SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Yeah, that is something that we've discussed internally and hope to implement barring any complications. One of our goals with this update is transitioning what we can to cba keys to try to clean up the scroll wheel menu.

Thanks for that confirmation Raynor! 

"cry me a river" - first, we don't have SR71 jets in the mod.  Not sure an SR71 mod even exists.

Second, I find it ADORABLE that the armchair admirals are explaining missile evasion to me.  In my SAM pack alone there are some Mach 5+ missiles.  Its going to ruin your experience if you think you can outrun missiles alone.  Enjoy afterburner against that  :)    And let's not talk about those missiles that have "soft-kill" warheads with proximity sensors and fuses...  you can try to outrun or jink around those and it will still explode with a relatively large sphere of engagement.

While it is true that "jinking", "waggling", or whatever you want to call missile evasion can help, it is intended to fly "around" the missile's engagement cone so that it cannot kinetically counter-steer into your flight path at that critical point of closure.  That, my dear, is best used against missiles that have less AoA capability than some of the newer ones.  Now of course I am thinking in terms of SAM engagements and not dogfights w/ short range missiles.  You of course need AB in dogfights but that wasn't the comment. 

Finally, it was completely overlooked that my statement passing reference was a teaser for working jamming pods.   :)

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, hcpookie said:

you can try to outrun or jink around those and it will still explode with a relatively large sphere of engagement.

Realistically, the "sphere of engagement" would be more like a cone (granted, this may not be possible in ArmA). This, of course, depends on the missile, but proximity detonation in modern missiles relies on target being ahead of the missile. If you manage to maneuver yourself to the side of it, then even if it detonates, if you can avoid the mess of tungsten rods that those warheads fire off in front of themselves, you'll probably live. The actual explosive charge is rarely big, S-300 uses around 150kg warhead and S-400, according to Wikipedia, 24kg. And I never claimed that outrunning a missile is a valid tactic for anything but SR-71, but that doesn't mean that the burner part of "slam your burners and turn very hard" isn't useful in some circumstances.

Granted, Falcon 4/Freefalcon 5 does, for most part, feature outdated SAMs, but that doesn't mean you can't evade modern ones, it's just more difficult and less reliable. I clocked a few hours in flight sims far better than ArmA3 with your SAM pack installed. For the record, I was thinking more in terms of AA combat (not necessarily dogfights) or short range SAMs of the sort we have in vanilla, where missiles are smaller and somewhat less capable (large SAMs, being static, are best avoided entirely if you can help it, or knocked out ahead of time by SEAD/DEAD if you really can't). And the SR-71 comment was me just being pedantic (this stopped working later on, anyway). 

Hello,

Real quick question to the developers, do the helicopters such as the HH-60 support the rotorlib Advanced Flight Model?

Thanks.

You know it is described somewhere in this 90-page discussion :(  There are a few values to add to the config, and a few things to do in the model.cfg of the plane.  I'll try to dig up details if I can

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there any guideline how to add USAF air refuling functionality to an airlplane?

So uhh, i made the (well basically rewrote) the script a long time ago but it's' all a bunch of config values that are defined in the plane. It supports external fuel tanks as well (magazines and/or animation (e.g. F/A 18(Magazine) and Firewill's F-14 (animation))). I've been really busy with life the past couple of months but I'll see if I can dig it up for you sometime during the weekend. If you're impatient you can probably take the compatibility mods I made for those aircraft's as it should suffice kind of, basically has a mix of all the different config types.

• Like 1

I've pretty much equipped the Unsung planes with USAF refuel compatibility and also the F/A-18. Here are the config values I use:

Cfg_FA18E.hpp:		USAF_RefuelType = "hose";
Cfg_FA18E.hpp:		USAF_RefuelPoint = "fueldoor";
Cfg_FA18E.hpp:		USAF_RefuelAnimation = "fuel_probe";

The animation 'fuel_probe' needs an entry in model.cfg and has to be enabled before refueling can start. In the F/A-18 it's defined like

class fuel_probe
                        {
                                type = "rotation";
                                selection = "fueldoor";
                                axis = "osa_fueldoor";
                                memory = 1;
                                minValue = 0;
                                maxValue = 1;
                                angle0 = "rad 0";
                                angle1 = "rad -57";
                        };

