opteryx

Al Ayadiya, Al Kut & other Iraqi terrain stuff

By the way, do you guys think the runways/taxiways should be just a ground texture as in A3 or actual object tiles like in the previous ArmA games?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think objects should mean that you could have a 'noisier' mid-detail texture (because it doesn't display on objects) which goes a long way toward adding visual interest and authenticity to the terrain. If mid-detail is too muted/subtle you get that nude, OFP-look.

By the way, do you guys think the runways/taxiways should be just a ground texture as in A3 or actual object tiles like in the previous ArmA games?
Looking at that image it's a fairly large area, so i'd say as long as it doesn't have too much of a performance impact, go for it. It'll no doubt look way better than just using ground textures.

Opteryx I have a friendly suggestion regarding the map, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to achieve but I will put it forward anyway. One of my favourite features about VBS3 is buildings with loopholes, perhaps you could consider adding this feature to some Al Kut buildings and walls.

https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs3/3-6/manuals/Content/User_Manual/Adv_Features_Infantry_Loophole.htm

Opteryx I have a friendly suggestion regarding the map, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to achieve but I will put it forward anyway. One of my favourite features about VBS3 is buildings with loopholes, perhaps you could consider adding this feature to some Al Kut buildings and walls.

https://manuals.bisimulations.com/vbs3/3-6/manuals/Content/User_Manual/Adv_Features_Infantry_Loophole.htm

That's actually a very good suggestion, it will add another dimension to the battlefield. Might not happen in the initial release, but I will certainly try to implement this idea.

This already looks like its going to be a beautiful map! Looking at the SAT map and your custom buildings, I can already see the level of detail you can put on this map. :D

Agreed!

Can't wait to put my hands on it!

This + RHS = my future campaign

It looks very good Opteryx.

It feels real.

My thoughts exactly, this is first-rate work and it looks incredibly realistic. Thanks for posting pictures Opteryx, this is going to be a dream map for ARMA fans.

Ohh excellent work !!!

Compared to Fallujah(Arma2) how much bigger or smaller is this map?

Great ,with the new stuff it looks more alive.Cant wait to see more :ok:

It's Fallujah on crystal meth. Love how it's coming out! I know you initially said you wouldn't bring all this to A3 standards, but are you going to configure the objects to have the correct materials and all that? For example, glass windows break and/or make glass shatter sound when shot, shooting metal or tin surfaces creates sparks instead of dirt puffs, etc.? Also footstep sounds on different surfaces like concrete and such? Thanks!

Ohh excellent work !!!

Compared to Fallujah(Arma2) how much bigger or smaller is this map?

The terrain itself is 24km, which would make it 4 times larger than the Fallujah map. As for the city, I'm not sure maybe about the same size or maybe a little bit smaller.

It's Fallujah on crystal meth. Love how it's coming out! I know you initially said you wouldn't bring all this to A3 standards, but are you going to configure the objects to have the correct materials and all that? For example, glass windows break and/or make glass shatter sound when shot, shooting metal or tin surfaces creates sparks instead of dirt puffs, etc.? Also footstep sounds on different surfaces like concrete and such? Thanks!

Fine details like that are a plan, but not initially. I have to get most of the content game ready then gradually and incrementally enhance stuff from there on.

Will it require additionnal addons?

Will it require additionnal addons?

No, I am making all the content I need by myself.

Those street view pics are awesome. Cant wait. Are all the buildings enter-able?

Are all the buildings enter-able?

Yes, all buildings are completely open.

• Like 1

Yes, all buildings are completely open.

Dude....!!!

Enterable buildings in a mod from a city I can have hours of fun on :O. Good luck mate.

WOW, By all what you say you made something on me grow big........my excitement.