Ammobox Arsenal v.1.1

bahuw1ijxmgsihpzg.jpg

DOWNLOAD:
Version 1.1 is available here;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz337dz75usfzc6/@BB_AA.zip

Armaholic link is here;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28604

RATIONALE:
This is a small addon that I have put together for the group that I game with. The Ammobox Arsenal simply assigns a new action to any of the vanilla ammoboxes and ammo trucks in the game. As well, version 1.1 adds "Temporary Ammobox", an action that allows you to retrieve your Arsenal loadouts in any mission, even without an ammobox nearby. "Temporary Ammobox" only functions for the first 4 minutes of any mission.

USAGE:
Walk up to a crate, box or truck and select the action "Ammobox Arsenal". This will open the BIS Arsenal Function and allow you to build and retrieve your loadouts. The call for the BIS Arsenal Function is not limited to side and is not restricted to vanilla items only. "Temporary Ammobox" will also appear in your action menu and will be available during the first 4 minutes in any mission.

MEDIA:

8semlllpfsza4j9zg.jpg

Video is

BACKGROUND:
I took inspiration from a block of code written by "Balian" and featured in TheSwissMaverick's youtube tutorial on adding Virtual Arsenal to existing ammoboxes in your mission via the init.sqf file in your mission directory - you can see that video here;

I was unable to get Virtual Arsenal Anywhere or Personal Arsenal working on my install of the game. I would press "U" and nothing would happen. As well, while my group is certainly not a milsim purist group, there was some discussion around at least needing an ammobox or ammo truck to get your loadouts - a small nod to immersion and reality-ish-ness. So this is the final product - you have full access to the BIS Virtual Arsenal so long as you have an ammobox or ammo source.

LIMITATIONS:
The added action is placed on any vanilla BIS ammobox or ammo source, I didn't bother to include other, non-standard sources. If I erred and there are compatibility or addon issues, please send them my way. Units that will have the action assigned to them include;

Box_NATO_Wps_F
Box_NATO_Wps
Box_NATO_Ammo_F
Box_NATO_AmmoOrd_F
Box_NATO_Grenades_F
Box_NATO_Support_F
Box_East_Wps_F
Box_East_WpsSpecial_F
Box_East_Ammo_F
Box_East_AmmoOrd_F
Box_East_Grenades_F
Box_East_Support_F
Box_Ammo_F
Box_Wps_F
Land_Box_AmmoOld_F
Box_NATO_WpsLaunch_F
Box_East_WpsLaunch_F
Box_East_AmmoVeh_F
Box_IND_Wps_F
Box_IND_WpsSpecial_F
Box_IND_WpsLaunch_F
Box_IND_Ammo_F
Box_IND_AmmoOrd_F
Box_IND_Grenades_F
Box_IND_Support_F
Box_IND_AmmoVeh_F
B_supplyCrate_F
O_supplyCrate_F
I_supplyCrate_F
Box_NATO_AmmoVeh_F
IG_supplyCrate_F
C_supplyCrate_F
Special_FB_Truck_01_ammo_F
O_Truck_03_ammo_F
O_Truck_02_Ammo_F
O_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F
O_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_black_F
B_Slingload_01_Ammo_F
Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F
Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F
AmmoCrates_NoInteractive_Large
AmmoCrates_NoInteractive_Medium
AmmoCrates_NoInteractive_Small
AmmoCrate_NoInteractive_
Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F
AmmoCrate_NoInteractive_
I_CargoNet_01_ammo_F
O_CargoNet_01_ammo_F
B_CargoNet_01_ammo_F
Box_FIA_Ammo_F
Box_FIA_Support_F
Box_FIA_Wps_F
Box_IND_Support_F
Box_East_Support_F
Box_NATO_Support_F

CHANGELOG

1.1 - "Tempoary Arsenal" function added - provides Arsenal for the first 4 min at mission start
1.1 - data clean-up and classname additions of objects also include in "ammo" category
Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F
AmmoCrate_NoInteractive_
Land_Pallet_MilBoxes_F
AmmoCrate_NoInteractive_
I_CargoNet_01_ammo_F
O_CargoNet_01_ammo_F
B_CargoNet_01_ammo_F
Box_FIA_Ammo_F
Box_FIA_Support_F
Box_FIA_Wps_F
Box_IND_Support_F
Box_East_Support_F
Box_NATO_Support_F

Enjoy and go ahead and use this if it meets your needs. Thanks again to everyone in this community and on the forums for providing such great support and resources. Special mention to NemesisPDX for feedback and suggestions.

