SpaceNavy

Star Wars: A New Order - FHS Star Wars Total Modification

JjUQ1wq.png

STAR WARS: A New Order

Total Modification for Arma 3

Recruiting modellers and texture artists!

Links:

Planned Assets:

FACTIONS

BLUFOR

Rebel Alliance

- Alliance Ground Forces

- Alliance Snow Forces

- Alliance Fleet

- Alliance Special Forces

- Sector Force *

Galactic Republic *

OPFOR

Galactic Empire

- Imperial Army

- Imperial Navy

- Imperial Security Bureau *

- Imperial Special Operations

- Imperial Stormtrooper Corps

Confederate Indepedent Systems *

INDFOR

Planetary Militia

- Local Civilian Militia

Criminal Syndicates

- Black Sun

- Hutt Cartel

- Mandolorians

CIVILIAN

Star Wars Civilians

- Dantooine Populace

- Tatooine Populace

- Ewok Natives *

+ Misc Alien Races

- Duros

- Rodians

- Trandoshan

- Weequay

- Twileks

- Wookies

- Chiss

WEAPONS

+ Blaster Rifles

- A280 Blaster Rifle

- DLT-20A Blaster Rifle

- DC-15 Blaster Rifle

- DXR-6 Disruptor

- Proton Carbine

- Arkanian Blaster Rifle

+ Blaster Carbines/SMGs

- E-11 Blaster Rifle

- DH-17 Blaster Carbine

- E-5 Blaster Carbine

- DC-17m Blaster Rifle

- EE-3 Blaster Carbine

+ Repeating Blasters

- DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle

- T-21 Light Repeating Blaster

- RT-97C Heavy Blaster Rifle

+ Blaster Pistols

- DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol

- Scout Blaster Pistol

- Defender Blaster Pistol

- DC-15s Blaster Pistol

- DC-17 Blaster Pistol

- D-18 Blaster Pistol

- Westar Blaster Pistol

+ Sniper Blaster Rifles

- DC-15X Sniper Rifle

- BL-28 Sniper Rifle

- KiSteer 1284 Projectile Rifle

- Tusken Slugthrower Rifle

+ Shoulder Launchers

- PLX-1 Portable Missile Launcher

- RPS-6 Rocket Launcher

- HH-15 Projectile Launcher

+ Shotguns

- C-M Frag Storm Shotgun

- ACP Array Shotgun

+ Static Weapons

- E-Web Heavy Blaster Turret

- Mark II Medium Repeating Cannon

- DF P-Power 1.4 Blaster Dish

- DF.9 Turret Battery Cannon

- FPC 6.7 AA Battery

- Concussion Mortar Launcher

VEHICLES

AIR:

- X-Wing

- Y-Wing

- A-Wing *

- Z-95 Headhunter *

- T-47 Airspeeder

- T-16 Skyhopper *

- N-1 Starfighter *

- TIE Fighter

- TIE Bomber

- TIE Interceptor *

- Low Altitude Assault Transport (LAAT)

- T-4a Lambda Shuttle

- Sentinel Landing Craft

- HTT-26 Heavy Transport *

AUTONOMOUS:

- Viper Probe Droid

- IG-227 Hailfire Droid Tank *

ARMORED:

- AAC-1 Speeder Tank

- T2-B Repulsor Tank

- T3-B Heavy Tank

- T4-B Heavy Tank

- TX-130 Saber Tank

- HAVw A5 Juggernaut

- TIE AP-1 Mauler

WALKER:

- AT-AT Armored Transport

- AT-ST Scout Transport

- AT-PT Personal Transport

- AT-AA Anti-Aircraft *

- AT-TE Tactical Enforcer *

- AT-RT Recon Transport *

SPEEDER:

- 74-Z Speeder Bike

- BARC Speeder Bike

- Flare-S Swoop Bike

- A-A5 Speeder Truck

- Bantha-II Skiff Transport

- Imperial Troop Transport

- Seraph-class Landspeeder

- V-19 Landspeeder

- X-34 Landspeeder

STATIC:

- CR-90 Corellian Corvette

- EF76 Nebulon-B Frigate

- GR-75 Transport

- Imperial Star Destroyer

MISC.

