SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

I rarely visit this thread , the only thing your read nowadays are about people uploading USAF content without permission.  I will check back here again in a few months hopefully with more interesting reading.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, nikiforos said:

I rarely visit this thread , the only thing your read nowadays are about people uploading USAF content without permission.  I will check back here again in a few months hopefully with more interesting reading.

Thanks for this very useful information! You don't have to come back!

• Haha 6

Anyone have a working Hotfix V0.5.2 link? only Hotfix V0.5.3 works and it does not contain from what i can tell the .2 fixes.

I think I found a full one... nvm thanks!

Edited by sniper pilot
Resolved...

We've been quiet but work has continued. Excited to share some shots of the new cockpit huds, courtesy of the incredible RiverX!

LsJvEzw.jpg

8EyEKyG.jpg

RULBV9w.jpg

qfFMYgo.jpg

Can't wait to get these in the air myself!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Whenever the update is finally released, will you keep working on more additions and updates? Or are you going to take a well deserved break?

What's the Shrieker? I can see it in the head down displays in the F35 in the images you posted. Also, has the dev team ever considered adjusting the lock on mechanism? I'm speaking specifically of the lock on time and audible tones. For example the AIM120 AMRAAMs do not have any tone what so ever since it is just a case of selecting a target on the radar. The AIM9 sidewinder has a growling tone which becomes louder and higher pitched once it has found a target. The lock on times for both of these missiles should be nearly zero as a missile seeker does not need to stare at a target for 2 seconds before deciding it can lock on.  DCS world does a pretty good job of modelling this. Go to 5:00 for the first video and 5:50 for the second video.

• Thanks 1

one word. game balance.

wait that was two ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know this has been asked a lot and you guys are probably sick of this question at this point but will this mod be on the steam workshop if so like what would be the chances of a rough time window? don't mean to be pushy sorry if it comes off that way lol

Go back and read the thread. It has been stated over 200 times at least by myself and my team. As far as a window I’ll say it like this. “It’ll be released when it’s ready” I hope I answered your question 

• Like 4

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎14 at 8:36 PM, Lala14 said:

one word. game balance.

wait that was two ...

will one or two seconds and some changed sound effects really affect game balance? Besides the vanilla F181 already has near instantaneous lock on speeds. 

Downloaded the mod for the first time today (why I waited so long I don't know..), all I can say is, what a fantastic mod! Really enjoyed the planes, good quality stuff. Only thing I'll say, is there a plan to give any more love to the HH-60's? I'm a massive fan of all things USAF pararescue and this is the first mod I've found with a unique model for it. I understand if it's a no, but I'd be willing to help out with it in any way possible!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Flinty said:

Downloaded the mod for the first time today (why I waited so long I don't know..), all I can say is, what a fantastic mod! Really enjoyed the planes, good quality stuff. Only thing I'll say, is there a plan to give any more love to the HH-60's? I'm a massive fan of all things USAF pararescue and this is the first mod I've found with a unique model for it. I understand if it's a no, but I'd be willing to help out with it in any way possible!

Hey, yes the HH-60G has been given love, so have all the other AFSOC assets btw. Sadly they are just sitting around as no one is able to texture and UV map them. If you have any skill in that please let me know in PM :)

Also glad to hear you enjoy it!!

• Like 3

I'm loving this mod so far. My favorite being the autopilot Ac-130. That being said, it was mentioned before that the new physics in Arma 3 cause it to bounce and you can't get it off the ground into the air.

I know it's been said a hundred times it'll be updated when it gets updated. I understand that fully. But until then, is there some method or way of getting it into the air and being able to utilize it otherwise? I've tried putting AI into it with Zeus and just taking control, but it doesn't allow Zeus controlled AI to access the autopilot features.

If there are no methods, that's fine too. That feature alone is well worth the wait and constant checking until the update is release. :)

You can spawn planes and such to start the mission in air, with the engines running in Eden Editor. Just set the altitude to anything above 20m (I think?) and it will work just fine. 

That should help, provided I understood your question fully 

1 hour ago, Flinty said:

You can spawn planes and such to start the mission in air, with the engines running in Eden Editor. Just set the altitude to anything above 20m (I think?) and it will work just fine. 

That should help, provided I understood your question fully 

I honestly didn't even think of that.

In the meantime, I came up with a convoluted, yet working, way of doing it in game with Zeus. Basically made a makeshift runway about 1000m in the air out of buildings, used Achilles addon for Zeus to make plane invincible, move plane up there, then get yourself up there and fly it off the top.

Convoluted, but works well if you're already in a Zeus mission and friendlies request special air support and you want to amaze them.

You can also use zeus to spawn units in the air, when they spawn they will be on the ground, then just drag them in the air and they will fly (using left alt and left click default bindings).

• Like 1

Remember that all reupload reports should be PM’d to the team so we don’t clog the thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel160 said:

get ya hammer ready team, got another group who loves you're content so much, they decided to rip it apart and upload it to steam

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386193

good hunting

As said by @FallujahMedic -FM-earlier in this thread, please don't post these links in the thread, but PM the thread owner.