SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Is the new upcoming Jets DLC going to cause an delay to the new update? I know that some things definetly need to be tweaked after the DLC's release. Are you planning to include some aspects of the new DLC to the next update?

58 minutes ago, octop01 said:

Is the new upcoming Jets DLC going to cause an delay to the new update? I know that some things definetly need to be tweaked after the DLC's release. Are you planning to include some aspects of the new DLC to the next update?

We have decided to wait atleast until after the Jets DLC update so we can implement the stuff BI added that is usefull for us (no further ETA)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxone said:

We have decided to wait atleast until after the Jets DLC update so we can implement the stuff BI added that is usefull for us (no further ETA)

Ok thank you! Something that would be interesting concerning the F35B Project is that it's auto-hover could be screwed by the update. I do not know exactly how your F35B vertical take-off works but it seems that the current F35B from the CUP-Vehicles Pack is crashing right after it disengages VTOL mode. Just for your information. 

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been out of Arma for awhile. In one of the updates, the vanilla jets were given crosshairs for their bombs so they could be semi-accurately dropped without just dumbfiring. Is that something that's going to be added to the USAF mod planes?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flyinpenguin117 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been out of Arma for awhile. In one of the updates, the vanilla jets were given crosshairs for their bombs so they could be semi-accurately dropped without just dumbfiring. Is that something that's going to be added to the USAF mod planes?

Already added when it came out lol.

6 hours ago, O360_A1AD said:

@SGT Fuller hey, i can't load full vehicle to C-17/C-5 in multiplay.

is this not available for multiplay(Dedicated Server) ?

Yes it is available in multiplayer. A little more information would be nice

@SGT Fuller I don't know the detail, but something transparent is existing behind the vehicle.

please see these videos. i recorded it.

normal ver(singleplayer)

abnormal ver(dedicated server)

thanks for the feedback, ill get onto working on it soon, i think i know the issue now ;)

Small demo of the progress on the midair refueling system improvements: 

Don't mind the loud TACAN, that will change.

• Like 10

Looks really good and the distance and fuel state radio calls are well done. I hope the basic refuel config stays the same, as I've rigged the Unsung planes and the F/A-18 for the USAF system. If there are any changes to them, please get in touch with me via PM so I can update the Unsung planes as well.

• Like 1

Great progress! Really nice work on the refuelling, and the radio chatter is a nice touch. 

One more addition to the KC-135, should help get into position:

(PDL, Pilot Director Lights, are the little lights on the belly that tell you where you are inside the boom envelope)

• Like 6

I have to say the refueling looks awsome, i only have 2 things to say, maybe put in a setting so the players can set how loud the TACAN is, and also will there be different call signs or will everyone be Texaco 3-1?

3 hours ago, jameshale15 said:

I have to say the refueling looks awsome, i only have 2 things to say, maybe put in a setting so the players can set how loud the TACAN is, and also will there be different call signs or will everyone be Texaco 3-1?

Yep, I'm planning to expand TACAN, that was just the initial concept test. The callsigns could be expanded, just need to do the voicing for it (and I can't be all the tankers :sigh:). Thing is, players controlling the tanker will have the option disable those radio comms and use their own, so I'm thinking one set of sounds will likely be sufficient for the relatively rare case where it's needed.

8 hours ago, raynor_d said:

One more addition to the KC-135, should help get into position:

(PDL, Pilot Director Lights, are the little lights on the belly that tell you where you are inside the boom envelope)

Really nice work!
Question, is it possible to change the radio messages (to another language) via config?

I think so, if you do the voicing and translation, but why the international language for such operations is english.

From my knowledge we have our procedures like that and for example as far as I know no wiedly produced military jets beside the one's from the UDSSR and other previous eastern states use feet and knots for altitude an speed indication.

For an example our german Tornado HUD:HUDreal(1).jpg

If you want to read further: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/2566/what-is-the-measurement-system-used-in-the-aviation-industry

• Like 2

Yep, the sounds will be configurable via config, still working on exactly how it will be laid out.

• Like 1

Calling all Arma 3 aviators! Whether or not you've ever used the USAF mod, we'd like to know the community's interest level in our various aircraft. It will help prioritize our workflow and help make some decisions about the upcoming update. Let your voice be heard in this brief survey:

https://goo.gl/forms/X6axM5EBBCybvRJX2 

• Like 4

I have voted. Any plans -to make your amazing mod  pbo Modular? I meant for example use only weapon system ,F-15 and F-22 jets

• Like 1

I have voted as well. Looking forward for the updates :eyeheart: