SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

I reinstalled USAF after sometime without it and am a bit unsure about the c-17 skin. Does my memory play tricks on me or did the c-17 globemaster have a much darker/greyish skin in earlier releases? Or did arma's lighting changes over the last patches make it look really bright? I think to remember it was more akin to the dark grey of the f-16 or B2 bomber. Does a reskin for the USAF version or the earlier standalone version exist?

It will be a separate mod but released the same time frame.

I am so glad that you did not abandon it. :D

I am so glad that you did not abandon it. :D

Of course not lol its DONE!!

I just tested it, if you land the C-130 at a speed of ~240km/h the plane just bounces of the runway into the air again as it is going to fast, and you would need about 3000+meters of runway to have it stand still at that speed. So no it is not going to work if we bump up the landing speed, because of all the previously mentioned reasons in other posts, and because its Arma, and we all know Arma... So please stop with further discussing this, Fuller already said it is not going to happen, so it won't.

Actually, the VROT (speed at which you pull up) is in the neighborhood of 212km/h (115 KIAS). Minimum landing speed at 177km/h (96KIAS), you'd wouldn't be going all that much faster on a real landing. So the speeds could go up slightly, but that's it. And yes, you could drive most cars that fast (I once briefly did 170km/h on a long highway straight when I was in a hurry. I didn't go faster mostly because the limit was 130 and around here, going 50+ over the limit may cost you your license). 

The takeoff run of a fully loaded C-130 is about 1km (according to Wikipedia), the landing run is shorter. Remember, C-130 is a tactical airlift aircraft. It has to take off from short, poor-quality runways. Even C-5 takes off in 2.6km and lands in just over 1km, at full load. So RL landing distances certainly are manageable in ArmA, at least for transport aircraft. Couldn't find VROT data for it, though it's likely not that much higher than the Herc. Like C-130, it doesn't always have the luxury of a huge, flat runway to land on. Indeed, ArmA runways are quite representative of what these planes usually have to cope with. The current setup is a bit low, but I'd say almost in the right ballpark.

Of course, bombers and fighters are another matter. B-1B lands at a breakneck 270km/h and takes off at 250km/h. That's at the lightest weight I have listed. That's obviously rather unusable in ArmA. Takeoff roll is probably short-ish (that thing's got impressive thrust), but landing one definitely isn't.

Not changing it unless we the mod team see a issue..I have yet to see one. Thanks

• Like 2

From what i read, seen and researched the old HH-60's used to have camo, about ~10/15 years ago (couldn't find an exact time frame). But all HH-60's are currently in grey paint

I just tested it, if you land the C-130 at a speed of ~240km/h the plane just bounces of the runway into the air again as it is going to fast, and you would need about 3000+meters of runway to have it stand still at that speed. So no it is not going to work if we bump up the landing speed, because of all the previously mentioned reasons in other posts, and because its Arma, and we all know Arma... So please stop with further discussing this, Fuller already said it is not going to happen, so it won't.

only if you got the right flight model

AoA +5 and glide slope -3~5, and that's how i use that on vanilla jet not modded jet because the C-130 was modded to be landing on 180-190 kmh and that fine.

my main point: atleast not 80kmh for SOME planes, F16 F22 might need to add a tap bit landing speed (like 10?), A-10,C130 are all good, but F35 (130kmh) and C5 C17 B1 B2 are too slow for 50-80kmh

and here's the end of this, if the creater doesn't like that there's no point discussing that

The birds in the first image are gray.  The one in the second is painted in the old camo scheme that hasn't been used since the early 2000's.  

• Like 2

SGT Fuller!! I found a bug......on the HH-60 the pilot does not show up visibly when viewing the helicopter from the outside. Is there a reporting thread for your mod somewhere so I can make sure it gets on there?

Thank you!!

~S

I think my github is still up. But thank you i havent gotten down to it on my list but i will take care of it.

So will the security units be removed as a separate mod or deleted entirely? I really like the police cars and I think they are a really cool addition to the game. Would be a shame to see them go

Hey Fuller!

