Jump to content
SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Recommended Posts

I have had really much fun with this mod and looking forward to any future updates. :)    However I can't understand how little respect some people have for IP and modders rights. I have battled guys on reddit who legitimatly thought BI should force modders to release their content as open source no matter what, it's just mind blowing. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, its so nice to see people helping out by reporting IP violations, and its wonderful seeing this mod getting some love, anyways, i have a few questions on the armament in the mod, bombs more specifically. I just played through World in Conflict, and i found myself loving the "Daisycutter" bomb. Will it be included in the mod? 

 

Next question: Will the vehicles be "pylon friendly"?

 

lastly, will stealth work? i dont know if ArmA 3 has the means, but it would be cool to see a nighthawk have some sort of stealth mechanic. Anyways, hope you guys make some good progress, despite you guys not having much time, thanks for your dedication !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-01-23 at 10:29 AM, PotionSeller said:

First off, its so nice to see people helping out by reporting IP violations, and its wonderful seeing this mod getting some love, anyways, i have a few questions on the armament in the mod, bombs more specifically. I just played through World in Conflict, and i found myself loving the "Daisycutter" bomb. Will it be included in the mod? 

 

Next question: Will the vehicles be "pylon friendly"?

 

lastly, will stealth work? i dont know if ArmA 3 has the means, but it would be cool to see a nighthawk have some sort of stealth mechanic. Anyways, hope you guys make some good progress, despite you guys not having much time, thanks for your dedication !

 

As far as I know, and please note I am not a developer of this mod, just someone who has been watching the thread for a good few years, I believe, that ”vanilla” ARMA 3 pylon integration has been confirmed.

”Stealth” by ARMA 3 standards introduced with the Jets DLC will also be included as far as I know. 

Regarding the Daisycutter, I doubt USAF takes requests, but there is currently a GBU-43/B included as of the last release that can be used. However, considering the entire mod has been overhauled since then, it’s not a garantee that it will be included in the final release version. However, I’m sure a developer who knows what they’re talking about could shed a lot more light on that if they are willing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say "I doubt USAF takes requests....", do you mean the real USAF, or do you mean the team? T

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2018 at 4:03 PM, FlyingVolvo said:

 

As far as I know, and please note I am not a developer of this mod, just someone who has been watching the thread for a good few years, I believe, that ”vanilla” ARMA 3 pylon integration has been confirmed.

”Stealth” by ARMA 3 standards introduced with the Jets DLC will also be included as far as I know. 

Regarding the Daisycutter, I doubt USAF takes requests, but there is currently a GBU-43/B included as of the last release that can be used. However, considering the entire mod has been overhauled since then, it’s not a garantee that it will be included in the final release version. However, I’m sure a developer who knows what they’re talking about could shed a lot more light on that if they are willing.

 

Thabks for handeling that brother. As Volvo stated we do not take requests anymore. We are though constantly looking at the evolution of munitions and such and will continue to update the missilebox. To answer your question though the daisy cutter will not be in due to its era for one. I actually had to go look it up. The MOAB makes that bomb look like a child and it will continue to be in this mod. As Volvo stated vanilla pylon integration has already been added to our planes. Stealth we are working with the vanilla parameters to make stealth more stealth I guess you would say lol. We have introduced a different versions of birds for that matter for Example the F22 comes in a stealth version, a pylon version and a version I’ll post a pic about tomm. Based on the version you pick it’s signature will be bigger or smaller if that makes sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, robert31178 said:

When you say "I doubt USAF takes requests....", do you mean the real USAF, or do you mean the team? T

:dozingoff: really? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don’t send me messages asking for updates. I’ll do one of two things: put you on blast on this thread for violation of forum rules and let the moderators deal with you or you will get a nasty response from me. I’m trying to be nicer now a days.

 

Also do not ask me tomm for permission to host the USAF mod on steam. The answer will always be NO! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are the AGM88s suppose to be used? They don’t seem to lock on to anything. So far I’ve tested them against the new vanilla CIWS and some of POOK’s SAMs. Am I doing something wrong?

 

20 hours ago, SGT Fuller said:

We are though constantly looking at the evolution of munitions and such and will continue to update the missilebox.  

I’m dreaming of an F22 with the Scorpion HMCS. Don’t need to respond to this bit, although it would be hilarious if the mod team integrates it before the actual USAF does (trying to for past 5 years but sequestion budget cuts and all).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, cry me a river said:

How are the AGM88s suppose to be used? They don’t seem to lock on to anything. So far I’ve tested them against the new vanilla CIWS and some of POOK’s SAMs. Am I doing something wrong?

