opteryx

Al Ayadiya, Al Kut & other Iraqi terrain stuff

So, I'm officially reviving this project after about a years of work starting all the way from scratch!

The plan now is to remake my old Arma 1 map Avgani, but renamed after it's arabic name "Al Ayadiya" all from scratch. This is a small map of 6.1x6.1 km size. This map will serve as a test base for my iraq assets.

Once Al Ayadiah nears completion I will start working on the much more vast map of the city of Al Kut, this map is 24x24 km and features a much larger city and airforce base.

For now, here's a few WIP pictures of some buildings I'm working on:

https://imgur.com/a/10no8WR

Much more to come and everything is subject to change.

And here is satellite imagery of both maps: 

https://imgur.com/a/dod2tK4

Also, I've revived an old discord of mine where I intend to post more minor progress updates on these projects, anyone who's interested in iraq terrains is welcome to join:

https://discord.gg/X7CeN9JnN3

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Wow!! A new "Fallujah" in the making!!

I'm 100% that this map will be something of a fairy tale:D

PS.

I can assure you that you motivated me to keep Arma 3 installed on my computer :)

• Like 1

Love those assets. And finally a proper airbase in ArmA! Looking forward to this one for sure!

Oh the irony when you're dutch....Lookin good so far though :)

Nice to see new land with custom assests. Keep it up and dont forget to use www.x-cam-editor.de if you need some motivation ;)

Oh yes this is looking awesome! Hope there were other maps like this one, more urban based. 20 x 20 its quite a large terrain considering Altis is 25 km wide inland. About the channels, It would be a good idea if they could be walkable, so they are not very deep, this way gameplay would not be very affected by them as they would be more aesthetically used, I don't think you should delete the water from the channels at all.

The new Fallujah map for ArmA 3!!!

Looks very promising!!!

Wow very impressive. Would love to see this map come to light. Love the sat terrain image. so many possibilities

About the channels, It would be a good idea if they could be walkable, so they are not very deep, this way gameplay would not be very affected by them as they would be more aesthetically used, I don't think you should delete the water from the channels at all.

This is why I am considering removing them, right now it's not working out very well while terrain resolution is 10m cells. I might try increasing the resolution to 5m cells and see if that works, if not I'm going to remove them.

you are one of the best modder here opteryx...surely the best map-maker...im really a fan of iraq settlement and this is pure art=D

I'm confident Al Kut will fast become the most popular ARMA3 map. Please keep us updated with pictures because it will be exciting to watch this map develop, gives us something really nice to look forward to.

Just find this thread and after look at the screenshoot i have to say,oh dear,it's beautiful!

And I think with the existed ISIS mod use on the map we could make a lot of great missions!

Trapezoids

testing some prototype hardened aircraft shelters.

By the way, do you guys think the runways/taxiways should be just a ground texture as in A3 or actual object tiles like in the previous ArmA games?

I think maube I prefer actual object,'cuz I think that should have different surface effect wiht the normal ground(if this could be simulated in Arma3).

And may I ask are those prototype hardened aircraft shelters have underground space?

And may I ask are those prototype hardened aircraft shelters have underground space?

Right now they're just basic model with simple texture, also true underground structures are not possible in ArmA, but you can cheat and make underground structures by making a hole beneath the structure and covering it up.