Sign in to follow this  
DJankovic

Next DLC poll what would you want it to be??

What would you like for the next dlc to be  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like for the next dlc to be

• Infantry focused DLC (similar to marksman)
    • APC,Tanks any type of transport vehicle DLC
    • Fixed wing DLC
    • Naval DLC(big ships,submarines
    • Other(share your ideas)

but I was thinking something more complex and closer to ACE 2s artillery while not being that extensive if they are afraid of scaring the users not that artillery should be easy to use it very much shouldn't it is complex and deep irl.
I believe that you underestimate the effectiveness of simply turning off the point-and-click interface (or rather, of vanilla artillery with the point and click interface disabled by default) for achieving "more skill required".

I think the naval stuff could be cool, but it's ultimately a lot like the underwater combat. Sounds cool but how much use will it get? I play co-op with Simhq.com and we do have a few missions where we make use of the scuba stuff, but it's just for infil/exfil.

How many guys playing coop out there 1) have enough people on the server to populate large ships while still having ground forces and 2) have missions in which they could be useful for more then a few minutes, while the rest of the time people sit bored on the boat?

Wasteland, and a few other TvT tactical gamemodes could make great use of this. My group, which you can count as "guys out there", would join a team. However, for example like in Wasteland, you don't have to work with anyone else. We usually create our own group and operate within our own terms unless something serious is going down in which the local ground forces need assistance. Naval assets could be an important go to strategy for many reasons in that case, you can store supplies out at sea, and use it as a base of operations/command center that is mobile. It doesn't have to be a large ship, as Arma will probably never support them. A medium ship is another story. Ships can be made so big, due to modeling limitations, and having seen one of the biggest practical models, it's well within doable and scope of things.

As a DLC? No idea... The seas of Arma have been dead an in need of a revamp... But i suppose money would be the only way to get it fixed in any case... However, as a DLC, it would mean those who are even interested in more "Special" Operations, would buy, and others who could care less, wouldn't mind. They could see it, attack it, but they don't need to use it. As for features that would come with a Naval DLC of any kind, i would imagine smoother Roadway LOD design, much of like that ASDG has displayed with his Mk V. Soc. alone. We have Tanks, APC's, Land Transports, Jets, Heli's, Lots of Gear, A Big Island Surrounded by water... And we have this... Not impressive, at all, especially for an Open Military Sandbox like Arma. Naval was one of the top 3 reasons i bought this game. -.-#

A DLC thread thinly disguised as a wishlist. Not unlike

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189442-What-faction-would-you-want-next

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125819-ArmA-3-Community-wishes-amp-ideas-NO-DISCUSSION&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190873-A-List-of-Naval-Assets-That-Would-boost-the-Naval-Scene-of-Arma-3&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190648-Content-for-Expansion&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190132-what-cheap-immersion-features-would-be-good-for-Arma&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185497-What-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-expansion&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190034-What-game-features-would-you-pay-money-for&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188689-Poolpunks-Wishlist-and-Object-Collection&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183822-Would-you-donate-to-a-bounty-to-expedite-fixing-some-major-in-game-issues-via-a-Patch&highlight=wishlist

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177900-What-features-are-fundamental-to-the-Marksman-DLC-%28no-speculation%29&highlight=wishlist

Oh i'm sorry, i didn't realize my detailed insight of Naval Assets was a wishlist thread. I was extrmely out of it when i made the Title, which sounds like a "wish" Title, but it's actually got important information, and is not a "Oooo, want this, and this, and this too, oh and that as well"...

The thing is, that you do seem to appear in these sorts of thread quite often.

The thing is, that you do seem to appear in these sorts of thread quite often.

Your right. I love to speculate, and provide facts. I come to these threads to request cool stuff. In my own threads, i stay with facts. Of course, expect for the last one i did, where i had people guess what guns were going to show up in the Marksman. Aside from that, it's ok for people to request Naval relate stuff here while i try to keep it on topic in my thread regarding the issues with the current naval scene.

