we were 5 at the end of second city so we stopped searching for other enemy

The officer disappears when captured?

yes, officer was under my command but my clanmate used the capture option on him and the officer disappeared (on first city)

Haven't tested personally, but my clanmates said there was no resupply, is there a particular location were you can resupply at base (for elicopters of ariplanes)

We did eliminate the majority of OPFOR on second city but city was not taken, we were 5 at the end of second city so we stopped searching for other enemy

yes, officer was under my command but my clanmate used the capture option on him and the officer disappeared (on first city)

Thanks for clarifying. For testing and playability purposes I'm going to add Sector colors to the main AO's, so that grid squares with OPFOR are marked red.

- One of my clanmates has a suggestion, he would like to have the possibility to select by parameters to play only side missions. In this case you could play evolution with 4/5 players. I think there was something similar in the old A2 version.

- I still don't understand what are the big red arrows on the maps.

- I checked the server cpu load during last session on your mission, and the CPU was ok, got 30% load or less.

Tnx.

PS: We'll try to setup an headless server.

Edited by DuM3D0

- One of my clanmates has a suggestion, he would like to have the possibility to select by parameters to play only side missions. In this case you could play evolution with 4/5 players. I think there was something similar in the old A2 version.

- I still don't understand what are the big red arrows on the maps.

- I checked the server cpu load during last session on your mission, and the CPU was ok, got 30% load or less.

Tnx.

PS: We'll try to setup an headless server.

I'll look into the side mission only parameter.

What big red arrows?

That cpu load is okay, but the AI may be bottlenecking. Check performance with a HC.

What big red arrows?

I'll do a screenshot next time we play.

I'm going to build up 1.2 and release it tonight. Here's the changelog as of now (10am EST). Does anyone have anything else to report before I publish?

- [NEW] Recruited AI now send earned points to player leader. - [NEW] Support assets now send earned points to calling player.

- [NEW] Support Assets: UAV, UGV, Supply drop.

- [NEW] OPFOR now has random emplacements across AO.

- [NEW] Added hints for support assets upon unlock.

- [NEW] Players auto-report and spot OPFOR radio tower and officer. Task positions update globally.

- [NEW] Mission parameter to mark active OPFOR sectors on map.

- [bUGFIX] OPFOR mines don't spawn on top of each other anymore.

- [bUGFIX] OPFOR infantry no longer auto-delete after being killed.

- [bUGFIX] FARPs/MASHs now have a working arsenal loadout box.

- [bUGFIX] MHQ does not disappear anymore.

- [bUGFIX] Support assets now correctly fire at targets in dedicated environments.

- [bUGFIX] OPFOR Officer cannot be "captured" after he already is captured.

- [bUGFIX] Fixed officer KIA notification (error: no unit).

- [CHANGE] MHQ now respawns like all other assets, wrecked in field, but is unusable until repaired.

- [CHANGE] Available equipment at FARPs/MASHs are limited to owner's rank, not individual player.

- [CHANGE] Player FARP/MASH crate updates on owner's respawn.

- [CHANGE] Players cannot utilize MHQ when it is in need of repairs.

- [CHANGE] Players can teleport back to HQ from the MHQ.

- [CHANGE] Number of AO's can be set to 0 (side missions only).

- [CHANGE] Temporarily disabled HitFX due to sound include bug.

- [CHANGE] Support requests now open map and request coordinates - no more bombing yourself!

- [CHANGE] Moved player map markers to onEachFrame instead of loop, performance impact? +/-?

Will load er up an give a wirl :D

Thanks Call.

I put off the release because I had an idea for addon-less mission persistence. This will enable servers to continue from the last cleared AO upon a server crash/restart. So far it will load the next target AO and all player scores from the last AO.

Nice just tested for a cpl hrs last night b4 I got flooded out of my basement an had to move my PC to dryer area, nothing like 4 inches of rain to ruin a game session 8( Nice new support options though I still hav'nt gotten any of the supports to work. Not sure if maybe I'm doin em wrong or what but so far none appear as I figure you intended em too. The script appears to run thru the sequence fine but none of the supports actually arrive. Tried Arty/Mortor, Ammo crate,UGV,Rocket.

We did a testrun on 1.2beta and I wrote down a few notes:

- Whenever you call in any support your player stands up, can be a problem when trying to hide from enemy fire in a ditch...

- All support except ammodrops seems to work, are we doing ammodrops wrong? press 0-8-X and expect a map to show up for a location mouseclick?

- We cleared out the first two towns and got objective complete notifications. When we got to the third town we got a chat message about "objects located, map updated..." but the tasklist still showed town#2 completed objectives (http://i.imgur.com/XTdVEQZ.jpg). We blew the radiotower in town #3 but no notifications, mission seems to be stuck waiting for something (http://i.imgur.com/O4suDXF.jpg).

- Would it be possible to move the notifications for new available support? It creates a bit of a problem when in the middle of a firefight and your view/crosshair is blocked by a message (http://i.imgur.com/3j6tYx2.jpg)

Edited by Watarimono

We did a testrun on 1.2beta and I wrote down a few notes:

- Whenever you call in any support your player stands up, can be a problem when trying to hide from enemy fire in a ditch...

- All support except ammodrops seems to work, are we doing ammodrops wrong? press 0-8-X and expect a map to show up for a location mouseclick?

- We cleared out the first two towns and got objective complete notifications. When we got to the third town we got a chat message about "objects located, map updated..." but the tasklist still showed town#2 completed objectives (http://i.imgur.com/XTdVEQZ.jpg). We blew the radiotower in town #3 but no notifications, mission seems to be stuck waiting for something (http://i.imgur.com/O4suDXF.jpg).

- Would it be possible to move the notifications for new available support? It creates a bit of a problem when in the middle of a firefight and your view/crosshair is blocked by a message (http://i.imgur.com/3j6tYx2.jpg)

Thanks Watarimono,

I'm aware of the gesture, its an error I'm working on resolving before 1.2.

I fixed all support issues, but were you hosting or on a dedicated server?

Interesting about the third town, will test today.

You can move where notifications show up in your arma 3 settings. :)

Thanks Watarimono,

I'm aware of the gesture, its an error I'm working on resolving before 1.2.

I fixed all support issues, but were you hosting or on a dedicated server?

Interesting about the third town, will test today.

You can move where notifications show up in your arma 3 settings. :)

Using a dedicated server

Lol, missed that about the notifications... thx

Here's 1.2! Happy hunting everyone, hope you enjoy the new persistent feature!

- [NEW] Time multiplier parameter, accelerate time to play in all scenarios! - [NEW] Support Assets: UAV, UGV.

- [NEW] OPFOR now has random emplacements across AO.

- [NEW] OPFOR may have snipers in/around AO.

- [NEW] Added hints for support assets upon unlock.

- [NEW] Players auto-report and spot OPFOR radio tower and officer. Task positions update globally.

- [NEW] Mission parameter to mark active OPFOR sectors on map.

- [NEW] Mission persistence: addon-less mission saving saves scores and completed AO's to server profile.

- [NEW] Added TPW Radio, Air, Boats, and Cars.

- [bUGFIX] OPFOR mines don't spawn on top of each other anymore.

- [bUGFIX] OPFOR infantry no longer auto-delete after being killed.

- [bUGFIX] FARPs/MASHs now have a working arsenal loadout box.

- [bUGFIX] MHQ does not disappear anymore.

- [bUGFIX] Support assets now correctly fire at targets in dedicated environments.

- [bUGFIX] OPFOR Officer cannot be "captured" after he already is captured.

- [bUGFIX] Fixed officer KIA notification (error: no unit).

- [bUGFIX] AT Mines on roads go in general directions of road now, not across them.

- [CHANGE] MHQ now respawns like all other assets, wrecked in field, but is unusable until repaired.

- [CHANGE] Available equipment at FARPs/MASHs are limited to owner's rank, not individual player.

- [CHANGE] Player FARP/MASH crate updates on owner's respawn.

- [CHANGE] Players cannot utilize MHQ when it is in need of repairs.

- [CHANGE] Players can teleport back to HQ from the MHQ.

