Sign in to follow this  
verstand3n

[Official] Group Management System? is it integrated, yet?

Hey there.

In the

they showed a Group Management System for End Game (~57:30). Is that already integrated in the game? Where can i find it?

thx in advance and greetings from germany.

They're looking to integrate it in the future but for now it's a scripted system only found in the End Game match type/game mode.

thx a lot for your reply.

Is it in the stable branch as well? If yes how do I access it?

// initServer.sqf
["Initialize"] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;

// initPlayerLocal.sqf
["InitializePlayer", [player]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;

Works fine on any mission, press U to use ( team switch key ) .

anyone figure out how to get this working for dedicated servers?

after 2 years, arma finally got a basic squad management system... it should just be accessible via guy by default!

after 2 years, arma finally got a basic squad management system... it should just be accessible via guy by default!
See above. "Should", "could", "would"... "accessible via guy by default" is pretty much just a goal at this point.

from which i assume it takes rocket science to be achieved :)

it takes time in same manner you have to wait in line for surgery not because of rocket science but of line and different priority cases.

right, if you ship a game without official MP mission, why bother to implement basic UI and gamepaly mechanics, totally reasonable priority stuff...

right, if you ship a game without official MP mission, why bother to implement basic UI and gamepaly mechanics, totally reasonable priority stuff...
You say that sarcastically, but that kind of happened... though I found the lack of at-launch adversarial MP more damning than "didn't just use kju's work" (because if they didn't like it enough to include it they sure as hell weren't ever going to care enough to actually support it, unlike all that's gone into End Game for the past almost-three months) hence my specifying TDM and Conquest.