opteryx

Al Ayadiya, Al Kut & other Iraqi terrain stuff

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Man these look stunning. Youll have to forgive me as I know nothing about Arma building design but i do know that the more House Positions -generally the better. Is it hard and or possible to add positions directly next to murder holes as well as all the windows? AI mods can kinda take over from there to an extent if the position is baked in

That's what I was thinking, but I'm skeptical that they'll actually be able to recognize the small hole in the view geometry LOD and shoot through it.

AI are pretty eager to shoot -youll see them shoot thru walls on balconies etc where they shouldnt even have the ability to push their gun thru that physical barrier. Of course i cant guarantee that it would work but id love it if they did -possibly with forced face direction or having them orient away from center of building

I'll certainly do some experiements on this, but AI pathing is tedious and not high priority at the moment, so it'll be a while til I test it out.

What about adding gunner positions as the murder holes? I swear I've seen it done on some trench models before but I'd have no idea if buildings can have gunner/turret positions added to them.

14 hours ago, beno_83au said:

What about adding gunner positions as the murder holes? I swear I've seen it done on some trench models before but I'd have no idea if buildings can have gunner/turret positions added to them.

Sounds like something that's made in the mission editor.

New building and a rework of an older one

H20a.png

H20b.png

h16a.pngh16b.png

• Like 16

unknown.png

New building with texture variations

• Like 19

h40b.png

9KW8TkG.png

TqwCxiU.pngpqzQcp2.png

Haven't posted here in a while because I took a break and started another project, but I'm quite active on discord if you wanna come check out my other project. Anyway, here's some basic renders of the current stuff I've been working on for Iraq.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Very pleased to see this is still underway mate! Great stuff!

Started work on buildings for old town section of Ayadiah.

h42.png

• Like 12

at this point, BI should hire you to do the Reforger building tutorial. If they are somewhat similar. 

On 8/22/2022 at 10:07 PM, k4ble said:

at this point, BI should hire you to do the Reforger building tutorial. If they are somewhat similar. 

They aren't so it's a lot of work converting stuff. Plus I know there's other people out there way more competent than me to do that.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:07 AM, k4ble said:

I agree, another great artist !! ....pure gold. 👍