Sign in to follow this  
panduhh

DLC/Mods Compatibility in server browser

Since 1.42 was released additional compatibility icons have appeared in the clients' server browser in the Expansions box in the lower right corner of the window when a server is selected. What affects the icon status?

I have seen some servers with some DLC green, some with all green, some with no DLC green, some with only mods green (for example, the server we host has a green Epoch icon but all the DLC are red). I've tried experimenting with the -mod parameter at startup on a dedicated server I have on my LAN but that shows no icons at all.

How can I insure a dedicated server correctly lists the status of the DLC/mods we host?

I have the same problem since the last update, all my mods are Red in server browser

EKogx1C.jpg

I didnt had success with -mod parameter on startup line to, i even re-installed my server but with no success to.

I have some people joining the server and asking if mod A or B is supported because it appear red on server browser :\

Could it be that the mission does/does not contain items from these expansions, or that the client themself doesn't own the expansion, but has no choice but to join the server?

Nop, nothing changed in mission / client between updates.

1 minute before update was working

1 minute after the update was not working

Nothing changed, only updated the server trough CMD

Up

No one with this problem ?

I bit more info, i have this on .rpt log

0:35:41 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================

0:35:41 modsReadOnly = false

0:35:41 safeModsActivated = false

0:35:41 customMods = false

0:35:41 hash = '0C3336583A9864808673C91576B20E5C9CE2B841'

0:35:41 hashShort = 'a00dd584'

0:35:41 name | modDir | default | origin | hash | hashShort | fullPath

0:35:41 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0:35:41 Arma 3 DLC Bundle | dlcbundle | true | NOT FOUND | | |

0:35:41 Arma 3 Marksmen | mark | true | GAME DIR | 61fffcfffac61aa05ce164ead604e873d98cf4ad | dd83b917 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\r\9313\mark

0:35:41 Arma 3 Helicopters | heli | true | GAME DIR | 84baa1abbb4bde8400500570de101716861cd167 | ead8cc01 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\r\9313\heli

0:35:41 Arma 3 Karts | kart | true | GAME DIR | 7f4f5b99e2f6be1b038f49e1e85608ee16ec4670 | 49bc7563 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\r\9313\kart

0:35:41 Arma 3 Zeus | curator | true | GAME DIR | a11bd0fd4dbcad3ae474be15610337fef36b01ea | ef8d8177 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\r\9313\curator

0:35:41 Arma 3 | A3 | true | NOT FOUND | | |

0:35:41 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================

Everything is recognized, unless the DLC Bundle, is possible because that ?

Edited by defused

I'm experiencing the same problem since TacBF servers enabled signature check a couple of weeks ago. I also have the DLC bundle and reading this thread makes it my main suspect at the moment since I tried everything else... Se my post over at TacBF forum for more info...

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2365&start=10#p19086

Did some one find a solution to this mystery?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Thanks for the input Jumbo!

I already tried adding "-mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;..." and that didn't work but will try

your suggestion since it also have the "dlcbundle" added and hope thats the problem...

OK, jsut read the OPREP and as far as I understand this should be done on the server side

but I will try it anyway and also inform the admin.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat