hi

when running dedicated server is it possible to with some command reload the current mission? so that changes made scripting would take affect.

dedicated is so slow to test with constant restarting the mission :\

thanks

I believe after every change you make you have to restart the server, no way around it (AFAIK).

use an addaction to rerun a script. If you edit the script while the mission is running then save the script, then run the addaction, the new changes will be in effect

You must do this using an unpbo'd mission folder

You must do this using an unpbo'd mission folder

how can I run server with mission in folder and not pbo?

I'm using TADST which only lists pbos from the MPMissions folder

You place the mission folder in the MpMissions and select it like any other mission. This is how i do some development for specific conditions

You place the mission folder in the MpMissions and select it like any other mission. This is how i do some development for specific conditions

which MPmissions do you mean, the one under username (documents) or the one in arma installation directory?

EDIT:

Ok i was able to load the mission from arma inst directory but now only problem remains is that my text editor doesn't allow to save the files while dedicated server is running. I'm using notepad++ as text editor.

Edited by gc8

It should do if the file is called using execvm oe via an addaction and not currently running

Are you running as admin?

If you are and the file is locked then sorry cant help you any further

It should do if the file is called using execvm oe via an addaction and not currently running

Are you running as admin?

If you are and the file is locked then sorry cant help you any further

I did try running notepad++ as admin but it did not help. So your saying that you have dedicated server running from the folder and you can modify the files and save without problems?

is anyone else able to modify and save mission files while dedicated server is running? I would like to know what text editor and OS you have.

thanks

What is stopping you from testing locally, then pushing updates to the server for further testing?

What is stopping you from testing locally, then pushing updates to the server for further testing?

that's what I'm doing. but I also need to test that everything works on dedicated server.