On topic of this thread however... Animation DLC. Lol, yes. The ability to have proper animations of everything animation related. Smooth transitions from different actions, no more clunkyness of vaulting, stopping, lowering weapon and continuing to run forward for another few seconds, or bringing out binoculars and repeating a stand up animation. A DLC that fixes issues with holding a large MMG with one hand like some kind of boss, and fixes the reload animation that fixes character and weapon syncs, so that it's not just a magical teleporting mag, and well orchestrated syncing of different moving parts, but rather actual animations of taking empty mag and replacing it with a new one, smoothly.

A naval DLC would be nice, but i'd also go for some transport planes or even better, a 'logistics' DLC. It would have physx improvements for transporting stuff on land, sea and air. It could include stuff that could be used in 'life' missions (they'll sell more copies then) such as normal transport trucks and then you could use it on the speedboats, small boats (such as a landing craft) and the trucks already in the game too. The DLC could include a small number of transport planes and some trucks and boats for all factions including the civies.

I like the general trend of wanting improvements to the core of arma as the next big thing.

Yes to optimization and digging into the engine to get better performance. This would be very appreciated with the new big release. Massively so.

Yes to improved lighting system (deferred lighting) that would fix many of armas legacy issues like limited light sources or even terrain being unable to cast shadows. And help performance as well.

And an over haul off the animation system to make it smoother and more capable. Love the reloads on marksman dlc , more of that.

Yes to unlocking the potential of the weather system.. It already exists as seen on the 3rd parties website. Looks amazing.

Bohemia could definitely deliver a new, more realistic system for tanks or aircraft (like the helicopter flight model update), in the new expansion.

I'd pay for a complete AI overhaul.

I long for the day I can place 3 or 4 AI controlled vehicles on one side of the map, give them a waypoint on the other side of the map and know that they will ALWAYS find their way efficiently there without crashing into each other, swerving to avoid a bridge, getting stuck on a building at an intersection etc.

To me the fact we still have to use AI mods is as bad as having to use a weapon resting mod was.

I really enjoy ARMA, and have been playing since the OFP days, but the AI has always been a case of completely amazing 1 minute, followed by pants on head retarded the next.

Units, weapons, vehicles etc can all be taken care of by addon makers as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather the DLC's focus on core gameplay functions.

An AI DLC is pointless. They will l ways update AI on the daily basis. They've been tweaking AI since Alpha, actually. A DLC for something your already receiving?

I voted for APC/Tanks, but I'd be happy with any DLC that includes substantial SP playable content.

New faction with european army.

I voted Naval, but with armor in mind. What I also understand under naval operations are tracked amphibious vehicles being capable of moving about in the water.

Right now, sadly they cannot. So BIS, please fix that.. Furthermore, I hope for a decent seaborne launch-point, in the form of a fully working LPD, and/or LPH.

Plus this time around, crewable, non-prop vessels like destroyers, cruisers, submarines like Proteus being useful other then being a static prop. So yeah..

And please, if Mr. Burnes can make operational LCAC's and LCT's, why can't BIS? It's the basic to get a force from sea to shore.. And since we're operating on an island.. Why not, eh?

But I would love to have those for default additional stuff.. Let's make the waters around Stratis and Altis (and if practicable, the expansion terrain!) more interesting to work with! :)

So BIS, please don't treat the Navy badly, for they are more then a mere riverine patrol thing going on..

An AI DLC is pointless. They will l ways update AI on the daily basis. They've been tweaking AI since Alpha, actually. A DLC for something your already receiving?

They've probably been tweaking AI since OFP, but it's still pretty bad.

When you see what bCombat, ASR AI, GAIA and VCOM AI (before BI's changes tweaks broke it) can do to the game you have to wonder why we've had to rely on scripts and addons to have an AI at that level.

I look at the past 2 DLC's, both have provided a couple of new assets, and an update to the platform.

Personally while the assets are nice, I'd be quite happy to let addon makers do their thing and create top quality assets, and just have BIS do what only they can do, update the core mechanics.

I would forego new vanilla maps, units, vehicles in lieu of upgrades to AI, and mod making tools.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want content updates, I want platform updates, and leave it to the incredible addon makers to create the content.

We just got weapon resting, which has been modded into the game since OFP, and it's better than any mod ever was. Now it's time to bring the vanilla AI up to the same standard.

They've probably been tweaking AI since OFP, but it's still pretty bad.

When you see what bCombat, ASR AI, GAIA and VCOM AI (before BI's changes tweaks broke it) can do to the game you have to wonder why we've had to rely on scripts and addons to have an AI at that level.

