SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

I think this one is just what you need.... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432042885&searchtext=usaf+mod

I would advise mine (cheap sellout lol) but the Spectre has to refuel first and then fly to target area... maybe too complicated http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307683842&searchtext=usaf+mod

Cheers and Meryy Xmas!

Hi there, 

thanks very much for the links! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately i've just tried the first one you recommended but i get shot out of the sky by OPFOR ZSU Tigris about 1 second after engaging autopilot!!!  Tried 3 times and same outcome every time?

Is there a way to edit this file and delete or degrade the AAA etc and begin mission at 10,000 ft AGL?  I know i'm being picky but Spectres don't operate at 300m altitude in a high threat AA environment (or any other 300m AGL environment other than take off or landing?  

Not interested in dodging AAA or SAMs just want to practice taking out targets in the exact manner that the AC-130 was designed to do.  High altitude, low threat, precision CAS mission.  I was a Marine on the ground on first night of the ground war in Iraq in Feb 2003, my unit had 2 x Spectres and 4 x A-10C's in direct support overhead for the entire night, best fireworks display i've ever witnessed!!

Just want to experience that from the air?

Again, i really appreciate the links and the help but that mission needs editing to make it flyable and not frustrating.  As i said i have tried to make my own Spectre practice mission but there always seems to be some issue with getting the aircraft to orbit a target area reliably at around 10,000 ft and enable me to take the role of the gunners and engage targets.  I have no knowledge of scripting in Arma yet so don't know how to create custom scripts etc. to achieve this result in mission?

Many thanks again and a Merry Xmas to you too mate.

• Like 1

Hi there, 

thanks very much for the links! Much appreciated.

Unfortunately i've just tried the first one you recommended but i get shot out of the sky by OPFOR ZSU Tigris about 1 second after engaging autopilot!!!  Tried 3 times and same outcome every time?

Is there a way to edit this file and delete or degrade the AAA etc and begin mission at 10,000 ft AGL?  I know i'm being picky but Spectres don't operate at 300m altitude in a high threat AA environment (or any other 300m AGL environment other than take off or landing?  

Not interested in dodging AAA or SAMs just want to practice taking out targets in the exact manner that the AC-130 was designed to do.  High altitude, low threat, precision CAS mission.  I was a Marine on the ground on first night of the ground war in Iraq in Feb 2003, my unit had 2 x Spectres and 4 x A-10C's in direct support overhead for the entire night, best fireworks display i've ever witnessed!!

Just want to experience that from the air?

Again, i really appreciate the links and the help but that mission needs editing to make it flyable and not frustrating.  As i said i have tried to make my own Spectre practice mission but there always seems to be some issue with getting the aircraft to orbit a target area reliably at around 10,000 ft and enable me to take the role of the gunners and engage targets.  I have no knowledge of scripting in Arma yet so don't know how to create custom scripts etc. to achieve this result in mission?

Many thanks again and a Merry Xmas to you too mate.

Ok, so with some searching the web and downloading some tools (Eliteness, DePbo etc.) i've now managed to edit the first of the two AC-130U missions that were linked above from the Steam Workshop.  I deleted the pesky ZSU's, increased altitude to 1000m ASL and added a few more targets for good measure.  Made it much more what i was looking for and i'm going to continue playing with and adding some more elements.  Thinking of using it as a basis for a mission that follows the lines of the US SOCOM attack to re-take Khandahar Airport from the Taliban in late 2001?  I think it was featured in one of the later Medal of Honour games?  Certainly well documented in several books on the early days of Op Enduring Freedom.

Big thanks to Sharkdude for the original mission without which i wouldn't have had a clue or a starting point and also a big thank you to corporal_lib for the links and obviously Sgt Fuller for the mod!!

• Like 2

Is there any instruction to get this mod running on a server? Our server is still crashing when we try to start it!

Is there any instruction to get this mod running on a server? Our server is still crashing when we try to start it!

No problem on my side. More infos: Windows or Linux? Mods? RPT-Log?

No problem on my side. More infos: Windows or Linux? Mods? RPT-Log?

First at all, thanks for your awesome work!