Objects/Buildings

- Tatooine-style buildings

- Dantooine-style buildings

- Endor Ewok huts

- Rebel military base buildings

- Imperial military base buildings

Mods/Misc. Support

- Zeus support

- Task Force Arrowhead Radio

- ACE3

- ALiVE

Terrains

- Dantooine

- Endor

- Hoth

- Tatooine

(* = Under consideration)

Development Team:

SpaceNavy

Helljumper501st

Sutherland

Jamydodger93

Noble

JustJustice101

Freelancer

Bugzee

FAQ:

Q: Is this a Star Wars mod for Arma?

A: Yes.

-

Q: Is that legal? Aren't you scared of being shut down?

A: No, because there are plenty more popular and well developed Star Wars mods for other games that have progressed without so much as a whisper from any law firms representing Disney or LucasArts.

-

Q: When are you going to release it?

A: As soon as we possibly can!

-

Q: Are you going to include...

A: We have a list of planned assets that you can look at to see if it will be included. If what you are looking for isn't listed, then feel free to ask about it.

-

Q: What time period are you going to focus on?

A: The Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance.

-

Q: Are you going to includes the Clone Wars factions?

A: Possibly, right now we want to focus on the Galactic Civil War era but the possibility of adding the Galactic Republic and the CIS is not totally out of the question. In fact, we plan on using some of their vehicles for the GCE factions.

-

Q: Are you going to include Jedi/lightsabers?

A: Unless something something drastic changes, probably not. Star Wars just isn't complete without Jedi or lightsabers to me, but Arma is a very restrictive engine. Lightsabers are not impossible, but would not work very well and may not be worth the effort involved. No promises, but most likely not.

-

Q: Are you going to make it compatible with ____ mod?

A: We have a select list of mods that we plan to make compatible. If you don't see the mod you want on that list then feel free to ask about it.

-

Q: Do you need any testers?

A: No, thank you. We will try to get the first public alpha out as soon as possible so just try to be patient.

-

Q: Can I work on the team?

A: Yes! We are always looking for new help. We are only looking for experienced modders unfortunately. We do not have the spare time to teach people how do things right now. If you have experience with models or textures, please contact SpaceNavy through the Bohemia forums, or through Steam.

Edited by spacenavy90
  • Like 1

Wow,really?A Star Wars mod?That's would be a huge task!But as for that's you guys launch this project,I will wait here and see what outstanding mod you would make!Cheers!

That's one hell of a planned asset list. Excited to see what you guys are going to be able to pull off..

Is the HALO stuff done then? Or will you maintain both? Quite a challenge I imagine ._. cool stuff!

Is the HALO stuff done then? Or will you maintain both? Quite a challenge I imagine ._. cool stuff!

The Halo mod is being worked on by a separate team now.

Star Wars, and ArmA? Two of my most favorite things!

Good luck with this man! :D

I can't handle this overload, first a high quality Halo mod, and now a high quality Star Wars mod, Goddammit I have exams to sit! :P

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Love me some Star Wars.

Congrats and best of luck on the new project! looking forwards to it

And out of the ashes arises a new empire, uuuhm mod. That's an impressive list of features, really curious to see stuff like the AT-AT :D.

You weren't kidding when you said you had something up your sleave that people will appreciate :)

Best of luck to you!

Really looking forward to this.

But watch out using the name "Star Wars" in the title of your mod - apparently those two words attached to fan-made content, are attracting cease and desist letters from Disney like wasps to honey nowadays. Lucasfilm used to do the same and I've seen them try to shut down a whole bunch of SW-themed mods in the past, but there's a perception that Disney are even less open to 3rd party use of their branding, even if it's to promote non-profit material.

