SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Be patient everyone. These guys have real lives just like normal people. Some are even serving in the military for real. Time is devoted to actual responsibility. This stuff is simply a hobby during downtime.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29.08.2016 at 12:43 AM, SGT Fuller said:

Hacked data..WTH please if you can find anymore on this please let me know..and if anyone else is getting anything on this please let post

On 17.09.2016 at 5:11 PM, DerChaot said:

Everytime I start my ArmA 3 server with USAF (with or without my other addons) and I want to connect with my client it says "You have been removed from the game/server"

I use bikey´s of every addon including USAF.

It does not work even if I only use -mod=@CBA_A3;@USAF.

My rpt : http://pastebin.com/Y90UmPbk

If I forgot anything you might need tell me.

But I already know it does not have anything to do with my other addons.

I used the Armaholic and Mediafire version.

PS: Last time I used this addon (3 months ago) everything worked and I did not change or update any of the other addons.

Maybe I forgot something while troubleshooting but trust me I wrote to you after I did everything I thought about

On 18.09.2016 at 5:01 PM, Devastator_cm said:

I downloaded it from armaholic. Inside server.cfg there is a line 

onHackedData =  "kick (_this select 0)";  

When I comment this out I am not kicked but cannot join with another reason. I wrote it somewhere in this topic actually

On 18.09.2016 at 5:07 PM, hcpookie said:

Those things are game-related and not mod-related.

It sounds to me like your download is either incomplete or corrupted (aka didn't download correctly).  This seems to happen more and more to people, especially with larger downloads.  The CUP discussions regularly have the same kinds of questions when people download from Steam or other means.

I would re-download everything again, and from a different source.  Armaholic downloads always work for me.  Also Play With Six downloads have never failed for me.

Above messages are pretty old ones but I think I finally found the reason :))
I have my own mod and one day after I finished a new release and wanted to test it in my server, I started to get kicked automatically. I tried to adjust the onHackedData =  "kick (_this select 0)";   setting which caused the error message changed. So again the server thought the mod is hacked one. As the mod was mine I could start testing to find the reason. After some checks, I ended up with DSUtils as I wanted to re-sign the mod but before doing it I wanted to verify the current PBO signatures and it appeared that some PBOs got signature mismatch somehow. They got corrupted no idea how and why. After I fix those specific ones the problem disappeared and I could connect to server again.

I beleive USAF has the same issue with some PBO files. Some servers are ultra sensitive to this issue as far as I see because the corrupted mod of mine was able run on other people's server without an issue. Can you guys maybe make a small signature check to see if all PBOs are still valid for the files coming from Workshop and/or Armaholic as both sources giving me same issue when I want to play with USAF Mod?

3 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Above messages are pretty old ones but I think I finally found the reason :))
I have my own mod and one day after I finished a new release and wanted to test it in my server, I started to get kicked automatically. I tried to adjust the onHackedData =  "kick (_this select 0)";   setting which caused the error message changed. So again the server thought the mod is hacked one. As the mod was mine I could start testing to find the reason. After some checks, I ended up with DSUtils as I wanted to re-sign the mod but before doing it I wanted to verify the current PBO signatures and it appeared that some PBOs got signature mismatch somehow. They got corrupted no idea how and why. After I fix those specific ones the problem disappeared and I could connect to server again.

I beleive USAF has the same issue with some PBO files. Some servers are ultra sensitive to this issue as far as I see because the corrupted mod of mine was able run on other people's server without an issue. Can you guys maybe make a small signature check to see if all PBOs are still valid for the files coming from Workshop and/or Armaholic as both sources giving me same issue when I want to play with USAF Mod?

First Off there should not be any usaf files from workshop..so there lies one issue..please link those files here. 2nd I will look at the ones on armaholic to make sure they are correct as you requested.

in 2016 there was :) Then you can check only the armaholic file signatures to see if your mod has the same issue like mine had.

At the risk of sparking another heated discussion about stupid questions and their sharp-tongued responses, I have to ask: Have you guys ever considered offering the pack in little chopped up mini-pack versions? For example, all fighters in one mod, all big planes in another and then core files that all the packs refer to.

I'm asking because my unit and me are interested in your UAVs since they are pretty neat and the only contemporary ones out there as far as I know. But we wouldn't want to make the whole unit download the huge USAF pack just for a UAV or two that one guy per Op can have fun with.

And a different question, why not include firewill's AWS into your aircraft by default? Would save you some time making new weapons since he's already got a good bunch of them. And I have to say things like his GPS guidance system are just superior to yours since it's one of his key features and he really concentrates on improving it.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

runy888

1 hour ago, runy888 said:

At the risk of sparking another heated discussion about stupid questions and their sharp-tongued responses, I have to ask: Have you guys ever considered offering the pack in little chopped up mini-pack versions? For example, all fighters in one mod, all big planes in another and then core files that all the packs refer to.