My Arma3 Clan wanted to put this Mod in our Modset. But we don´t need/want all of them.

Is there a chance to just pick some of the vehicles (police cars/AC-130/C130)?

Greetings from Germany!

Is there any chance to see the mod updated for the new ViV-feature from apex?

Hey Fuller!

My Arma3 Clan wanted to put this Mod in our Modset. But we don´t need/want all of them.

Greetings from Germany!

if you would download the mod first you can see that most of the vehicles are seperate PBO's so they are easily to extract from the mod

Hey Fuller!

Greetings from Germany!

Just delete the .pbos that you don't want! (you need USAF_VEST.pbo and USAF_SFS.pbo at least)

Is there any chance to see the mod updated for the new ViV-feature from apex?

If you looked through the thread you would have found the answer, however, I'll save you the search, no.

if you would download the mod first you can see that most of the vehicles are seperate PBO's so they are easily to extract from the mod

I don´t know much about modding, so i didn´t look in the folder when i downloaded it.

But thanks for the help!

Also, keep in mind that some PBO's require the usaf_missilebox.pbo, though this is primarily for planes and helicopters that have weaponsystems

SGT Fuller, just a head's up, we found another glitch with the HH-60. When we loaded a bunch of troops in there was a specific seat where if anyone jumped into the heli and had that seat their game crashed. I believe it was the very last seat open when loading the heli up to max occupancy. I don't want to mislead you so I will run this down further for you and confirm it. This all happened while I was away for a week. 

Sorry to throw gripes, I am very much in love with your heli's in this pack. Flies wonderfully, cockpit gauges and panels lights work, looks great, sounds great.....Love it!!

~Rob

• Like 1

SGT Fuller, just a head's up, we found another glitch with the HH-60. When we loaded a bunch of troops in there was a specific seat where if anyone jumped into the heli and had that seat their game crashed. I believe it was the very last seat open when loading the heli up to max occupancy. I don't want to mislead you so I will run this down further for you and confirm it. This all happened while I was away for a week. 

Sorry to throw gripes, I am very much in love with your heli's in this pack. Flies wonderfully, cockpit gauges and panels lights work, looks great, sounds great.....Love it!!

~Rob

Thanks rob and yes please look into it some more. I will also do some research on my end to make sure. Thanks for the compliments and updates.

Thanks rob and yes please look into it some more. I will also do some research on my end to make sure. Thanks for the compliments and updates.

Just like to pitch in here, we've encountered the same issue but it happens randomly even with empty HH60's

I think I found another glitch. When I pilot the ac130 and turn the aircraft so the AI gunners will fire the guns the 25mm AI controlled gun keeps firing even after I initiate the autopilot mode where the player takes over as the gunner. Even as I fire the 25mm a desperate stream of 25 mm shells are fired by the AI. Something interesting is that the player controlled 25mm sounds like an single barrelled gun like an m240 while the AI controlled 25mm has the distinctive "brrrrrrt" of a Gatling gun.

I also have a question. Are there any plans to increase the speed or maneuverability of air to air missiles? When I play around in the fighters I notice that the missiles have a hard time hitting fast moving targets (like Opfor controlled F16s, F35s, and F22s) even from behind. I find that they are fine against the Vanilla Arma 3 fighters but don't do so well when the targets are fast.

I also have a question. Are there any plans to increase the speed or maneuverability of air to air missiles? When I play around in the fighters I notice that the missiles have a hard time hitting fast moving targets (like Opfor controlled F16s, F35s, and F22s) even from behind. I find that they are fine against the Vanilla Arma 3 fighters but don't do so well when the targets are fast.

I have the same issue, but i guess that is just how it is. What i find more annoying, is when the AI just flies in circles making it almost impossible to hit with missiles, :P

I have the same issue, but i guess that is just how it is. What i find more annoying, is when the AI just flies in circles making it almost impossible to hit with missiles, :P

ikr! Literally an OPFOR F22 just pulling circles at >1000km/h is pretty much impossible to shoot down