SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

Hi, so, noob here with a noob question, about the AC-130. When I place it, some of the crew, who I assume are meant to be the copilot and TV operator, aren't placed in the aircraft. The best I can do to get them in is to spawn as pilot, order one in as copilot, move to the TV seat manually, and have the last straggler replace me as pilot. If I try to place them in, it says there's no room in the vehicle. I've tried all the MoveIn- commands, to no avail. Is there a workaround or fix for this? I'm trying to set up a small coop scenario where an AC-130 provides covering fire for a squad on the ground. The AC-130's movements are scripted (it'll have a loiter point either directly on the squad leader or static points, depending on the size of the mission), so the orbit script won't be used, and I only want a player to control TV operator and manually swap between the gun seats. All else fails, I can just replace the AC-130 with a drone, but where's the fun in that?

And I know I'm late to the party, but I'm sad you scrapped the F-15 and B-52. Still a beyond awesome mod, though.

EDIT: Scratch that. After further experimentation, it seems that only the pilot can swap between all seats at will, probably by design. I'll just have to put the player in the pilot seat. Still worth looking into, though.

• Like 1

@Flyinpunguin

Dev build has a FlyinheightASL. Propper Ac130 scripting is getting close!

• Like 1

Hi, I am new here. I have played Arma 3 for years and have used the editor and quit a few mod. But generally I am a noob when it comes to actually building stuff my self. I have your US Air Force Mod and it's Truly Amazing! I would like to rely on the awesome knowledge of you guys to help me make my dream of a heavily modified A-10/A-164 a reality. Hopefully one of you can help me thanks.

So, what are you really asking?

Start building (as in modeling, creating config and texturing all together) an A10 from scratch? Or are you asking the permissions from the dev team to pick their assets apart and start building something "new"? :)

• Like 1

II think he just needs help with configing and scripting and such of his own mod.

Please guys take over 7 studios US Naval Warfare Pack! They're shutting down and deleting their project files! Would be a great additions to the USAF mod!

I would also love to help out with the sound design if you have any spots open :) 

Please guys take over 7 studios US Naval Warfare Pack! They're shutting down and deleting their project files! Would be a great additions to the USAF mod!

I would also love to help out with the sound design if you have any spots open :)

It would seem CUP are taking over the USN Pack.

• Like 1

I wouldnt have time to take over the USN Pack anyways. The USAF Pack is enough for me at this point. So guys here is the scoop. Myself and my remaining team members are working hard to produce a great update. Things that will be in this next update are as follows:

• New Textures for aircraft and missilepack
  • Advanced HARM System
  • New Service menus
  • Updated bombs and missiles
  • Better Handling of aircraft
  • Drones now reflect actual size :)
  • F-16 redesign
  • Aircraft weapons storages will now reflect actual aircraft loads
  • Ability to preset your own loadouts
  • More to come!!!

With that being said majority of the updates are being focused on the AC130, A10, F-16, F-22, F35 A,B, and C. The bombers really dont need an update so there not being focused on besides textures. Same goes for the heavy transports. They will get some love trust me but it wont be as extensive as the last update. Also i promise you that i will include a through readme for new and older users who dont know how to work the Air Force Mod. The security Forces members will be removed from the pack. Only pilots will be in it from now on. I will post some videos soon. In the mean time please check out the F35B and C threads in the discussion boards for videos of those. A alpha is expected REALLY soon!! 

• Like 6

Holy crap, sounds like an awesome update  :wub:

So, what are you really asking?

Start building (as in modeling, creating config and texturing all together) an A10 from scratch? Or are you asking the permissions from the dev team to pick their assets apart and start building something "new"? :)

I think it might have to be new from scratch because its a pretty radical change from the current aircraft in game. The best way I can explain it, is a combination of an F-35, F/A-18/F, and an A-164. A lot of the code probably can be gotten or inspired off of the addons for the F-35 and F/A-18/F. But I also want to add some distinctive characteristics to this aircraft and its systems as well. So what do you guys think, is this doable? And if so can I get some experienced people to help me make it a reality?

Hi Fuller,

great thanks to you (& your team too ;)) that you keep up the good work :D.

I´ve just read the latest post (The bombers really dont need an update ...). Yes, I fully agree with you, but it would be really nice too, if you could get the inflight refuelling of the B-2 to work :rolleyes:.

Since I read the config of her (only read it) I can tell you that the error isn´t in the config file. (I think it is in the model.cfg). Hope it helps you ;)!

And the F-22 is included in the update, yeah :D

I am finishing a GPS/INS system for the missilebox as well as the ability for JTACs to call in airstrikes.

Is there a way to equip aircraft if the editor? I tried using the basic removeall and manually doing addmagazine, but it seems to bug out the inventory. Is there some other way to gear these in the editor?

Is the fuel consumption on the HH-60G Pave Hawk as intended?  We seem to get circa 15 minutes of flying time before needing a drink (often to stay out of the drink...)

Could we get a Air Force Police Jeep too? Needed for some base security units we have aplenty of.

I'm guessing everyone has been having the issue with the HH60G pilots not being visible from external view? 

Also super keen for the update! Can't wait to see the updated goodies :) 

Will most fixed wing got a flight model (mosting takeoff/landing speed) get a remodel? 

I found his aircraft to have great flight models personally, always room for improvement