I'm asking because my unit and me are interested in your UAVs since they are pretty neat and the only contemporary ones out there as far as I know. But we wouldn't want to make the whole unit download the huge USAF pack just for a UAV or two that one guy per Op can have fun with.

And a different question, why not include firewill's AWS into your aircraft by default? Would save you some time making new weapons since he's already got a good bunch of them. And I have to say things like his GPS guidance system are just superior to yours since it's one of his key features and he really concentrates on improving it.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

runy888

Well you were going to get a good response until you uttered out that last portion..we are way ahead of you on modular packs..

now on that second note you can get the hell on with that..Dont come over to somebody else’s thread and down play what they have and compare it to someone else’s work..i have respect for firewill but I don’t run off at the mouth saying that my F-16 is better than his etc, etc. Your bold as shit coming here saying that.. if you want a USAF mod with firewills AWS pack then make your own USAF mod and install his weapons on it. Because this mod the one me and my guys put our time and effort into.. the one you are downplaying will be using our own weapons.. vastly upgraded since the last time you touched them..since the drones don’t even use much out of what we offer.. you pointed it out earlier though.. your question was stupid as hell and you deserved every inch of this response..

17 minutes ago, SGT Fuller said:

Dont come over to somebody else’s thread and down play what they have

Wow alright I think you misunderstood although I tried hard to make myself clear; I picked out the GPS system specifically because I know that it currently includes features like dual gps & terminal laser guidance which your current system (and sorry but I can only compare to what is available to me) does not offer. And I do not expect you to outperform him in this matter because the AWS is just the core of all his works and he keeps refining it to perfection whereas you guys have alot on your plate trying to bring the whole USAF into the game and spending so much effort on one detail would probably prove ineffective.

There are tons of features in your pack that I can save both our time comparing with firewill or any other mod author because they either don't have it or yours is way better than what they offer.

It just didn't seem logical to me to spend time working on a system that does already exist in the (to me as someone with no modding experience) exact same version as you would require it and that is constantly being updated and improved.

17 minutes ago, SGT Fuller said:

if you want a USAF mod with firewills AWS pack

It's not about what I want, as stated above it just felt to me like you could spend your time more sensibly and use good off the shelf technology to build on. I am completely fine with your weapons and by all means, you've got some real gems in there. For example, I have not yet discovered a nuke in firewills pack or any other aircraft mod :)

But it looks like I struck a nerve there and I apologise if my question appeared as an offense.

However, in your reply I can not see a valid reason for not using FIR AWS on your planes excpet for (perfectly understandable) pride on your own creations. Sorry in advance if me digging deeper into this issue presents annother affront.

Best regards,

runy888

EDIT: Also, good to hear that you've decided to publish modular packs of your content :D

8 hours ago, runy888 said:

Wow alright I think you misunderstood although I tried hard to make myself clear; I picked out the GPS system specifically because I know that it currently includes features like dual gps & terminal laser guidance which your current system (and sorry but I can only compare to what is available to me) does not offer. And I do not expect you to outperform him in this matter because the AWS is just the core of all his works and he keeps refining it to perfection whereas you guys have alot on your plate trying to bring the whole USAF into the game and spending so much effort on one detail would probably prove ineffective.

There are tons of features in your pack that I can save both our time comparing with firewill or any other mod author because they either don't have it or yours is way better than what they offer.

It just didn't seem logical to me to spend time working on a system that does already exist in the (to me as someone with no modding experience) exact same version as you would require it and that is constantly being updated and improved.

It's not about what I want, as stated above it just felt to me like you could spend your time more sensibly and use good off the shelf technology to build on. I am completely fine with your weapons and by all means, you've got some real gems in there. For example, I have not yet discovered a nuke in firewills pack or any other aircraft mod :)

But it looks like I struck a nerve there and I apologise if my question appeared as an offense.

However, in your reply I can not see a valid reason for not using FIR AWS on your planes excpet for (perfectly understandable) pride on your own creations. Sorry in advance if me digging deeper into this issue presents annother affront.

Best regards,

runy888

EDIT: Also, good to hear that you've decided to publish modular packs of your content :D

Yes you struck a nerve. I don’t do well with comparisons of content as each modder has their own layout and view of their content..that’s not cool but I accept your apology. 

We have made headway with how the usaf mod works and have enhanced systems and removed things that didn’t work well. Besides us all having real life stuff to do ask yourself why our update is taking so long?..we only want the best put out.. our 1st release while it was received good was buggy. We don’t want that this go around. Plus you can only compare what you can see under the hood of the current USAF mod. Our update you haven’t seen much of.

You will never see AWS on our planes..unless A some clan member rewrites our config for his clans purpose or me and firewill come together for a colleberation project and we decide together for that.(highly unlikely)

Anyways In the future keep comparing off this thread. We love our brother and sister modders and show them respect by not comparing our work with theirs just for likes.

• Like 2

Guys all please calm down. Anybody needs to respect modders and their pride.

It's like you go to KFC and are argumenting with the personal that MC' Donalds is better, it is something that is inpolite and not realy acceptable(even if some of your arguments are right).