Theoplus AKA JESTER at Battleboys Gaming

Edited by theopolus
version update
  • Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

i'm wondering to the possible use like 3d class system in respawn point

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Theopolus;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

i'm wondering to the possible use like 3d class system in respawn point

Zukov, if what you're wondering about is something like a PvP style launch into the Virtual Arsenal each time the player respawns, then that should be entirely possible. You wouldn't need to modify the addon, you could likely handle this more easily using EventHandlers - this BIS resource provides a good explanation.

Use a trigger to call arsenal once the condition "MPRespawn" eventhandler has been met. Activation would be to spawn arsenal;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arsenal

something like that, if I'm understanding what you're getting at.

: )

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys Gaming

I have noticed a graphics glitch associated with opening the Ammobox Arsenal. Looks like all the hidden windows for items borders are showing up when you open the AA.

Also, I was wondering if leaving the AA out of the various Cargo Nets, Support boxes, and the Huron Cargo Container was on purpose? Or did you just missed them?

I was looking for something like this to keep my players from changing gear 'on the fly' with Virtual Arsenal Anywhere - this fits the bill perfectly!

KUDOS! +100

I have noticed a graphics glitch associated with opening the Ammobox Arsenal. Looks like all the hidden windows for items borders are showing up when you open the AA.

Also, I was wondering if leaving the AA out of the various Cargo Nets, Support boxes, and the Huron Cargo Container was on purpose? Or did you just missed them?

I was looking for something like this to keep my players from changing gear 'on the fly' with Virtual Arsenal Anywhere - this fits the bill perfectly!

KUDOS! +100

NemesisPDX, thanks for the input and could you post a screenshot of the graphics glitch? I'm not seeing it on my end or it's always looked like this for me and I haven't known any better.

As far as cargo net, support boxes and cargo containers, I debated adding the function and decided to not do so. My reasoning was that there were plenty of other ammo containers that would more than suffice for most groups and I was going to limit it to ammo containers.

If one were interested in modifying the list (either expanding or shrinking it) it's as simple as adding to or taking away from the array that the addon uses. Right now the array is in the "init.sqf" file in the pbo and it looks like this;

["B_Truck_01_ammo_F","B_Slingload_01_Ammo_F","I_Truck_02_ammo_F","O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","Land_Pod_Heli_Transport_04_ammo_F","O_Truck_03_ammo_F","Box_IND_Ammo_F","Box_East_Ammo_F","Box_NATO_Ammo_F","Box_IND_Wps_F","Box_East_Wps_F","Box_NATO_Wps_F","Box_IND_AmmoOrd_F","Box_East_AmmoOrd_F","Box_NATO_AmmoOrd_F","Box_FIA_Ammo_F","Box_FIA_Support_F","Box_FIA_Wps_F","Box_IND_Grenades_F","Box_East_Grenades_F","Box_NATO_Grenades_F","Box_IND_WpsLaunch_F","Box_East_WpsLaunch_F","Box_NATO_WpsLaunch_F","Box_IND_WpsSpecial_F","Box_East_WpsSpecial_F","Box_NATO_WpsSpecial_F","I_supplyCrate_F","O_supplyCrate_F","B_supplyCrate_F","Box_IND_AmmoVeh_F","Box_East_AmmoVeh_F","Box_NATO_AmmoVeh_F"]

If you wanted to add a object's classname to that array you would need a de-PBO'ing tool like eliteness to open it up, alter the array to your liking and then re-PBO it with something like BinPBO. As well, the most helpful "how to" that I found on the process of making / modifying addons like this came from a post by Loyalguard several years ago - still useful and found here.

If you were interested in modifying it, it wouldn't be hard. One weird thing that happened to me using BinPBO, it saves your first / last set of files that you pack into a PBO in the "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\ARMAaddons" directory and basically packs these files every time you run the program - regardless of where you point it. Solution is to navigate to that directory and delete the temp files each time you run it - therefore, you will be packing only the new / intended files.

Anyway, you didn't ask for a "how to" but figured if you wanted to add / delete objects from the array, here are the tools to do so. Thanks again for your input and send up a screenshot of the glitch when you get a chance.

Thepolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys Gaming

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the mention! I'm not a programmer, so I can't figure out this stuff by myself. I just tried the new version (1.1) and don't see the graphics glitch anymore (maybe my settings). Thanks for clearing up why some boxes weren't included in the AA. I would suggest (if 1.1 hasn't done it already) that you include the AA for all the cargo nets as they have all the different individual boxes in the container and also the support boxes just to make it all inclusive. Thanks for all your hard work! Lock and load!