opteryx

Al Ayadiya, Al Kut & other Iraqi terrain stuff

I know this isn't the right time, but in the end are you planing on making the map be compatible with ALiVE?

No, to be honest I don't even know what ALiVE is.

I know this isn't the right time, but in the end are you planing on making the map be compatible with ALiVE?

Honestly..i don't believe a map maker should do "special" adjustments to make his map compatible with ALiVE.

Just staying on "Vanilla" configs..gets the trick done imHo

@Opteryx

ALiVE in few words..is the tool to give *life on ARMA's lifeless kilometers.

I would have mentioned it's the successor of ARMA 2 ΟΑ's MSO ..but you were AFK regarding to ARMA that period :)

I m really suggesting to see a proper video with your coffee some time about ALiVE ;)

Edited by GiorgyGR

I would personally love to try this terrain style, looks good for infantry as well as vehicular combat.

No, to be honest I don't even know what ALiVE is.

Well ALiVE is mod, that allow mission makers to create mission in very easy way. Main feature of ALiVE is that is spawn AI in area. Yet to work map must be 'listed' by ALiVE team.

Could we get a look at asset you are creating?

Opteryx, you realize you have the entire community foaming at the mouth...right? :D

Oh my this map! :o :rolleyes:

Well, this project has been in the works for a long time, but due to many reasons I've had to put this project on hiatus several times, however now that I've restarted work on my OPX2 assets, I've slowly started to work on Al Kut again.

At the moment I don't have too much to showcase as I won't start placing objects until OPX2 assets are more game ready.

I figured that starting a thread would make the project more official and maybe motivate me by committing to it.

Here are a few screens from Terrain Builder and Buldozer:

Terrain Builder view

Kut City view 1

Kut City view 2

Kut Al Hayy Air Base

Farmland irregation channels (these might get removed in the future)

Old object test 1

Old object test 2

The map it self is 20x20 km and located 143 km south-east of Baghdad along the Tigris River.

PS: I am always looking for reference material, so if you've been to Al Kut, or know someone who has and have photos of the city, please contact me.

I've been along the Tigris in Samarra, NW of Baghdad. It's all the same honestly... Let me know if you need any reference material. Also, you need *A LOT* more vegetation along the river and then you'll need vegetation in areas that could be irrigated from the river.

Edited by arindfle

Wow!! A new "Fallujah" in the making!!

I'm 100% that this map will be something of a fairy tale:D

PS.

I can assure you that you motivated me to keep Arma 3 installed on my computer :)

TOTALLY agree;D

I think Opteryx will probably wants to finish his (Uber) Building pack first.

Yes..development doesn't look *lighting-fast ..but we probably gonna see the map..sooner or later..

p.s. Yes..i m anxious myself to play on THIS map with THIS building pack..

but can't do much about it except wait :)

I think Opteryx will probably wants to finish his (Uber) Building pack first.

Yes..development doesn't look *lighting-fast ..but we probably gonna see the map..sooner or later..

Exactly. There is no point in working on this map until the assets are usable.

• Like 4

Ah, good to hear, I was afraid al-Kut had been dumped. Gorgeous assets, keep it up! I look forward to playing al-Kut some day.

Yes, all buildings are completely open.

just shit on fallujah right there and most maps that come to A3 with un enterable building standards.

• Like 1

Nice, Arma 3 lacks some real good Urban battles 

BUMP! Project revived/resumed. See first post for more information.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2015 at 1:26 PM, opteryx said:

The plan now is to remake my old Arma 1 map Avgani, but renamed after it's arabic name "Al Ayadiya" all from scratch. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1