opteryx

Al Ayadiya, Al Kut & other Iraqi terrain stuff

holy shit-this came out of nowhere!It looks amazing.only problem is i play SP and I find arma's AI to be,shall we say.....problematic in urban areas.in the open they work well,but in tight streets you quickly find yourself a one man fireteam.Still this looks really good.Any tentative release date?

Added loophole to a building to test the suggestion.

pic 1

pic 2

This is the smallest detail of level design I ever seen in any ArmA EVER. :yay:

pic 1

pic 2

ohh. OOHHH. Beautiful. That looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait for this map. Loving the assets you've got going.

pic 1

pic 2

Love that little detail.... just curious but it is modeled in the geo LOD so that we can shoot through it and use bipods right?

Phenomenal job with those loopholes Opteryx, the bricks on the floor add another level of realism. This is going to be the Holy Grail of urban maps.

LOL, I strongly doubt BI will hire an amature like me who uses Sketchup and Object Builder. Besides, for now I want to put all my focus into my hobby projects.

LOL, I strongly doubt BI will hire an amature like me who uses Sketchup and Object Builder. Besides, for now I want to put all my focus into my hobby projects.

I think you should at the very least PM one of the Devs and have a relaxed chat about the specific requirements for the job. BIS are undoubtedly familiar with your work and well aware you have a lot of fans in the ARMA community. This is just my humble opinion and I won't be offended if you tell me to mind my own business, but I truly believe a person of your ability would be a perfect fit for the job.

this looks amazing.

Will there be vegetation and grass lands (please yes)

mmm lovely! :D I can see this being used regularly when its released, LOVE the irrigation ditches! this is looking like a really nice map here Opteryx :D

Please! Im begging you! Make as many buildings enter able as possible!!

Please! Im begging you! Make as many buildings enter able as possible!!

dude he literally said all of them were about 1 page back ;)

Something I just realized: are the roads really that narrow in Al Kut?

Something I just realized: are the roads really that narrow in Al Kut?
Yup. Especially in the residential/neighborhood areas. Main roads were usually the only wide roadways and were divided by a median. Opteryx knows his mapping very well so I trust he'll take me right back.

Everything is 1:1 size.

Btw, Spaceman0372 have you been there? If you have any photos that can be of help it would be highly appreciated.

Yes, I'm just working on assets so I don't really have any time to update the map because... it needs assets.

Excellent Opteryx, maybe you can release this map step by step or just release the whole thing when you are done 100%. Not sure what you decide but anyway really excited to see the new assets.

Good luck with the objects, looking forward to see they come out on the map, if previous iterations are anything to go by this should be rather something.

Thanks for the work!

This map with new objects and houses shall outstanding , can't wait to see more !