Sign in to follow this  

server browser never works

Steam Support says to turn the ping rate down.

I have it at its minimum, 250.

It has been like this ever since you guys switched over to Steam from Gamespy.

On the occasion where it does work, 10% of the time, I only see servers with >300ms ping.

Every once in a month when I can finally see servers in my region, I cannot connect to them. Ever.

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

The only time anything works is by using the Remote button to manually ping the server I am looking for, and even then I usually won't see the server in the browser until I go to the bathroom and take a dump.

My internet connection does not die at all, but I will give this a try and post again with results. It's late where I live so I will try in the morning or something.

0lkzx3z.jpg

Why do you have to make your router do certain things in order to get the game running in the first place? It it just me or is BI responsible for making a game that runs and is compadible with hardware and software? Maybe that sounds a bit hard but ... Do I have problems like that on other games? No, I don't... I do not have to adjust my router specifically for any other game. I dont have to make firmware updates for my router for other games and I'm sure as hell not being advised to buy a "higher grade model" for other games. I am in a lack of understanding for those kinds of problems now in 2015 as these problems are the same that have always been with BI-producs.. :(

And Yet I stil buy and like the games. If it wasn't for that shitty compatibility the game would be SOOO AWESOME!!!

Steam Support says to turn the ping rate down.

I have it at its minimum, 250.

i think ping min should be at zero. and ping max at 250

then you would get servers with pings from 0-250