Sign in to follow this  
DJankovic

Next DLC poll what would you want it to be??

What would you like for the next dlc to be  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like for the next dlc to be

• Infantry focused DLC (similar to marksman)
    • APC,Tanks any type of transport vehicle DLC
    • Fixed wing DLC
    • Naval DLC(big ships,submarines
    • Other(share your ideas)

Performance being worked on, always, feedback helps with that. PhysX is well and working, there's just not enough gameplay mechanic to show it off. Take my Naval idea, and PhysX would shine with the ability to transport good over water, and possibly loose some to rough waves because of beautiful PhysX. Or land based transport. If there was a forklift, some crates have wooden pallets underneath, perfect for that kind of lifter.

The vehicle simulation (particulary for tanks) is not working correctly, that's why tanks behave so retarded at times and can be a bit frustrating to use. Add to that suboptimal AI and you end up with a little shit cocktail.

Ok maybe a bit harsh, but physx definitely could do with more refinement on the vehicle side. And it's not like the problems/ reasons for failing behaviour are unknown. I reported many of them and repeatedly mention them, but nothing is done.

I'm really hoping that after or inbetween the expansion they will do something about it. If it's part of a DLC i dont really care. I would be happy to pay for extra vehicle features and fixes... A game won't shine if certain parts polished and polished again while others are are simply forgotten/ignored. Live configurable PhysX joints... better damage handling system (no hollywood explosions all the time anymore), those kind of things.

Edited by Fennek

Development Branch. When certain feedback is given regarding things that make the game lag, it's looked at, some of the time it can be optimized or fixed to where it's either improved FPS when said thing happens, or say for example, looking down your scope, you magnify everything which brings up the detail of objects, which brings down FPS. Now, i think in one of the updates, you look down your scope, it magifies objects, but only the ones in your cone of view, are more detailed, to provide better FPS, and the objects behind you are low detail, or not visible becau se your not looking that way. (i could be wrong, but i remember looking down scope, and spinning fastly to see objects quickly re-appearing in my view before i noticed it had not been there)

On another note, the US Navy/British Navy, are both well on their way to implementation of Railgun technology. Techology that is modern, and yet, not present in 2035 Armaverse.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Perhaps they will come up with something come the expansion. I remember in Alpha, it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to run Altis on my PC. Now i can run it on Standard settings, certain things Ultra, with around 5000-8000 view distance.

Thats a bug, not a performance increase, not to mention looking down scopes can still screw the game up.

Have they even fixed the FOV issue with scopes yet?

Thats a bug, not a performance increase, not to mention looking down scopes can still screw the game up.

Have they even fixed the FOV issue with scopes yet?

To be honest, i would have to check. If i had to guess, no.

I'd almost forgot about Physx in this game. I definitely think improving it via a logistics DLC would be good. They could include not only military vehicles, but also civie vehicles so it might sell a bit better to those Altis Life people. It would have trucks, smaller boats and some sort of lifting mechanism's such as a forklift truck and a crane.

Dan;2924858'] civie vehicles so it might sell a bit better to those Altis Life people.

Yea lets hope that does not happen.

Having a civilian expansion or focus on civilian assets would be a huge betrayal of what Arma has been and would probably not go well with the community, especially with the state of content in Arma 3.

Having a civilian expansion or focus on civilian assets would be a huge betrayal of what Arma has been and would probably not go well with the community, especially with the state of content in Arma 3.

Speak for yourself there man. Civs are massively under-represented in this game.

To be honest, all sides have been skimped on, but I still don't see why it would be a "betrayal" to include some more civ-pop assets.

I'm for one still waiting for a new battle-bus to arrive, a modern one from BIS onto Altian soil. :D So lets have BIS hit us with more civilian assets eh. I for one do welcome those, but besides that, as I said before, more Navy stuff is all the more welcome too! :) But to put it in BIS their own words: Let's make it Splendid! (does anyone care to find me that lost trademark logo?) ;)

Speak for yourself there man. Civs are massively under-represented in this game.

To be honest, all sides have been skimped on, but I still don't see why it would be a "betrayal" to include some more civ-pop assets.

As they should be. Military simulator thus it should be vastly about military assets.

I vote for less DLCs and more Expansions with new Settings like 80s War or WW2. More DLC just seems like a good way to "soft-fragment" the community in multiplayer and add entropy.

More DLC just seems like a good way to "soft-fragment" the community in multiplayer and add entropy.