But, i or we (my clan) had a problem since update 0.5.1, our server won't start and i tried anything possible... downgrade - upgrade, patches, hotfixes etc. and the problem always is http://puu.sh/kRDFv/c5e7a627c6.jpgmy scripters tried to make a new key from the new files but all we get, on connection to the server, is a disconnect. we used your mod very very progressive and need it for our training, missions etc. but since the update no version runs ever. maybe someone can help here? rpt log data inc. 

http://tinyurl.com/pm5y9te

so far

thats my previous post and it's displays the problem

I used them too. but they are too buggy and just fast. The cannon is not even aligned and zeroed to the cross-hair or HUD position. One of them didn't have cannon firing and impact effect!!

I need to say that I like to see F-22 with better maneuverability and amber colored canopy glass.  :) 

Well i was only referring to the speed of the jets, not about the other things you mentioned. And being able to fly faster doesn't mean you can't just slow down and thus increase maneuverablility. Maybe 2000 km/h of the F-22 is a bit much considering the altitude, but 1500 km/h should be in. Currently the F-35 is struggling to reach the 1300 km/h. 

I apologize for the lack of updates. I have been away due to my wife being sick and work. I have been getting some work in here and there though. Working as hard as i can, but this update will not be out before xmas but hopefully will be out 1st week or 2week january. Im still in need of a Texture artist and a person good with Photoshop. It will speed things up. Here is what's done and what im working on

IN PROGRESS

•  Currently working on adding rotorlib to the HH-60
  • Currently working on explosion effects for bombs. 
  • Working MFDs
To Do List

• Update Textures
  • Update Damage values and radius for weapons
  • ACE Interaction
  • Add tail gun to CV-22 Osprey
  • Fix error with Pilots uniform
Completed

• USAF Mod now works with Lesh's Tow(ing) Mod
  • AC-130U script optimized
  • A-10C Interior sounds fixed
  • A-10C Flight mechanics fixed
  • F-22 interior sounds fixed
  • Targeting Pod script added
  • Reverse Thrust added to C-17, C-130J, AC-130, MC-130 and A-10.
  • F35A loadouts updated
  • Refueling script updated
  • Fuel tanks work as fuel tanks
  • Awacs script optimized
  • C-130 and AC-130 ramps no longer lift the plane in the air
  • C-17 move in flight script fixed
  • Collision lights fixed to mimic real world conditions
  • RTP bug fixes etc
Potential

• Interactive cockpits

Sorry to hear that.... hope everything will turn out okay. No matter what.., merry Christmas and thanks for everything!

So if you are not locking on,how do you know if you are at the correct heigth/range etc to release the bomb? i understand that you pick the drop spot on the pop up map and the bomb will zero in on it,but is there a symbol or marker to say"ok you are close enough to release now"?

WORK IN PROGRESS PICTURE

2zgesfq.jpg

• Like 2

Fuller,

for some reason, with the new ALIVE and MCC update, our USAF pack (specifically the F35) is causing peoples games to crash/disconnect them. Anyone else get this issue?

Having trouble with the CV-22's nacelles going to 90 degrees in MP missions. Only seems to happen on MP server. We run a fair amount of mods and scripts on our missions. I can pm someone "the list" if interested.

Just wondering what are the functions behind the adjustment of the nacelles? Perhaps we can deduce from there. We have been researching and testing extensively on our own and it is proving to be quite an elusive bug.

To be more specific.

The bug occurs the moment the CV-22 is powered up. The nacelles automatically go into a 90 degree position. Forward tilt must then be achieved by adding power to the engines slightly. As long as power to the engines remains slightly above feathered they operate normally.

However, upon landing as the power is once again lowered to feathered the nacelles once again return to a 90 degree position and the aircraft seems to power itself slightly until it begins bouncing erratically. Any "powerdown" input is ignored and the nacelles will only return to a tilted position if power is once applied to the engines. It should be noted that we are fully capable of flying the aircraft in some missions without the bug ever occuring. It also bears mentioning that we have pilots who fly with both keyboard and joystick and it doesn't seem to matter. Both inputs eventually experience the bug.

We know how to use the auto-hover feature as well. It happens regardless of the setting.