So one big call for the hole community as something for 2018!

Please be nice and don't piss off the modders they are working hard on their free time, from their own motivation.

So beaware modders are only humans with real life mostly with family's and every single one of them has feelings too so don't come around every 5-10days and ask for updates or argue with them(exception if they ask you for your own opinion)!

#moddersareonlyhumanstoo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thread has been cleaned up, please stay on topic and within the forum rules. Any rule breaking will incur forum infractions. 

Also please remember mod and addon makers make content for free as hobby, consider it a bonus its released to the community. 

• Like 4

I agree with the mod creators please give them time. They have real life jobs  and maybe even families to take care of. Creating a mod is not a JOB they are not getting paid to do it. It is a blessing from them that they grant onto us the people of the ArmA 3 community so get with the program people and have some respect! 

Cant wait for though its gonna be a good one :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No one would ever say KFC is better than McDonald's, that's more of an "apples and oranges" type comparison, unless you want to go with just chicken sandwiches, at which point I would interject and be like "hey, just go to 'Chick-Fa-La' and you'll have a better sandwich experience".......

Waiting patiently for the updated USAF HH-60G, man o man!! I pretty much have ceased flying Arma3 until this pack is reintroduced into the community, it's that good of a helicopter. The best -60 series flight model, loved the sounds, etc...best!!

This is kinda aimed at everyone, not specifically anyone here, although it does apply here, and that's this: I've been a flight sim guy for years, and no whee are are the devs as mean as they are than in the BS forums. The only time anyone gets wound up on other forums is when folks ask for timelines, the rest is kinda.....silly? I'm not sure exactly what it is about just this community that makes everyone so guarded or quick to turn around and bite a head off, but it makes it kinda hostile around these parts, people can't ask a question without getting hopped on. It's annoying, really. That said, some of the questions asked here are just plain silly too, and I can understand some of the devs' frustrations because they shouldn't have to field some of the requests I see, like re-skins in a community where there is bound to be someone who can use a paint program, etc. Some of these types of questions should be sent as PM's so as to not incur public wrath and in a way making the devs look like jerks. Two way street people, I'll stop there :-)

~S

You must not have been on the Interweb that often :)

Its quite simple.  The annoying portion goes both ways.  As a mod maker, I spend literally hundreds of man-hours a year making a mod.  For free.  For my buds in the community to play and enjoy.  Release time... inevitably within 4 posts of the release, someone with 12 posts asks "will you ever be adding XYZ" to you mod?  Which is very deflating for a mod maker.  I'm not joking about the hundreds of man-hours a year. 

I personally don't make mods for praise, however when all you see in feedback is "your mod sucks why don't you make it like XYZ did with their mod" or "your mod sucks how come it doesn't work with XYZ's mod you must fix it now" you tend to get a bit defensive about your "baby".  I have a mod that is now officially over 1GB in size (!!!) and yep I can't tell you how many people have asked via IM or otherwise "your mod sucks because it is too big why don't you cut it into little pieces".  The nature of their posts clearly indicates they are zit-faced 19 year olds that have little to no regard for quality content... they just want to put your FREE on their monetization server they host at their dorms so they can make money from your hard work.  Did I mention how many hours a year I spend making mods?

Let's not start on these asshats that repackage your mods and redistribute without your permission.

So if the BIS forums seem a bit PASSIONATE about their mods, I would submit that most mod makers these days are proud of what they have created and they go to great lengths to protect that IP rather than have it passed around without regard or respect for the authors.  It ain't the authors' fault!

Can we agree to quit this line of discussion and keep focus on the USAF mod?

• Like 7

Unfortunately a lot of people do not seem to care about mod makers wishes. Thanks for adding the link 

• Thanks 1

I saw the post about the F-35, along with the UAV function in it. Will it be able to connect like the uav terminal in the base game? Also, will the ac-130 function the same in multiplayer and singleplayer (in regards to autopilot)? anyways, great job on the mod, and ill keep looking forward to when it releases. 

53 minutes ago, PotionSeller said:

I saw the post about the F-35, along with the UAV function in it. Will it be able to connect like the uav terminal in the base game? Also, will the ac-130 function the same in multiplayer and singleplayer (in regards to autopilot)? anyways, great job on the mod, and ill keep looking forward to when it releases. 

It will not be exactly like the Vanilla function but it will be able to tap into UAV Feeds. Yes the AC-130 will work the same in both modes. Thank you for your kind words.

1 hour ago, cry me a river said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307683842

my disk is a little full so I do not know if this is a version of the mod on steam or just some missions for the mod but the description is a little suspicious

Just a showcase... and on the left side it is clearly stated as Scenario (not mod) and on the description below, it is clearly stated it is only a mission, there´s the link for the mod on armaholic, so definatly not a ripoff... I know there´s been so much abuse lately, but you should not jump to the gun at the mere sign of USAF something...

And this mission was created by a respected member of this community, subscribed since 2013, but lurking since 2004...

ME =)

cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1