SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Sorry quick question.. is the Mediafire link on the OP up to date? The date on their is from 2015 and PWS is taking FOREVER to download!

---edit---

Cancel Cancel. As soon as I posted this it jumped from like 10% to complete :D

---edit---

Cancel the cancel. It wont update to the latest version for some reason :( Will wait for Armaholic mirror I guess.

---edit---

Just had it pointed out to me that its a WIP update and not that the mods been updated.... guess I need sleep afterall.

"I promise you it has been answered. Yes the -60 is going to be fixed."

That's all I was looking for this whole time!!!!! It wasn't an "I want" situation, it was "are you gonna, or are you not" situation. No timeline requests, nothing. Just "are you"

Thanks for the update ;-)

~S

We from the USAF team would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

rZ9WpbS.png

With lots of stuff coming from us in 2017 we hope you will have some more patience while we iron out the bugs and focus on improvements. 2016 has been a busy year for all of us both in real life as with the modding. We appreciate all the feedback we get and are trying to fix as much bugs as we can. That said, in 2017 we do aim to release a big update with lots of improvements and some new stuff (which you will hear/see more about in the future) so stay tuned for that.

That's it for now, hope you will all enjoy your holidays and spent some time with your families.

• Like 8

Happy Christmas Guys! I hope that you all have a fantastic time and I, for one, am looking forward to see what the new year brings.

• Like 1

Hi. I have been looking for an RAF C17 and I noticed that in the C17 files, there is the livery of an RAF variant however, I cannot figure out to get it in game. Could you please help me and tell me how to do so?

31 minutes ago, skittl said:

Hi. I have been looking for an RAF C17 and I noticed that in the C17 files, there is the livery of an RAF variant however, I cannot figure out to get it in game. Could you please help me and tell me how to do so?

We do not feature the possibilty you use that texture on the C-17, if you wish to use an RAF C-17 suggest you check this mod out http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25090

I'll amend Foxone's statement with, we don't currently feature easy switching to those textures. However it's absolutely one of our goals, and I'll even say we've made tangible progress toward it, but as always no promises. There is yet much work to be done. :f:

In the mean time, you could also try your hand with the setObjectTexture command.

2 hours ago, raynor_d said:

I'll amend Foxone's statement with, we don't currently feature easy switching to those textures. However it's absolutely one of our goals, and I'll even say we've made tangible progress toward it, but as always no promises. There is yet much work to be done. :f:

In the mean time, you could also try your hand with the setObjectTexture command.

Thanks. Is it ok with you then that for the time being, I change the default texture of the c-17 from your mod to the RAF one until switching becomes possible?

This mod used to update  more on regular basis but since 2015 everything stopped. We hear that you guys work an update but it's been a very long time since. Hopefully an update will come in 2017.

• Like 2

@skittl Not at all, you can do whatever you like in your own missions, even your own pbos. Just don't re-distribute the pbos.

I know it's tough to wait guys, but believe me, the update will be worth it. Keep an eye on our Twitter for regular dev updates.

• Like 1

USAF updates are always worth the wait. And they have always been pretty clear that its done when its done. Always remember that unlike a lot of mods out there that focus on one vehicle or one vehicle family. USAF mod has a ton of vehicles, with different weapons, features, abilities, flight characteristics etc. Thats a ton of work. Thanks to the USAF team for working so hard.

• Like 3

On 23/11/2016 at 11:46 PM, Devastator_cm said:

next suggestion would be to put a big enough airport :P

the map size isn't even big enough for a full length runway

Does anyone know how to up the radar range of the E-3 Sentry?  I am only able to see ~30km around the aircraft.  I would like to see up to 100+ km so I can effectively use the aircraft on the TOH South Asia map that spans 122km x 122km.  Please advise!

1 hour ago, warbirdguy1 said:

Does anyone know how to up the radar range of the E-3 Sentry?  I am only able to see ~30km around the aircraft.  I would like to see up to 100+ km so I can effectively use the aircraft on the TOH South Asia map that spans 122km x 122km.  Please advise!

That value, 25km actually, was hard coded into the script by the original author due to scripting performance limitations at the time, so it's not configurable in the current version. I am overhauling the AWACS radar system to utilize new scripting commands that allow a much longer range and to use an interactive dialog with many options like scanning modes and ranges. I've made pretty good progress on the system and the E3 is next on my overhaul list, so you should see it on the twitter relatively soon.

• Like 4

Wow, great respect for keeping and improving the mod the whole time since it has been released!

Just by the way, could I ask if the B-2 Spirit has been improved already or whether it is still on your todo-list ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrMrBaum said:

Just by the way, could I ask if the B-2 Spirit has been improved already or whether it is still on your todo-list ;)

...Yes. :f:

Spoiler

Ct67fpm.gif

• Like 2

On 1/5/2017 at 3:09 PM, DAGGER [111] said:

USAF updates are always worth the wait. And they have always been pretty clear that its done when its done. Always remember that unlike a lot of mods out there that focus on one vehicle or one vehicle family. USAF mod has a ton of vehicles, with different weapons, features, abilities, flight characteristics etc. Thats a ton of work. Thanks to the USAF team for working so hard.

Very true indeed and thank you for your kind words. As Raynor said that its worth the wait. We aim to bring awesome jets into your hands. But we are all busy with RL. For example i am at a US Army school for my upcoming deployment. I have military obligations, The others have jobs or school, but were still working. Trust me we want to get this over as well but were not gonna side step just cuz were tired. Thats not how we role.

• Like 4

Huge fan of your mod.
i haven't read all 81 pages of this but i did notice someone being an a$$ about VIV (Vehicle in Vehicle)
i personally have had some issues with mod vehicles clipping but other then that it has worked flawlessly 99% of the time.

just recently i noticed that RHS has a very good cargo system for there C-130, where the player actually drives the vehicle into the rear of the aircraft, exiting the vehicle and closing the ramp and it seems to lock automatic into position.
I feel your C5 and C17 would benefit greatly from this cargo system as it would allow players to completely fill both aircraft more efficiently.
I  wasn't sure if you guys were able to do something like this or possibly be able to obtain it from RHS?, Just an idea i thought i would share with you.
keep up the great work, cant wait for the next update.

2 hours ago, convex said:

Huge fan of your mod.
i haven't read all 81 pages of this but i did notice someone being an a$$ about VIV (Vehicle in Vehicle)
i personally have had some issues with mod vehicles clipping but other then that it has worked flawlessly 99% of the time.

just recently i noticed that RHS has a very good cargo system for there C-130, where the player actually drives the vehicle into the rear of the aircraft, exiting the vehicle and closing the ramp and it seems to lock automatic into position.
I feel your C5 and C17 would benefit greatly from this cargo system as it would allow players to completely fill both aircraft more efficiently.
I  wasn't sure if you guys were able to do something like this or possibly be able to obtain it from RHS?, Just an idea i thought i would share with you.
keep up the great work, cant wait for the next update.

We had a cargo system similar to the one RHS uses when the mod first came out. We did away with it to help with loading cargo boxes and such. The clipping you have seen has been fixed and we find that our new method suits the cargo plans better. Thanks for the inquiry though.

Is there any way to set custom aircraft to be compatible for aerial refueling with your KC-135

1 hour ago, skittl said:

Is there any way to set custom aircraft to be compatible for aerial refueling with your KC-135

Yes, there is a folder called "FOR ADDON MAKERS" inside the @USAF folder, in there you should find all the information you need to add it to your own aircraft