 

The currently released version was way before Jets sensors were a thing, so locking issues don't surprise me. Of course that will all function correctly in the update. 

 

On 1/29/2018 at 12:23 PM, cry me a river said:

I’m dreaming of an F22 with the Scorpion HMCS.

 

Me too man. This is high on my list of stuff to try.

 

Speaking of the F-22, I wanted to give a quick progress update, since I'm more or less done with the external phase of the overhaul. In the "new" category are specularity mapping, ambient shading, PhysX suspension, new canopy mesh and materials with orange and dark options, and corrected exterior illumination. There have been more minor fixes and improvements than I can remember to the model and basically every material.

 

vVjvHY.png

 

gHXxEW.png

 

Xhn601.png

 

The new variant we've been working on is an EWP variant, which mounts two external weapon pods for expanded offensive capacity without majorly compromising stealth capability, as conventional hardpoints would. They of course close up when the weapon is not selected, just realized both shots show them open.

 

2jmrU0.png

 

aaoKym.png

 

 

 

I'm moving into the cockpit now to implement the new hud animations, so there's still quite a bit of work to do. I'll try to post more regular updates on the twitter, so keep an eye on that.

Edited by raynor_d
Fix image links
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, raynor_d said:

 

 

My eyes suck so forgive me if I’m wrong but are those 12 SBDs in the weapons bay? I believe the maximum capacity is 8 plus 2 AMRAAMs in the main weapons bays as only the middle four AMRAAMs can be replaced with bomb racks. They also look like the CUDA and MSDS currently in early development, if not don’t consider this a request but rather food for thought. the first is a highly maneuverable missile, that’s much smaller than an AIM120 but with almost the same range and the latter is a self defense munition that shoots down incoming missiles, both use hit-to-kill technology without an explosive warhead; what appears to be a highly maneuverable terminal kill vehicle with a booster stage is being developed as the LREW, the replacement for the AMRAAM.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/new-long-range-missile-project-emerges-in-us-budget-442816/

 

I’m just bringing this up because you already seem to be able to stuff a bunch of miniturized munitions into the F22 so maybe in the future when these weapons are integrated IRL they will be on the drawing board. Seriously good work guys.

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cry me a river said:

My eyes suck so forgive me if I’m wrong but are those 12 SBDs in the weapons bay?

 

Yeah, the angle and lighting in that shot make it hard to see. That is in fact 4x GBU-39s and 1x AIM-120 in each of the main bays. Thanks for the info, I'll check if we have any plans for those systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That F22 is looks sick, keep up the great work! judging by the way this mod is shaping up, this is going to be a HUGE release once it drops, cant wait! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, raynor_d said:

 

Yeah, the angle and lighting in that shot make it hard to see. That is in fact 4x GBU-39s and 1x AIM-120 in each of the main bays. Thanks for the info, I'll check if we have any plans for those systems.

I’m not concrete on the forum rules so if this violates them please let me know: I’d just like to ask if those external pods can carry the AIM9X sidewinder. My biggest pet peeve with the Raptor is that it can only carry 2 heatseekers, which work very well in close quarters since you guys model the high-off-bore-sight capability pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2018 at 4:52 PM, SGT Fuller said:

:dozingoff: really? 

Yes, really. I was going to respond in support of you had the author of that post meant you guys since you had talked to me about stuff I liked with the HH-60G portion of your mod, and that you said you would keep my comments in mid for the update. It would seem from my experience that you guys do take requests, in a way, making that post - his post - unfair a little. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that is one goddamned sexy F-22 if I ever saw one. Love the fact that you added the misslepods aswell. Great work. 

Its really good to see progress pics aswell, keep them coming ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That F-22 is honestly the best-looking airplane model I have ever seen in Arma. Please keep the pictures coming :eyeheart:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robert31178 said:

Yes, really. I was going to respond in support of you had the author of that post meant you guys since you had talked to me about stuff I liked with the HH-60G portion of your mod, and that you said you would keep my comments in mid for the update. It would seem from my experience that you guys do take requests, in a way, making that post - his post - unfair a little. 

 

Calm down i was just joking. Wait until you see the HH60..who was listening :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will the new F22 have a higher top speed in keeping with the actual aircraft? according to the wiki for the F22 it has a top speed at altitude of 2400+ kph where I can only get about 1000-1100 kph at about 30,000 ft (9,000m ish)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×