SGT Fuller

United States Air Force( 2015)

In due time i will. Im trying to take care of a few things first. please no rushing

Of course you can take the time you want. I was just wondering.

i dont like taking peoples ideas ill ask him if i can use it

Yes that is what i meant. I just stated it wrong. Sorry about that.

Alright, Here is the Targeting Pod System that supports current verison of USAF

https://www.4shared.com/zip/XOM4fHT4ba/TGP_Script_Masnooper_v10.html

Change log:

= Modified and corrected most of existed planes
= Added support of USAF 2015
= Added support of standalone SU-22 and SU-34/32
= Added support of Tec CSAT Project: Keftar & Shahan

• Like 1

Hey Fuller, love the mod man!

Can you explain to me how to operate the gunner position in the B-2 (sorta meant for the B-1B as well)?

I tried to drop a JDAM with my mate, but he couldn't open the GPS targeting system nor lock onto my GPS target. Isn't it best for the pilot to worry about flying the aircraft and possible communicating with teammates while the gunner handles the GPS targeting and dropping of the bombs?

Hey Fuller, love the mod man!

Can you explain to me how to operate the gunner position in the B-2 (sorta meant for the B-1B as well)?

I tried to drop a JDAM with my mate, but he couldn't open the GPS targeting system nor lock onto my GPS target. Isn't it best for the pilot to worry about flying the aircraft and possible communicating with teammates while the gunner handles the GPS targeting and dropping of the bombs?

Looking into why the gunner cannot use the GPS targeting system

Having used the search function and endlessly googling different keywords, i apologise if this has been answered somewhere already (I know it has but my bookmark didnt work and cant seem to find it again manually).

I've been using the original Boeing C17 mod for the RAF liverie, but recently downloaded the USAF mod as i found a function written to load vehicles into the cargo of a C17 which I have since lost. Can anyone help me with this script/function? 

What I want to do is have a Boeing spawn with an SUV/Offroad preloaded into the cargo, without having to manually drive and attach it myself in the preview mode. is this even possible? Thanks a bunch :-)

Looking into why the gunner cannot use the GPS targeting system

Don't sweat it, the new system will be able to be used by pilot and gunner.

What is the new gps system they are talking about?

Basically instead of creating a laser target that you have to lock-on to (which is what the current system uses), the new system programs the bomb with the gps coordinates and you dont have to lock-on to anything (which is great for dropping bombs from high altitude or for more expedient close air support). For the bomb to release you have to be near the target area and facing in the general direction. There is also a 10% chance of the gps data link failing and INS guidance taking over (which can increase the circular error probability up to an additional 25 meters). More realistic and simpler to use.

Having used the search function and endlessly googling different keywords, i apologise if this has been answered somewhere already (I know it has but my bookmark didnt work and cant seem to find it again manually).

I've been using the original Boeing C17 mod for the RAF liverie, but recently downloaded the USAF mod as i found a function written to load vehicles into the cargo of a C17 which I have since lost. Can anyone help me with this script/function? 

What I want to do is have a Boeing spawn with an SUV/Offroad preloaded into the cargo, without having to manually drive and attach it myself in the preview mode. is this even possible? Thanks a bunch :-)

There is a function viewer in ArmA 3 Editor if you go to the top which will have sub categories for each of the functions, I would also like to mention that the USAF mod is basically that C17 mod, it even includes every livery that was in the mod which you can find if you depbo the mod and then you can use setObjectTexture

Basically instead of creating a laser target that you have to lock-on to (which is what the current system uses), the new system programs the bomb with the gps coordinates and you dont have to lock-on to anything (which is great for dropping bombs from high altitude or for more expedient close air support). For the bomb to release you have to be near the target area and facing in the general direction. There is also a 10% chance of the gps data link failing and INS guidance taking over (which can increase the circular error probability up to an additional 25 meters). More realistic and simpler to use.

Are you the developer of this awesome system? If so, how would you know that the bomb is given coordinates?

Do you choose a coordination, and every bomb you throw from then will be heading towards that coord or do you separately configure the bombs?

Thanks

Hey fuller, yesterday we used your jets again in a multiplayer interception mission. The AWACs played a keyrole and it was really immersive with the crew warning and informing other players about hostile jets aso. We realized the AWACs doesnt have to take of to make full use of its radar capacity. In fact the crew parked it on the airbase and used it as a stationary airradar after they realized this was possible. Would you consider to make it necessary to bring the AWACs to a minimum height to make full use of its radar? Thx again for your epic mod

Hey fuller, yesterday we used your jets again in a multiplayer interception mission. The AWACs played a keyrole and it was really immersive with the crew warning and informing other players about hostile jets aso. We realized the AWACs doesnt have to take of to make full use of its radar capacity. In fact the crew parked it on the airbase and used it as a stationary airradar after they realized this was possible. Would you consider to make it necessary to bring the AWACs to a minimum height to make full use of its radar? Thx again for your epic mod

Hey man, I'll probably actually add in the use of lineIntersects or terrainIntersects command, I was going to add in before but I was not sure if it would lag up the sever as stated.
  • Like 1

Hey man, I'll probably actually add in the use of lineIntersects or terrainIntersects command, I was going to add in before but I was not sure if it would lag up the sever as stated.

Hey thx man, that sounds great. As long as the AWACS wont be used as a ground Installation anymore ;)

Are you the developer of this awesome system? If so, how would you know that the bomb is given coordinates?

Do you choose a coordination, and every bomb you throw from then will be heading towards that coord or do you separately configure the bombs?

Thanks

You pick the coordinates by clicking on a pop-up map/ Each bomb needs to be given targeting information separately.

And what about the moving targets since it's GPS based?

well that's GPS targeted bombs. You probably will need LGB loadout on plane and someone with laser designator to precisely strike moving targets.

I'm wondering how a modern day fighting jet can not lase it's target! What were BIS developers thinking!?

I'm wondering how a modern day fighting jet can not lase it's target! What were BIS developers thinking!?

Don't you think it'll be a little too OP, makes an infantry laser designator a little redundant doesn't it?

Hi,

the A10 from Peral is the same one as in the package here?

Greetings

Edit:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.USAF_JAGM_Launcher'."

Normal at the moment, or is there a problem of my specific configuration?

I am not able to use the JAGM. It says reloading, but after that there is no JAGM.

Hi,

the A10 from Peral is the same one as in the package here?

Greetings

Edit:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.USAF_JAGM_Launcher'."

Normal at the moment, or is there a problem of my specific configuration?

I am not able to use the JAGM. It says reloading, but after that there is no JAGM.

Perals A10 and the A10 from this pack is not the same plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you are not locking on,how do you know if you are at the correct heigth/range etc to release the bomb? i understand that you pick the drop spot on the pop up map and the bomb will zero in on it,but is there a symbol or marker to say"ok you are close enough to release now"?

I usually avoid to ask about updates but time goes by it's getting too silent here.. I got the impression that some sort of update was imminent in November but maybe I was wrong.

This is one of the few mods I'm interested in.