22 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

You little sneaky peeky devil....how do you come up with those things?..HAHAHAHAHAHA....

You're Nr. ONE dude!!!

He's the snake whisperer, after all...

Cheers

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

hahaha...you don't know the half of it unless you've seen the outro to Last Tango in Tanoa - Episode 1 (hint: a new take on a very old American joke).  C'mon Grumpy, give it a whirl!  I'd love to hear your feedback.  It's short:  about 30 minutes.

Actually, because I am the "snake whisperer" lol, that's EXACTLY why I am experimenting with applying snake textures to uniforms.  Snakes are a theme of one of my campaign's adversaries, and I'm hoping for snake outfits for his minions.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

It's short:  about 30 minutes.

I'll do it in 5.

Spoiler

Gonna give it a whirl

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....THAT was a truly fun moment...hahahahahaha...i was hooked to Mabunga right there!!!!!.....Snake whisperers...hahahhahha....you guys are the best!!!

• Like 2

class cfgWeapons {
class U_B_CombatUniform_mcam;

class adv_retex_u_CombatUniform_wdl: U_B_CombatUniform_mcam {
	displayName = "Combat Fatigues (Woodland)";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_wdl_co.paa"};
};
};

... creates a duplicate of U_B_CombatUniform_mcam with the right classname but without applying the "a3\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing_wdl_co.paa"-texture. Any idea, why?

11 minutes ago, Belbo said:

hiddenSelectionsTextures[]

Maybe that value expects an array, but you are assigning it a single string value?

18 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Maybe that value expects an array, but you are assigning it a single string value?

Nope, it's an array. That's how hiddenSelectionsTextures[] work.

For reference, this is the U_B_CombatUniform_mcam's original entry:

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\data\suitpack_soldier_blufor_co.paa"};

It does all work - the class is properly overwritten and is listed in the config viewer with the right texture path, but the texture is still not shown.

#edit: alright. Configuring a uniform is not enough, you have to create a soldier to bring your uniform texture in the game: https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:config:stiltman-retexturing-tutorial#uniforms

• Like 1

The Snake Whisperer strikes again:  Here's an example of a applying a custom texture to make your own uniform.   This is a character in the next episode of Last Tango in Tanoa (rate it on Steam so I can win a steak dinner...I'm running out of time!).

I've pixelated this so I don't trigger @froggyluv or @Grumpy Old Man

snakeshirt.jpg

Here's the command to set the texture:

RicoSuave setObjectTextureGlobal [ 0, "JBOY\Textures\snakeWomanArtVertical3a.jpg"];

• Like 2

Rico Suave hahaha le gustan las chicas y serpientes.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

The Snake Whisperer strikes again:  Here's an example of a applying a custom texture to make your own uniform.   This is a character in the next episode of Last Tango in Tanoa (rate it on Steam so I can win a steak dinner...I'm running out of time!).

snakeshirt.jpg

Here's the command to set the texture:

RicoSuave setObjectTextureGlobal [ 0, "JBOY\Textures\snakeWomanArtVertical3a.jpg"];

Moi?? Triggered??                                                                                        *sudden urge for milk intensifies*

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

13 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Moi?? Triggered??                                                                                        *sudden urge for milk intensifies*

Wrong cat.

pRYY5ND.jpg

Cheers

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Wrong cat.

The cat shirt is now officially in my next mission!!!   :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 25-11-2016 at 10:29 AM, somesangheili said:

this addHeadgear "H_BandMask_demon"; 

Here's an untextured helmet model not used in the game.

I've tried retexturing this helmet model, but it doesn't seem to allow it (other helmet works just fine).

That said, I'm pretty much a newbie at this.

Was anybody able to retexture this model?

Is it necessary to edit the .p3d file to get this to work (which I guess is not possible since it's binarized).

14 hours ago, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

I've tried retexturing this helmet model, but it doesn't seem to allow it (other helmet works just fine).

Is it necessary to edit the .p3d file to get this to work (which I guess is not possible since it's binarized).

Doubt you can retexture a helmet without a mod if that's what you mean.

Other than that it's also possible that the helmet is only a placeholder and something in the config might very well prevent a retexturing from happening.

All helmets with baseclass of "H_BandMask_blk" seem to default to a placeholder model.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Yes with a mod I meant.

I think the .p3d doesn't have the texture selections set up in model builder.

I can't verify or change this as it is binarized, and I don't think i can make a mod using edited binarized assets by BIS.

Hi All - I just whant to share with you that I successfully created a CSAT Zamak MRL

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'a3\soft_f_beta\Truck_02\data\truck_02_kab_OPFOR_CO.paa'];
this setObjectTextureGlobal [2,'a3\soft_f_gamma\Truck_02\Data\Truck_02_MRL_OPFOR_CO.paa']; 

CSAT_Zamak_MRL.jpg?dl=0

Cheers!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 25/5/2018 at 12:20 AM, Sgt. Dennenboom said:

try with light helmet's textures and materials seems have the same UV map

I am a mission maker and I have been looking for cool new ways to change up the missions for my unit, thanks for the scripts, I plan to use them for my missions :)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, J.Starling said:

I am a mission maker and I have been looking for cool new ways to change up the missions for my unit, thanks for the scripts, I plan to use them for my missions :)

Welcome to the forums and the wild world of ARMA mission editing.  Be careful, it can be addicting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Be careful, it can be addicting.

:yeahthat:

:smiley-evil:

• Haha 2

On 3. 5. 2018 at 11:37 PM, Igor Nikolaev said:

It's fully a uniform afaik. And, what is more interesting, the shemagh is a part of it.  You can spawn an example using createSimpleObject, the 3D model is named as "a3\characters_f\OPFOR\o_paramilitary.p3d".

Shemag is not part of the uniform for the some time already. (Also no vest on model, just belt).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kllrt said:

Shemag is not part of the uniform for the some time already. (Also no vest on model, just belt).

download Aegis mod (i don't remenber if beta or dev version) nigth515 has enabled a lot of stuff and this clothes. and the orthodox priest too

Also I looked into those "placeholder" models and made some little tweaks :f:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kllrt said:

Also I looked into those "placeholder" models and made some little tweaks :f:

Does that mean we will see these in vanilla Arma3 in a future update?