Sign in to follow this  
graemeshute

Assistance in updating Ataboo's XM 25 Airbursting Grenade Launcher

Good day

I have been interested in updating Ataboo's XM 25 Airbursting Grenade Launcher for sometime now. But I am very new to ArmA 3 modding scene. I have yet to actually be able to model something in Maya. I am though trying. But there is never a perfect moment to do something so if not why not?

I am though a Graphic Designer with solid experience in Photoshop and Illustrator etc.

My goals are outlined below:

More ammunition types

• Armor Piercing

• Thermobaric

• Flare-from IR to Standard flare colours

• Smoke: Standard smoke grenade colours

• Flechette-Shotgun rounds on steroids!

New features and improvements…if possible

• Airburst (In front of or over aiming point) This used to work.

• Point Detonation

• Point Detonation Delay

• Window (Beyond aiming point)

• Increased magazine size-10 Rounds...they are 25mm in any case.

• Improved textures: OD green, MTP, Tan, Black and CSAT Hex.

• Possible Damage radius increase-My understanding Air bust grenades are more lethal then standard grenades.

• New model...higher poly count. RAS rail system. Aesthetically should look 2035ish.

• Refined HUD includes White Hot, Black Hot. Standard Day and Night vision modes.

• Increase weapon range: The XM25 has an effective range for point targets of 600 meters, and a maximum range for area targets of 700 meters.

• CSAT version...visual difference in model and textures. (Cherry on top).

If anyone is serious and keen to help a noob. Please e mail me at g@guerrilladesign.co.za

Ataboo has released this mod for further development.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20735

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155104-ataboo-s-XM-25-Airbursting-Grenade-Launcher-%28ATA_xm25%29

Nice to see someone finally wanna to do this update,but IMO,from the plan you listed,those plan could also make a new one instead.