Sign in to follow this  
dontknowhow

Star Wars Battlefront: impressive trailer

Yeah so instead of reskinning BF (wich funnily enough would at least mean better gameplay in my book), they went for a weird Call of Duty meets Battlefield mix......

If you listen to people who played this, the overwhelming majority will say that the game has great graphics, great sound (although they don´t deserve much credit for that because you simply can´t fuck up sounds in a Star Wars game if you use the Lucas Arts Sound library) and great atmosphere. But that sensation wears off after an hour tops and then it gets a bit boring, with really bad gameplay, really shitty loadouts, terrible spawns and balance, and really bad gameplay design.

Add to that EA asking full price for an online only game and the inevitable shitload of DLCs....I wouldn´t buy this on release....

Okay so you have a stupid game, great graphics, great sound, Star Wars themed. And maybe it even works, unlike some predecessors.

You think people won't buy it?

But no, it's not for the money. That's poor long term strategy

Of course people will buy it , mainly those on consoles because those guys love Season Passes ...

I guess they are really counting on the Star Wars brand to push sales.....wich it most likely will do.....

I mean imagine this, the full game basically costs 120€!!!!

It's a terrible, terrible, sorry excuse for a game. 

One of my friends put it this way. 

"It'll have no place in history. With all the development, money and marketing behind it, it could easily be argued it's one of the worst games ever made"

I guess they are really counting on the Star Wars brand to push sales.....wich it most likely will do.....

I think it's a major factor. I have to say that it's tempting even for me. But never underestimate the power of eye candy

No server browser and also no voice chat for the PC version.

No server browser and also no voice chat for the PC version.

wow that sucks. Looks like they had more than enough negative feedback. I would be surprised if they didn't put that back in

Man they better get the Voice Chat and private server/battle thing situated soon, that is a huge oversight on their part not having that at launch. Anyway, I made short Trailer for the Empire with Beta footage I collected, 60FPS(No HUD option and zoomed in) Enjoy!

Honestly, where is the value in this? How can they ask 60$ (or 120$) for a MP only game? A mp only game wichs only selling point is the star wars licence! It literally has nothing else to set it apart from other shooters. Everything else in this game is generic and bland....

i'm sorry dcal but i had to mute the sound after just half of that trailer. Distorted sound "music" sounds absolutely horrible, just like it did for trailers for battlefield 3/4.

So they are demanding 50€ for a DLC with a couple of maps, in a game which has a lot less content than its predecessor from a start, and no modding capability. Heck there are still awesome mods being made for Battlefront 2. 

Damn Im starting to love and respect Blizzard again, they demand 40€ for a full expansion for Starcraft 2 and you get a FREE prequel Campaign to get a feeling of what to expect.

And theyre still making patches and some new free content for Diablo 3.

I really forgot when big companies were making big addons instead of tiny DLCs and were offering free demos to test the game before you buy it.