Sign in to follow this  
firebear

Randomly go from 100+ fps to 1 fps after playing

Alright this is a weird issue i just started having in ArmA3 (after it being fully playable for months for me)

After playing, could be for 30 mins, could be an hour, I will randomly drop from good fps (50+ depending on server) and have 1 fps. 1 fucking fps.

It started happening in ArmA3 maybe ~3 days ago and it wont go away. I played a map yesterday with no issues (no idea why) but its back again today.

my specs are more than enough to handle arma3:

i7 4770k

gtx780

win 7 64bit

8gb ram (1333 mhz)

asus xonar essence stx

it has worked fine in the past, almost always, a month or so ago it happened for a few days (i think during a 2 day period) but then stopped.

i had HWInfo64 running while playing and when lag happened tabbed out to see if there was any weird minimum/maximum value reported, didnt see ANYTHING out of the ordinary.

Please fix this, i love arma but its entirely unplayable for me now.

Edited by firebear

It's probably a badly optimized mission, or at least that's the only thing I can think of.

It's probably a badly optimized mission, or at least that's the only thing I can think of.

happens in any mission, tried singleplayer marksman dlc mission, happened there too. took until that base prior to being picked up to heli then bam, 1 fps. i mostly play KotH (yeah yeah, casual etc) and it was fun and worked just fine until a few days ago, cannot be the mission since it works fine for others (and did for me before) and it happens in everything.

bumpity

tried playing again today. after 24 minutes it dropped to 0 fps, prior to the drop its 100% playable. no weird hardware activity, no fluctuations at all there.

Edited by firebear

Did you check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU?

Have you checked if there's a peak in HD traffic?

Mine does this too. It has been happening for a few weeks now. It gets progressively worse as you keep playing and I can't figure out why.

Sounds like overheating.

Does it get better if you alt-tab for 30 seconds?

I made a video trying to explain some factors why this happens to people in ArmA 3. Hope it helps.

Alright this is a weird issue i just started having in ArmA3 (after it being fully playable for months for me)

After playing, could be for 30 mins, could be an hour, I will randomly drop from good fps (50+ depending on server) and have 1 fps. 1 fucking fps.

It started happening in ArmA3 maybe ~3 days ago and it wont go away. I played a map yesterday with no issues (no idea why) but its back again today.

my specs are more than enough to handle arma3:

i7 4770k

gtx780

win 7 64bit

8gb ram (1333 mhz)

asus xonar essence stx

it has worked fine in the past, almost always, a month or so ago it happened for a few days (i think during a 2 day period) but then stopped.

i had HWInfo64 running while playing and when lag happened tabbed out to see if there was any weird minimum/maximum value reported, didnt see ANYTHING out of the ordinary.

Please fix this, i love arma but its entirely unplayable for me now.

Did you updated all the drivers/codecs and everything?

what SO are you using? (Win8 and i´ll kill you)

And your hard drive? we know your GPU your processor etc...but your hard drive? it is important too.

VERY IPORTANT

could be a hard drive error or saturation. Are you using an SSD?

PD: Never perform a desfragmentation to an SSD. you will break it.

I've noticed GPU usage is much higher since 1.40 update so would certainly be worth checking temps.

Symptoms match GPU overheat throttle down.

For me, it's definitely not a heating issue. I get this stuttering when I'm playing something demanding like DUWS, battle royale, and even in the editor. Every other game I have doesn't do this and they're decently demanding as well.

Are you running mods? If so, which ones?

Are you running mods? If so, which ones?

Well for battle royale, just battle royale. For DUWS, there are too many to list. But even in the vanilla editor it does it.

If it just randomly started happening it could be external. Do you have FPS drops in other games? Tried another viruscanner already? Checked temperatures?

If it just randomly started happening it could be external. Do you have FPS drops in other games? Tried another viruscanner already? Checked temperatures?

Everything else works fine. CPU temp never goes above 75, GPU never above 60. No viruses on my computer as far as I know and there are also no scans going on while I'm playing.

Hmm.

Run 'Task Manager' Performance tab 'Resource Monitor' Then start playing ARMA

When slowdown happens check all the info tabs for CPU, HD, Ram etc and see if anything is taking over from ARMA

Did you updated all the drivers/codecs and everything?

what SO are you using? (Win8 and i´ll kill you)

And your hard drive? we know your GPU your processor etc...but your hard drive? it is important too.

VERY IPORTANT

could be a hard drive error or saturation. Are you using an SSD?

PD: Never perform a desfragmentation to an SSD. you will break it.

ive tried installing it on different drives. 2 different SSD's and 2 different HDD's, this is the ONLY game i have issues with.

i have no weird values reported in anything, not temperatures, not load, not voltage, nothing out of the ordinary when logging during gameplay.

also, to add on that defragmentation thing, while i havent defragged my ssds myself as i dont need to, windows defrag ssd's differently and it doesnt actually harm ssd's anymore, according to windows it now increases and ssd's lifespan instead of decrease, and it has never been "breaking" ssd's, just lowering lifespans.

i use win7 n 64bit

On King of the Hill Servers (where I don't think they're just bad optimized) I always play with Ultra Settings and such at around 60-100 FPs. Then just for no reason the fps drops down to 20-30 and hard stuttering appears on walls while moving and so on for 1 min or 2 and then it goes back up for 1 or 2 min and all that over again. Its incredibly annoying. Game's running on high-high-high-end hardware overclocked to the fullest SSD and latest drivers. Runs like shit. Sorry if that's how I have to put it. But I am really annoyed by that as I have never made any other experience with BI-Games in the past 10 years.

Not to mention the ridiculous server browser that makes you have disconnects while joining for no reason (having the latest arma version apparently). Being kicked due to some battle-eye BS that doesn't make sense. After disconnect the server browser doesn't work anymore. Does not find any more server until I start the game all over. Damn man... How long have they been doing videogames? I'm a bit frustrated and disappointed right now. Sorry dudes...

Edited by Manni-Gaming

Hi,

i'd do this:

1) Uninstall the video driver, you might consider running "driver cleaner" as well - reinstall latest driver

2) Check all power saving settings in your BIOS (c-states etc.) and in Windows - disable for testing

3) Install Core-Temp or any similar tool for monitoring and logging all stats like cpu load, core clocks, gpu load, memory load etc.

this will export the stats in a csv, import to excel for analysis

just bought the game yesterday and i have same issue, i can't playing

EDIT: also my fps drop to 1 in all servers after 2 mins of playing

Edited by farouk555