- [CHANGE] Number of AO's can be set to 0 (side missions only).

- [CHANGE] Temporarily disabled HitFX due to sound include bug.

- [CHANGE] Support requests now open map and request coordinates - no more bombing yourself!

- [CHANGE] Moved player map markers to onEachFrame instead of loop, performance impact? +/-?

- [CHANGE] Increased max number of possible minefields.

- [CHANGE] OPFOR now have their own mines "revealed" to them, so they shouldn't walk on them!

- [CHANGE] Init.sqf now has arrays of units, change them to change the OPFOR faction and/or use mods.

Releases section.

Download me from GitHub!

Another testrun with 1.2:

- Takes alot longer to start the mission, but once running it works fine.

- Now we get tasks for town #3 and onwards.

- Maybe add the the air vehicles in fn_initTarget.sqf to the arrays in init.sqf as well, will be easier to port to other addons.

Really fun mission :)

Another testrun with 1.2:

- Takes alot longer to start the mission, but once running it works fine.

- Now we get tasks for town #3 and onwards.

- Maybe add the the air vehicles in fn_initTarget.sqf to the arrays in init.sqf as well, will be easier to port to other addons.

Really fun mission :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll add that in!

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Just patched a hotfix, should significantly lower load times.

https://github.com/Kolmain/Evolution-A3/releases

• [NEW] AO's completed from past session get BLUFOR marker.
  • [bUGFIX] Mission no longer gets stuck in error loop.
  • [CHANGE] Removed OPFOR snipers until I find alternative to broken BIS_fnc_Overwatch.
  • [CHANGE] Added OPFOR CAS to INIT arrays for customization/mod usage.

why is the base getting attacked by jets and helis as soon as the missions is loaded?

that's a collateral effect of first objective being very close from nato base .

congrats kolmain with your mission. i played it 3 hours straight , i notice few thing :

- Ai pathfinding is crappy in base, probably because all these vehicle are close from eachother. we could maybe place them all over the airfield ? sparse them a little bit , ai will be able to get in vehicle without workaround.

- no recon soldiers choice in recruitement menu . it would be convenient to have them for night ops , saying, at the 3rd grade.

i tried to add them in static list but that doesnt works this way . so i give you the string i tested:

bon_recruit_recruitableunits = ["B_Soldier_F","B_G_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_soldier_AR_F","B_G_Soldier_AR_F","B_soldier_M_F","B_G_Sharpshooter_F","B_soldier_LAT_F","B_medic_F","B_G_medic_F","B_soldier_repair_F","B_soldier_exp_F","B_G_Soldier_exp_F""B_Helipilot_F","B_engineer_F","B_soldier_AT_F","B_G_Soldier_LAT_F","B_soldier_AA_F","B_helicrew_F","B_recon_F","B_recon_LAT_F","B_recon_exp_F","B_recon_medic_F","B_recon_M_F","B_spotter_F","B_sniper_F","B_Recon_Sharpshooter_F"];

that gives reco and ...nato guerrila units. 'cause i like what they look like!

- Ai recruit never really run . (speedmode not set correctly?)

- nato vehicle respawn when it should not . i get out of my car, and it disappears ! i'm sure it respawned at nato base. it happens in a matter of seconde.

- Arty , rocket , and mortar support dont work , but CAS works

Edited by griffz

Sorry for going dark everyone! I've graduated and needed to get that out of the way  :lol:

I'll be resuming work on this mission, starting by a code rewrite for OPFOR forces. With the new SRA mod, I'm hoping to revive the original Evo as well for A3! Post suggestions or feature requests here!

Sorry for going dark everyone! I've graduated and needed to get that out of the way  :lol:

I'll be resuming work on this mission, starting by a code rewrite for OPFOR forces. With the new SRA mod, I'm hoping to revive the original Evo as well for A3! Post suggestions or feature requests here!

Hello sir,

Thank you so much for this, Evolution was my first mission played on Arma and is still my favorite one I have played. The coop online was so fun we had such great night on Arma with them.

As suggestions for this mission I would like to know if you could add some mods support or island supports like (RHS and Sarahni for map supports) returning to this would be perfect thank you again.