Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Hide/Remove BIS Heal Actions (or any BIS Actions)

I've searched for threads on this, but I can't seem to find an answer to it.

Is there a way to remove BIS actions such as "Treat self" from the action menu?

You cannot hide/remove any predefined "BIS actions" like primary/secondary weapon, heal etc. using removeAction because they are not added with SQF, but in the game's internals (supposedly C++).

You will notice that if you use addAction after mission start. The value returned by it will be 0 (or 1, can't remember at which number it starts) so there is no way to remove other actions than those added with addAction.

Damnit! I know I can disable these actions if I use addons, but that's not a viable solution here.

thanks for the answer.

Not sure if it's much use to you (depending on the situation) but you could use 'showHud false'. Again, this would only be practical for a cutscene or something similar.

Remove all medipacks

Not a solution if you wish to use fak/medikit as a part of a scripted healing action.

It'd be great if bis added two other classes which are identical to the fak and medikit, but don't have any actions associated (this was my solution via addons - but I'm not using addons anymore as it basically cuts public traffic by 99%)

Just don't make the player a medic. Then the medikit is a worthless lump of plastic.

Ok, but the fak still provides and option to heal.

I don't see why BIS couldn't offer a scripting command to disable their heal actions or provide classes without scripted elements.

The duplicate class change would take 5 minutes max (how long it took me)