I look at the past 2 DLC's, both have provided a couple of new assets, and an update to the platform.

Personally while the assets are nice, I'd be quite happy to let addon makers do their thing and create top quality assets, and just have BIS do what only they can do, update the core mechanics.

I would forego new vanilla maps, units, vehicles in lieu of upgrades to AI, and mod making tools.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want content updates, I want platform updates, and leave it to the incredible addon makers to create the content.

We just got weapon resting, which has been modded into the game since OFP, and it's better than any mod ever was. Now it's time to bring the vanilla AI up to the same standard.

I agree and kinda disagree. While we will probably receive massive content and less than likely new features come expansion... That'll be the last platform update we will see that we know of. Features are unknown, as BIS still has no idea what they can do, which is why we don't know what they're trying to pull off yet, and we won't know until they know that they can indeed pull it off. Also, i love community made content. But if you want a world where the modders make the content for the Vanilla game and the features made by BIS, that'd be a world where BIS would actually collaborate with the community, but i think BIS needs to focus on features and more content. It's lacking in a lot of places, currently with copy and paste vehicles, different textures, and names.

Part of the problem with community content is its often not all that great. Take a look at RHS for example, it has a tonne of different M4's in it, many of which clip through the model, they also sound like airsoft guns. So while the content is there its quality varies greatly. The same is true of maps, pretty much every map we have tried has had significant issues, very few community maps actually work well. Altis is by far the highest quality map out there, and indeed I suspect the one that comes with the expansion will be good also. I don't want to loose that as BI makes the content higher quality than the community does. When it comes to features BI takes shortcuts, they sometimes do things well but they also skip over things because they thinks it makes the game to complicated (like windage and elevation adjustment) despite the fact that is how it works in real life. So the end result is that BI doesn't always get the core mechanics right and it tends to do a better job on content. The problem is that the community really has to hack in features and they are often problematic. I think the first thing to realise is the community has little to no say on this and BI will do its own thing, it always has.

Performance/PhysX/fixgame DLC

I would like to see Chernarus+ so that terrain makers can get more quality assets to use in their custom maps.

Performance/PhysX/fixgame DLC

Performance being worked on, always, feedback helps with that. PhysX is well and working, there's just not enough gameplay mechanic to show it off. Take my Naval idea, and PhysX would shine with the ability to transport good over water, and possibly loose some to rough waves because of beautiful PhysX. Or land based transport. If there was a forklift, some crates have wooden pallets underneath, perfect for that kind of lifter.

Performance being worked on, always, feedback helps with that. PhysX is well and working, there's just not enough gameplay mechanic to show it off. Take my Naval idea, and PhysX would shine with the ability to transport good over water, and possibly loose some to rough waves because of beautiful PhysX. Or land based transport. If there was a forklift, some crates have wooden pallets underneath, perfect for that kind of lifter.

Where are you seeing this?

I have contributed enough with feedback to the DEVS about the performance and i see no changes. The PhysiX in Arma 3 is a joke tbh. Vehicles collision with each other and stuff like that is ridicoulus.

Where are you seeing this?

Development Branch. When certain feedback is given regarding things that make the game lag, it's looked at, some of the time it can be optimized or fixed to where it's either improved FPS when said thing happens, or say for example, looking down your scope, you magnify everything which brings up the detail of objects, which brings down FPS. Now, i think in one of the updates, you look down your scope, it magifies objects, but only the ones in your cone of view, are more detailed, to provide better FPS, and the objects behind you are low detail, or not visible becau se your not looking that way. (i could be wrong, but i remember looking down scope, and spinning fastly to see objects quickly re-appearing in my view before i noticed it had not been there)

On another note, the US Navy/British Navy, are both well on their way to implementation of Railgun technology. Techology that is modern, and yet, not present in 2035 Armaverse.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

I have contributed enough with feedback to the DEVS about the performance and i see no changes. The PhysiX in Arma 3 is a joke tbh. Vehicles collision with each other and stuff like that is ridicoulus.

Perhaps they will come up with something come the expansion. I remember in Alpha, it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to run Altis on my PC. Now i can run it on Standard settings, certain things Ultra, with around 5000-8000 view distance.