OMFG i'm having a hart attack! Love you guys so much xD

One question though how are you gonna get the figters and laat ect flying? They are all repulsor vehicle's so normal chopper or planemodel would look just wierd.... Is it possible to make a repulsor flight model or are you jat gonna use a standard one?

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Love me some Star Wars.

+1 to what Sabre said.

Really hyped :)

Star Wars, and ArmA?

This isn't the first time the series seen Star Wars, OFP---> http://shadowslady.de.tl/Galaxy-At-War.htm

Arma2-->

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

One question though how are you gonna get the figters and laat ect flying? They are all repulsor vehicle's so normal chopper or planemodel would look just wierd....

Is it possible to make a repulsor flight model or are you jat gonna use a standard one?

I would hope they would know how as in OFP and Arma2 it was done, see vids above.

Nice to see you back to another project SpaceNavy. Despite whatever happens, it's nice to see you back at it. I look forward to your work~

Really looking forward to this.

But watch out using the name "Star Wars" in the title of your mod - apparently those two words attached to fan-made content, are attracting cease and desist letters from Disney like wasps to honey nowadays. Lucasfilm used to do the same and I've seen them try to shut down a whole bunch of SW-themed mods in the past, but there's a perception that Disney are even less open to 3rd party use of their branding, even if it's to promote non-profit material.

I won't lie, its possible. However it has the same probablity of happening as it did with the Halo mod and things seemed to go by just fine. Many much more popular mods and other fan projects have done just fine using the Star Wars name. Such as:

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-galactic-warfare

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/republic-at-war

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-interregnum

- http://www.moddb.com/mods/swconquest

and more and more and more...

I don't think Disney or LucasArts would be threatened by us or these other mods but nothing is impossible. I'll put up a license section to try and avoid this situation.

OMFG i'm having a hart attack! Love you guys so much xD

One question though how are you gonna get the figters and laat ect flying? They are all repulsor vehicle's so normal chopper or planemodel would look just wierd.... Is it possible to make a repulsor flight model or are you jat gonna use a standard one?

Pretty easily actually! The VTOL flight model is absolutely perfect for this. Before with the Pelican in the Halo mod, it was supposed to be able to land swiftly and thus it needed to use a helicopter flight model to be used appropiately (and actually the LAAT will probably also share a helicopter flight model for the same reason). But for other vehicles that just need to hover to shortly after, take off and engage their full forward flight mode, like the TIE series and other starfighters, the VTOL flight model is perfect. I'm interested to see how the AI will handle this but I doubt it will be a problem considering they won't be expected to perform crazy fast, helo-like, insertions in those vehicles.

This isn't the first time the series seen Star Wars, OFP---> http://shadowslady.de.tl/Galaxy-At-War.htm

Arma2-->

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

I would hope they would know how as in OFP and Arma2 it was done, see vids above.

Yes, a lot of inspiration taken from these projects. It is really a shame how none of those projects really got the attention they deserved to be completed. I don't plan on quitting in the middle of this project.

A good thing is also, that I know EXACTLY how to make walkers and other complicated Star Wars assets work and hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon and put up a video of the walkers to show everyone.

Want to also share this video for anyone who hasn't seen it:

Edited by spacenavy90

Finally my profile picture is going to be of good use on the forums.. ;) Good luck with this project guys, it's gonna be tough to pull off!

The hype is real ;) I would like to support you, but the only thing I can model is a cube...

Arma2-->

Well, Galaxy at war was never released (lot's of hype but nothing out), i don't know if the mod for A2 was released either (i remember having tested a few things though). So my expectations here are very low, anything that'll come out will be welcomed.

Edited by ProfTournesol

This vid

in the description you can download, walkers, fighters, and infantry.

Theres addons for star wars out there for OFP i used to play with them back in the day.

Ya to bad about Gaw idk what happened there.

Will be interesting to see where this mod goes.