Sign in to follow this  
DJankovic

Next DLC poll what would you want it to be??

What would you like for the next dlc to be  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like for the next dlc to be

• Infantry focused DLC (similar to marksman)
    • APC,Tanks any type of transport vehicle DLC
    • Fixed wing DLC
    • Naval DLC(big ships,submarines
    • Other(share your ideas)

So you mean a DLC of similarly narrow scope versus the broader-shipped Expansion DLC?

You guys saying stuff like this and general 'AI DLC' aren't paying attention to how updates work in this game. Obviously if there were improvements or 'overhauls' to fundamental things like AI, or of the GUI, those things would be included in a free update for everyone, not restricted to DLC content. That wouldn't make any sense.

features are "free", content is paid. I'm interested in the "free" gameplay improvements that the dlc have been bringing (afm, weapon resting, etc).

Bohemia's scheme, not mine. But, that's exactly how their updates work. They sell "content" packs at full price and provide new features and functionality as a "free" update. They are the ones who suggest the DLC content is what gives them the means to continue adding new features and functionality to the game. For *me*, the DLC have merely been a vehicle for them to add long-requested gameplay features and functionality. I've just not been interested in the paid content packs they've been releasing (though the marksmen weapons look pretty cool from what I've seen of them).

I'd wager what the majority of people like most about the DLC isn't the paid content, but the features that get added along with that content... i.e. advanced flight model that folks originally anticipated being a part of the original release, weapon resting and bipod deployment (the #1 feature request on the bug tracker for a3), etc, etc.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to bohemia's dlc strategy instead of making assumptions that "content" is the only motivating force in people's requests for DLC. Bohemia may give the features as a "free" update, but they have been very clear that those features and gameplay improvements are tied to their ability to sell the content portion.

I would really like to see some fictitious units of various types, both opfor and blufor.

And with that a less conventional and less homogeneous range of attire and equipment, more along the lines of neo-conventional heroes and villains as seen in the likes of games such as the Metal Gear Solid series, and Army of Two.

Just cool looking attire and equipment to brighten up the battlefield.

I know that goes against the grain of what many people want, but we have so many mod authors working hard creating that sort of thing as it is.

but we have so many mod authors working hard creating that sort of thing as it is.

The quality is all over the place... so thats hardly a substitute for high quality content

The quality is all over the place... so thats hardly a substitute for high quality content

A lot of people seemed to want conventional 90s/00s era equipment, I'm sure if BI were to basically do some infantry DLC of that nature it'd sell.

Still, RHS escalation seems pretty damn good to me, for my tastes their quality of work does not seem to be lacking, but some people might disagree.

I'd still like to see some niche content such as a conventional or near-future hero/villain type pack, just for fun.

I really quite liked some of the more fantastic armor/gear sets/combinations seen in games such as Rainbow Six Vegas 2, for example.

Edited by Pd3

A lot of people seemed to want conventional 90s/00s era equipment, I'm sure if BI were to basically do some infantry DLC of that nature it'd sell.
On the other hand, BI's stance on such equipment is "vehicle wrecks and antiques for local guerrillas" (seriously, the 'antique rifle' bit was outright stated by the creative director about a hypothetical Dragunov/the eventually-chosen Mk14)...

On the other hand, BI's stance on such equipment is "vehicle wrecks and antiques for local guerrillas" (seriously, the 'antique rifle' bit was outright stated by the creative director about a hypothetical Dragunov/the eventually-chosen Mk14)...

My response to that essentially would be that if end-users are dissatisfied enough with what is being offered, a shift will inevitably happen. I can't really comment on that in particular except state generally that it's a good idea to make things people actually want.

That being said, I know of few developers who seem to pay attention to what small groups of users want more than BI does, but nobody's perfect.

There were people who were keen on the custom memory allocators made and they caught on to that really fast, even though it didn't seem like a massively adopted thing.

My response to that essentially would be that if end-users are dissatisfied enough with what is being offered, a shift will inevitably happen. I can't really comment on that in particular except state generally that it's a good idea to make things people actually want.

That being said, I know of few developers who seem to pay attention to what small groups of users want more than BI does, but nobody's perfect.

There were people who were keen on the custom memory allocators made and they caught on to that really fast, even though it didn't seem like a massively adopted thing.

Why are you so sure 'most' do actually want 'modern' era equipment?

"I'm with the majority" feeling is quite unreliable, you know. This has been discussed times and times here - a lot of people are fine with the setting.

Custom memory allocators, on the other hand, are one of possible ways to actually improve game for everyone - regardless of whether they genuinely enjoy the game or just try to force their views on others.

P.S. Not even mentioning the fact that the quoted statement is off-topic here

Edited by DarkWanderer

I'd like to see a new map that is broken into many islands and some warships. I mean squad sized vessels that have armaments like AA missiles, autocannons, large missiles and even crew machineguns.

Also multirole fighters and most of all getting rid of outdated 2D weapon optics... They don't look good at all after 3D scopes came. And when TMR optics mod or A2 scopeFX mod show they can be done better than flat texture.

Makes me wan't to cry when using them and I was kinda disappointed when marksmen DLC new optics wen't a step backward by being same old flat 2D instead animating new and old ones or going straight to sexy 3D :butbut:

E: Oh yeah, oilrig, we totally need one at the sea!

Edited by oggoeg

I would prefer if BI would focus on debugging and improving infantry and armor AI before delivering a few additional guns, unit textures and shiny tanks.

It is very frustrating to see all the content, when it actually cannot be put to use in missions as it should be.

There are still many show stoppers rendering the creation of good combined arms scenarios a pain:

- driving AI (!)

- APC tactics

- MBT AI

- super-human detection skills of vehicle gunners

If those issues do not get fixed the delivery of new toys for the sandbox tends to be frustrating.

Don't want anymore content. Just want 64bit or at least start using more than one CPU properly.

Don't want anymore content. Just want 64bit or at least start using more than one CPU properly.

That's not a DLC. That's like an Engine Update or something. Bound to happen one day... Maybe... Likely not, but maybe.

i would like to see a "better physics" dlc, which makes this game playable

never seen a game with that bad physics

i would like to see a "better physics" dlc, which makes this game playable

never seen a game with that bad physics

Better environment physics and better vehicle simulation would be nice for sure. Tanks still feel a bit too 'arcadey' for a game of this caliber. Also to bring aircraft simulation to level of some older PC flight combat sims like Falcon 4.0. I'm sure the dedicated ArmA players would like that a lot.

Edited by noob1