Sign in to follow this  
John Kozak

"Virtual entity" shader from before 1.38

If anyone can remember, before version 1.38, virtual entities were looking like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Now, the shader seems to have changed to a uniform white one (see Marksmen's arsenal)

Does anyone know where I can find the old shader? I'd like to see how it was done.

If anyone can remember, before version 1.38, virtual entities were looking like this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ASETuFJlnR4/maxresdefault.jpg

Now, the shader seems to have changed to a uniform white one (see Marksmen's arsenal)

Does anyone know where I can find the old shader? I'd like to see how it was done.

It is a bit more difficult than it seems - VR Entities in Arsenal use different materials set than standard ones to provide clear distinction of part hit by testing fire. Inserting an Entity in Editor should result in proper coloured version of the VR Entity according to side. Please, bear in mind that the shader has changed a bit to fit the VR environment better, so it is not exactly as in the picture :icon_twisted:

Hi pettka,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes, I have noticed that the shader has changed - previously it was a kind of "ghostly", shimmerting and semi-transparent, now it looks more like a solid material. Actually, what I'm looking for *is* the old shader (like the one on the screenshot) - I'm looking into possibly using that or similar technique into something like active camouflage.

Is there a way to somehow extract it, perhaps it is preserved somewhere in game files or some forgotten Steam 1.36 beta or in old sources?

Much appreciated!