Really has us stumped. As we are a Marine Raider outfit our Opsreys are a huge part of any OP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for the lack of updates. I have been away due to my wife being sick and work. I have been getting some work in here and there though. Working as hard as i can, but this update will not be out before xmas but hopefully will be out 1st week or 2week january. Im still in need of a Texture artist and a person good with Photoshop. It will speed things up. Here is what's done and what im working on

IN PROGRESS

• Working MFDs

To Do List

• Add tail gun to CV-22 Osprey

Might be able to assist with these... my EF2000 has an MFD TV interface, switchable between gauges and TV view.  I'm currently working on a working RWR that indicates correctly.  Script almost complete, just needs some more testing.  Also has a TRD and a few other things you will likely be interested in.  I really need to just release it as-is and let 'er rip... Been a bit busy lately w/ RL myself so I haven't been able to update things as regularly as I'd like...I hope to have some time late this week to make progress enough to have it ready for release.

Also of course my A2 Osprey addon has all the MV22 love w/ the rear guns and a few other goodies...

LMK on the skype chat if you want to have a look at the these and I'll throw the MLOD's your way.

Anywhere there is documentation for this mod, eg how to activate ac-130 orbit mode etc, i had a mate of mine figure it out a few days ago but now its 4am in the morning so i dont want to ask him.

Anywhere there is documentation for this mod, eg how to activate ac-130 orbit mode etc, i had a mate of mine figure it out a few days ago but now its 4am in the morning so i dont want to ask him.

Please let me know how if you find out.

Sgt Fuller: Once again I just gotta say wow. Granted I only use the A10C, but hoo-lee crap it's so much fun, and good looking. Can't praise you guys working on it (and Peral) enough!

A few questions tho when/if you have the time;

• Have you considered enabling vanilla "lockon" for the unguided bombs (primarily Mk82/84 but maybe even the Mk77 and the unguided CBU's?)? My reason for mentioning it is just that I've always felt it's a bit weird using a fairly modern aircraft but still having to WW2-style bomb. I'm not saying the vanilla method (the strange mix between CCIP and CCRP giving you an indicator that dropping now might result in a hit) is the best solution, but it is a quick'n'fairly-good solution at least and also creates the least amount of work (that I can do for you if you want).
    If this is not in your own vision, is it ok for me to release a small config patch enabling this for those who want it?
  • (pt1) Small bug report that I just wanted to check if you want reported on github keeping in mind the upcoming rewrite of the GPS/INS-bombing system; With the A10, the GBU-38 and CBU-103-launchers is missing in USAF_A10C_GPS_TARGETING_SYS.sqf rendering it not showing the GPS target for bombing. The GBU-39 is a valid launcher but not selectable from the Service Menu. Should I report it on the tracker or will it be remade anyway?
  • (pt2) The AGM-65/E is a valid manually specified munition for engaging GPS-targets in the same script making it show and lock-on to GPS-targets. Iirc the E-version only has a laser seeker and no GPS/INS-functionality. Same question goes here as above, do you want it reported the correct way? :)
  • Would you consider adding the option to script the loadout on the A10 (or any service menu-capable aircraft tbh)? Or is it already possible just that I can't figure out how? NVM! Found the script.  :wub:

I know this is nitpicking and no serious stuff, so do with it what you will :D

Thanks for an awesome mod!

Sgt Fuller: Once again I just gotta say wow. Granted I only use the A10C, but hoo-lee crap it's so much fun, and good looking. Can't praise you guys working on it (and Peral) enough!

A few questions tho when/if you have the time;

• Have you considered enabling vanilla "lockon" for the unguided bombs (primarily Mk82/84 but maybe even the Mk77 and the unguided CBU's?)? My reason for mentioning it is just that I've always felt it's a bit weird using a fairly modern aircraft but still having to WW2-style bomb. I'm not saying the vanilla method (the strange mix between CCIP and CCRP giving you an indicator that dropping now might result in a hit) is the best solution, but it is a quick'n'fairly-good solution at least and also creates the least amount of work (that I can do for you if you want).

If this is not in your own vision, is it ok for me to release a small config patch enabling this for those who want it?