When animationPhase fuel_probe is 1, refueling can happen, otherwise not. So you need to add an action for the pilot in UserActions:

class extendrefueling
                        {
                                displayName = "Extend Refueling Probe";
                                position = "pilotcontrol";
                                onlyforplayer = 1;
                                showWindow = 0;
                                hideOnUse = 1;
                                radius = 5;
                                condition = "player in this and this animationPhase ""fuel_probe"" < 0.5 and speed this > 100";
                                statement = "this animate [""fuel_probe"",1]";
                        };

Cheers,

TeTeT

• Like 4

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎24 at 10:27 AM, hcpookie said:

Finally, it was completely overlooked that my statement passing reference was a teaser for working jamming pods.   :)

Appreciate the teaser can't wait

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎24 at 10:27 AM, hcpookie said:

"cry me a river" - first, we don't have SR71 jets in the mod.  Not sure an SR71 mod even exists.

Second, I find it ADORABLE that the armchair admirals are explaining missile evasion to me.  In my SAM pack alone there are some Mach 5+ missiles.  Its going to ruin your experience if you think you can outrun missiles alone.  Enjoy afterburner against that  :)    And let's not talk about those missiles that have "soft-kill" warheads with proximity sensors and fuses...  you can try to outrun or jink around those and it will still explode with a relatively large sphere of engagement.

I didn't bring up the SR71 or anything about missile evasion tactics so why are you giving me grief about this? All I asked was is there a way to bind the afterburner to a key. Regardless you don't need to be rude and resort to name calling, considering how often you like to bring up forum rules. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cry me a river said:

I didn't bring up the SR71 or anything about missile evasion tactics so why are you giving me grief about this? All I asked was is there a way to bind the afterburner to a key. Regardless you don't need to be rude and resort to name calling, considering how often you like to bring up forum rules. 

That wasn't directed at you.

7 hours ago, Tibidis Dik said:

Is there a release date for this or no?

Yes, 7th July 2035.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tibidis Dik said:

So that's a negative then?

You're pretty new here, so it works like this: questions on release dates or update dates are highly discouraged if not altogether banned by the forum rules. Lala's answer is just ironical.

Please don't ask for updates and release timelines for mods. For some, if not many, modders it takes away from the enjoyment to answer such questions on update dates.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tibidis Dik said:

So that's a negative then?

Last update was back in 2015 if I was you I would come back in 2019 and hopefully there will be an update . Problem is that  nobody going to play with it since Arma 4 will be out by then :)

43 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

Last update was back in 2015 if I was you I would come back in 2019 and hopefully there will be an update . Problem is that  nobody going to play with it since Arma 4 will be out by then :)

For you the update will indeed be in 2019 or maybe never due to your constant negativity, for the other people we  are hoping to get it out by the end of the year, the team is working hard after some vacation to finish the update ASAP.

• Like 9

So i have had to DMCA about 5 illegal uploads of the USAF mod. I want to make this as clear as possible for the 50 millionth time. The update is planned and scheduled to be released via Steam workshop. It is already decided. If you upload the mod without my consent. I or one of my team members will file a DMCA against you and take further action if need be. I dont mind scenarios that make the mod a dependency. If you ASK for an upload to steam for your team or repo first then more than likely im gonna say yes..but if you dont then it is already stated what will happen. Im not trying to be a jack ass or anything just respect the wishes of me and my team. We do this for yall! atleast you can do is have enough respect for us and not upload our mod without our consent. Cheers.

• Like 18

Are the pictures on the OP going to be reuploaded to a different hosting sight? They seem to be outdated and aren't available anymore.

Thanks!

Are there plans for the dashboard indicators to work on all of the planes?

Last time I checked there wasn't any working dash gauges or indicators on planes like the C-130. 

21 hours ago, TheSenDest said:

Are the pictures on the OP going to be reuploaded to a different hosting sight? They seem to be outdated and aren't available anymore.

Thanks!

Probably not. I plan to make a new thread once the update publishes.

• Like 1