I don't think you thought that through. Expansion hard-fragment the community in multiplayer. So how are DLC worse?

DLCs are tiny differences, and there are potentially a lot of them. I already see lots of servers with DLC content in the missions, and while it may not be that bad right now, it will pile up the more DLC is coming out.

Expansions would be few and have large differences, and they offer more value in my opinion. I would pay more for a proper expansion than for a DLC that gives me "a slightly different kind of item X".

It may be that an expansion would "hard fragment", but that is debatable as well. If someone enjoys playing an Arma game in the context of what Arma3 offers, but also enjoys playing a different theatre ( 80s / WW2 ), that doesn't mean he won't come back and play the base Arma3 theatre or switch between them.

I'm just not a big fan of small DLC packs and jonesing for some different officially developed theatres ;)

This is far reaching,

but I dream of seeing update which would bring all the RHS: Escalation into Official game.

RHS won the MANW contest. In the MANW live stream, BIS praised it for being high quality and high quantity. Many of its weapons and vehicles had close attention to detail.

Moreover its not unusual for games to make good mods official content.

Lets take a look at "Mount and Warband" for example. The community built a mod called "Mount and Musket" which converted the medieval warfare into musket warfare.

The mod was so successful that the game developers officially added it into the game. They worked with the modders to polish it up, and in 2012 they released officially

BIS pls :3

I'd love to see more attention to autonomous vehicles and overall "future" warfare, because real modern warfare is already drones, railguns and lasers.

As they should be. Military simulator thus it should be vastly about military assets.

So.. asymmetric warfare is not included in this?

So.. asymmetric warfare is not included in this?

Insurgent forces, and guerrilla forces don't use Military hardware ?

Insurgent forces, and guerrilla forces don't use Military hardware ?

Sure they do.. but these forces can start as civilians no? I understand what you are trying to say however my point is having civilian units does not detract from the "military simulator".

Besides, performance...

I wouldn't mind seeing an "Advanced Interaction / Tactical Combat" DLC of some sort. Something that adds more comprehensive medical system options, logistics, comms, overhauls the interaction ui and menus, and generally creates a more robust, immersive, user-friendly, and feature rich way of interacting with the world and with other soldiers (both players, and AI).

Something that places an emphasis on team play and cooperation.

Naval sounds cool as well. Perhaps the expansion will begin to flesh out that world. They added underwater gameplay for Arma 3, but it seems they have never taken advantage of the possibilities for content and gameplay features that such an environment could provide.

We already know that the next dlc will take the form a fully fledged expansion, based upon a new terrain. BIS do a fantastic job of communicating their plans, although I wish they'd hurry up and announce the type of terrain they're currently building.

I wouldn't mind seeing an "Advanced Interaction / Tactical Combat" DLC of some sort. Something that adds more comprehensive medical system options, logistics, comms, overhauls the interaction ui and menus, and generally creates a more robust, immersive, user-friendly, and feature rich way of interacting with the world and with other soldiers (both players, and AI).

You guys saying stuff like this and general 'AI DLC' aren't paying attention to how updates work in this game. Obviously if there were improvements or 'overhauls' to fundamental things like AI, or of the GUI, those things would be included in a free update for everyone, not restricted to DLC content. That wouldn't make any sense.

I think any DLC bi release adds greatly to the game, maybe not as sexy as some DLC requests but personally at this time I would like a uniform pack, something similar to Ketsu corp (maybe name wrong) where mission makers can create more diverse scenarios without the need for mods.

Just a few more variations on generic military and combat gear.

We already know that the next dlc will take the form a fully fledged expansion, based upon a new terrain. BIS do a fantastic job of communicating their plans, although I wish they'd hurry up and announce the type of terrain they're currently building.

A lot of guys on forum is mistaking about DLC and EXPANSION, after marksman DLC there will be expansion but this thread is not for EXPANSION it is about what is comming after the expansion there will be more DLC`s so i started this thread like i mentioned on page 3 or 4 so we can share our thoughts what would we want to see in next DLC on what thing would we like for the devs to focus(if anything :) ) now EXPANSION is comming latter this year witch will bring us Small and Big map(how bis always does it) and lot of new stuff. Just want to explain that this thread is about DLC`s and judging to the previus dlc`s it seems that in the future developers will be focusing on certain part of the game. And that is why i placed a poll there to choose one of my thoughts or sugest one of yours