• (pt1) Small bug report that I just wanted to check if you want reported on github keeping in mind the upcoming rewrite of the GPS/INS-bombing system; With the A10, the GBU-38 and CBU-103-launchers is missing in USAF_A10C_GPS_TARGETING_SYS.sqf rendering it not showing the GPS target for bombing. The GBU-39 is a valid launcher but not selectable from the Service Menu. Should I report it on the tracker or will it be remade anyway?
  • (pt2) The AGM-65/E is a valid manually specified munition for engaging GPS-targets in the same script making it show and lock-on to GPS-targets. Iirc the E-version only has a laser seeker and no GPS/INS-functionality. Same question goes here as above, do you want it reported the correct way? :)
  • Would you consider adding the option to script the loadout on the A10 (or any service menu-capable aircraft tbh)? Or is it already possible just that I can't figure out how? :)

I know this is nitpicking and no serious stuff, so do with it what you will :D

Thanks for an awesome mod!

Well since Mr. Gravity is what controls those unguided bombs anyway, I disagree w/ this approach.  It should be difficult to use dumb bombs.  A higher approach angle (more of a dive) will address "precision" issues w/ dumb bombs which is somewhat of an ironic statement! 

Lock-on w/ dumb bombs was added, presumably, for AI to make use of them.  It should have been, from the start of Arma, a Private-only weapon mode for AI (non visible to player in the config) and left "dumb" for the player-visible config mode.  Precision = some sort of guidance system.

I would go so far as to remove the "tab to lock" arcade feature altogether if I could.

• Like 1

Granted with Arma being Arma and not DCS I can kinda agree tbh.

Adding some kind of optical means to know/show if you are in the ball park to hit in a game where fun often equals balance, it might become a bit to over-

powered with GBUs AND "guided"-unguided bombs.

Although all unguided munitions can and will be dropped with either a CCIP or a CCRP system in a real situation it's not always translatable to an ingame behavior so I see your point. And definitely not fair adding behavior not anyone would want, so if it would be ok later on, I'd release that as a separate patch .... if anyone wants it that is :)

• Like 1

Indeed. there's no guidance. Just an indicator that if u drop now, shit goes boom.

It wont guide you to a correct path (altho it's not rocket science ;D) and it won't show you where it's gonna splash until you are extremely near the correct moment for release. no puns intended :)

WORK IN PROGRESS PICTURE

2zgesfq.jpg

Wow ... Just wow. Please tell me that AP makes it possible to put the aircraft in an altitude/bank hold. Then ARMA has reached new heights (no pun intended).

Well since Mr. Gravity is what controls those unguided bombs anyway, I disagree w/ this approach.  It should be difficult to use dumb bombs.  A higher approach angle (more of a dive) will address "precision" issues w/ dumb bombs which is somewhat of an ironic statement! 

Lock-on w/ dumb bombs was added, presumably, for AI to make use of them.  It should have been, from the start of Arma, a Private-only weapon mode for AI (non visible to player in the config) and left "dumb" for the player-visible config mode.  Precision = some sort of guidance system.

I would go so far as to remove the "tab to lock" arcade feature altogether if I could.

Locking on to stuff with gravity bombs is silly, yes. But as it stands now you have to basically bomb as in pre-Vietnam times. Carpet bombing with the B-1 is pretty much a guessing game now. Some kind of indicator á la CCIP/CCRP would be nice, it should only be an indication of in what area the bombs will land, nothing precise about it. I think there's actually a CCIP script on armaholic, but I recall that it was quite CPU intense, might want to look into it.

Gotta say that this mod and the newly released TGP mod has completely changed ARMA for the better ! Great work guys.

Is it possible to integrate the missile box with the A-164 similar to Firewill's A-164R mod that uses his Air Weapon System Mod?

Is it possible to integrate the missile box with the A-164 similar to Firewill's A-164R mod that uses his Air Weapon System Mod?

I have not looked into it but i may when i get some spare time.

I have to say that alot of ppl have been pretty disrespectful as of late. I had one person message me pretty much bashing my mod asking me to give him my A-10C model so that he can use it with Firewill's weapons box. That got under my skin. Then another wants to spout off at the mouth saying none of my stuff works when its pretty clear that it does. If you want something done your way that the modder isn't doing feel free to do it yourself or give some constructive criticism or something.. My mod isnt the best out there hell i know that, but i believe that i have delivered a very good package to the masses. Im one person..i have alot in store for the next update on the USAF mod thats why its taking so long..i dont like to make yall wait but hey i got a life too ya know? Bottom line is this..

1. Dont bash other ppl work in favor of someone else.

2. Know your facts first

3. If you don't mod then chill and give credit to those who do this for FREE.

• Like 9