SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Cockpits are a huge time investment, almost as much work as building the entire mesh of the model.  To get it 'right' takes a mind numbing amount of patience.  So please keep this in mind.  On the planes I build, cockpits are always last because I know it usually takes me at least 2 weeks of working on it every day to make it "good enough" for release.  That's one part of 3D model work that I personally H-A-T-E doing!  And of course that's the one thing that people bitch about, usually something like 'why isn't that button in the right spot your mod sux' so I tend to leave the cockpit model work to someone else if I can manage it.

I'm not asking for WHOLE cockpit and it's details. Just that single simple instrument is enough for now.

This I believe is currently in, the radar stuff is displayed on the map though instead as markers which are colour coded as well as assigned the vehicle's respective icon.

Ah okay great. Thanks for the response.

I'm not asking for WHOLE cockpit and it's details. Just that single simple instrument is enough for now.

I understood that when I replied, and I stand by my original statements.  One could copy/paste the A10 cockpit from the BIS sample models and recycle that into every. single. plane. for the horizon ball.  Then everyone will start with those questions... if this were done to add only a single gauge, the inevitable explosion of questions would become "where are all the other gauges", "why isn't the horizon indicator accurate", "why does the horizon indicator look wrong", etc. etc. etc. so you can appreciate the notion that it has to be done correctly, even if it is a single gauge.  It ain't easy making a 3D plane!

• Like 1

I understood that when I replied, and I stand by my original statements.  One could copy/paste the A10 cockpit from the BIS sample models and recycle that into every. single. plane. for the horizon ball.  Then everyone will start with those questions... if this were done to add only a single gauge, the inevitable explosion of questions would become "where are all the other gauges", "why isn't the horizon indicator accurate", "why does the horizon indicator look wrong", etc. etc. etc. so you can appreciate the notion that it has to be done correctly, even if it is a single gauge.  It ain't easy making a 3D plane!

This answer makes more sense than your last. Because I knew making a good looking cockpit is hard and takes time and would mess up with scheduled tasks.

Artificial horizon....important? LOL

No.

You only need one when there is no REAL horizon to reference.

Hello all..this is a public request if you are good at the following please contact me. You will help speed up the release of this version if i can get some community support: Textures, minor scripting, and particle effects for bombs. Please PM me or post here. Thank you.

SGT Fuller:

I can't say I'm good at it but if there's any way I can help out with the minor scripting I'd be more than happy to!

In the mean-time I have a working solution for the new 1.60 CCIP for the A-10C. I've applied it to GAU-8 and some otherwise unguided munitions (Mk82+AB, Mk84, Mk77, CBU100, CBU78B, CBU87B and CBU89B). I realize this might be a bit redundant if new missile box is in development .... but in the meantime? :)

UPDATE:

Bombs, FFAR, and Guns CCIP added. update 1.60

A10:

Flight dynamics tweaked

Formation lights added

Cockpit noise fixed and lowered

Gear up/down sounds added

Flaps up/down sounds added

B****betty added: Stall warning, Chaff/flare release, Altitude warning, Low fuel warning

Gau sound volume increased

Custom Sounds for missile lock

To be done: Custom RWR, Cockpit fixes and tweaks, Texture, and redifiened service menu

Will post pics soon. I am going down the list which starts with the A10.

Next will be the AC-130U. 

• Like 7

NICE..... I am glad you got the night rvmat working!

• Like 1

Thanks slowly but surely!! thanks to NightIntruder

• Like 4

You're welcome to help yourself to the RWR stuff in my EF2000 source files; feel free to paste it into your stuff.  It detects the type of missile and if known, will display the icon for it.  If it doesn't detect the exact missile type, it will still display a warning, regardless.  It supports my SAM pack (of course) and some CUP stuff as well.  Custom incoming missile sounds (depending on aircraft type) from the Internets.

• Like 3

Thanks pook I'm pretty much using the A10 as a test bed so I can make sure the other aircraft will take these and it's working doe far. Gonna try to do the RWR tommrow. The trickiest ones to integrate that on will be the F22 and the F35 series.

• Like 1

Hey SGT Fuller. Love your mod and wanted to say thanks for the continuing hard work - I was wondering how I could get the latest updated version; everywhere seems to only have the August 2015 revision, and I'd love to get the 1.60 updated version.

Also, do I need to request your permission to add your file to a unit repository?

Thanks pook I'm pretty much using the A10 as a test bed so I can make sure the other aircraft will take these and it's working doe far. Gonna try to do the RWR tommrow. The trickiest ones to integrate that on will be the F22 and the F35 series.

What is a RWR?

Hey SGT Fuller. Love your mod and wanted to say thanks for the continuing hard work - I was wondering how I could get the latest updated version; everywhere seems to only have the August 2015 revision, and I'd love to get the 1.60 updated version.

Also, do I need to request your permission to add your file to a unit repository?

He hasn't updated yet if that's what your asking for.

RWR = Radar Warning Receiver.  The thing that is connected to all the antennas and sensors to tell the airplane a missile has been shot at it.

• Like 3

SGT. Fuller, this is such a great mod. I have been following it for some time now. Our unit has been a proud user of the mod for quite some time. Have you heard of or has anyone had any errors with the blackhawks? I have searched the thread without much luck, but may have missed it. It appears that whenever someone "ejects" from the bird while it is flying, they will get a steam ticket error and crash out of a game. This has been happening to our unit since the 1.60 update. Tonight, we had two people who crashed out of game as soon as they exited the bird while it was spooling down (on ground). They crashed at the same time. However, this time, it was not 100% of the people that were riding... just 2 of the 8 passengers. 

Any ideas?

SGT. Fuller, this is such a great mod. I have been following it for some time now. Our unit has been a proud user of the mod for quite some time. Have you heard of or has anyone had any errors with the blackhawks? I have searched the thread without much luck, but may have missed it. It appears that whenever someone "ejects" from the bird while it is flying, they will get a steam ticket error and crash out of a game. This has been happening to our unit since the 1.60 update. Tonight, we had two people who crashed out of game as soon as they exited the bird while it was spooling down (on ground). They crashed at the same time. However, this time, it was not 100% of the people that were riding... just 2 of the 8 passengers. 

Any ideas?

Are you able to provide a copy of both the server's .rpt and someone else's .rpt (one of the one's who crashed)?

Are you able to provide a copy of both the server's .rpt and someone else's .rpt (one of the one's who crashed)?

Let us replicate and I will report back. I can't believe I didn't think about that. Thanks!

Who made the F-16 in this mod? Is it firewill's?

I'm not Fuller so I cant answer who made it, but no it is not Firewills. Maybe Mykes from A2 or something? 

I'm not Fuller so I cant answer who made it, but no it is not Firewills. Maybe Mykes from A2 or something?

Okay thanks! I figure I'll get the USAF mod, but I just wanted to know if I should get firewill's F-16C as well seeing as it's very high quality.

Okay thanks! I figure I'll get the USAF mod, but I just wanted to know if I should get firewill's F-16C as well seeing as it's very high quality.

Yes firewill doesn't have anything to do with this mod. This f16 was made by apollion and his group and donated to us. We are in the process of upgrading it so that it will be very different than the one that is currently released in the mod and firewills. In fact I can produly say that the update coming is very different than the one out current with different sounds, better weapons, textures, scripts etc. I believe everyone will be pleased with the end result. I will say if you liked the AC-130 of current you will love it now. Put a lot of focus on it.

• Like 5