makhno

New Map : GOS Al Rayak

Updated mod v0.0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Makhno , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Awesome Makhno, this island is outstanding. I have lots of ideas for base templates...... You're main airfield in the NE, can you clear off some trees around it so that one can place barracks and other stuff necessary for a main base? If not no biggie! Thanks, and keep up the outstanding work with all of your islands.

Tx For a great map

But im having trouble getting ai to cross bridges.

Anyone else having this problem?

ah, yes, they don't like them...

Replacing the bridges with A3 ones is in the very long to do list....

Absolutely loving the map, however, is there any ETA or chance of a hotfix in the near future? Arma 1.6 requires some sort of new map config and as of now and the skies are pitch black rendering it near impossible to see if it is anything put perfectly clear weather..

Al Rayak V004 (for patch 1.60)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tr8ucgssqkmlqub/%40AlRayakV004.rar

Redone the whole config to cope with patch 1.60.
The lighting technology is very different from previous versions, this mostly affects the textures and the vegetation.
I've made some hasty changes to make the terrain playable, but there's much more to do.

• Like 4

When booting my server after updating to v0.0.4 I get error: Addon 'pja310' requires addon 'brg_africa'

Arma server version 1.6

CUP Terrains (maps and core) version 1.1.0

CBA version 2.4.0.160530

Not sure where this addon it's dependant on would be located. Didn't see it in the AiA that I was using prior to the update. That leaves me to assume it was in arma 1.58 and the removed or renamed it like many other addons in the 1.6 patch.

Maybe this is only me having this issue. I would ask in the Exile community, but I'm hosting 1 of only 4 Al Rayak Exile servers and the others are inactive.

Hey makhno,
Just grabbed the latest version of Al Rayak, it appears the Grid References are not working correctly. Currently, it is only showing 2 Grids, no matter what zoom. 

Hopefully you weren't aware of this (If you were, apologies to pester you).
Hope this can be fixed soon!

Cheers!

Can confirm all our unit members have this same issue since the recent map update. The grid bug only occurs when you zoom in far enough however.

First of all, thanks a lot for the awesome Map Makhno! 

It is so versatile and really offers a lot of options for mission makers with the river running through it.

I just wanted to use this awesome map for a threeway ALiVE mission.

Most stuff looks ok with the new visual upgrade. But i had to find out yesterday that the roads are veeery light in color. Almost a full true white with only a little bit of texture to it.

I tried to lower my brightness/gamma but that did not really work, because then, as you may expect, everything else was way too dark. 

Is this a known issue after 1.60 visual upgrade?

Also I am right now on the APEX Sneak Preview build...maybe this causes the error? 

Would be glad to be able to use this map because it would fit perfectly for my planned mission layout.

EDIT: Maybe it's an issue caused by the Steam Workshop version of the map that I use and/or me being on APEX Preview build of Arma.

I will check later how it looks with Arma 1.60 build and the version of the map from your recent Mediafire download link.

Then I will report back.

Edited by FAILIX

First of all, thanks a lot for the awesome Map Makhno! 

It is so versatile and really offers a lot of options for mission makers with the river running through it.

I just wanted to use this awesome map for a threeway ALiVE mission.

Most stuff looks ok with the new visual upgrade. But i had to find out yesterday that the roads are veeery light in color. Almost a full true white with only a little bit of texture to it.

I tried to lower my brightness/gamma but that did not really work, because then, as you may expect, everything else was way too dark. 

Is this a known issue after 1.60 visual upgrade?

Also I am right now on the APEX Sneak Preview build...maybe this causes the error? 

Would be glad to be able to use this map because it would fit perfectly for my planned mission layout.

EDIT: Maybe it's an issue caused by the Steam Workshop version of the map that I use and/or me being on APEX Preview build of Arma.

I will check later how it looks with Arma 1.60 build and the version of the map from your recent Mediafire download link.

Then I will report back.

Is Al Rayak working fine with ALiVE for you?

I'm seeing two things:

1. Civilians don't seem to be spawning in the numbers they should.

2. Larger cities, even with very very few spawns, come to an FPS crawl. So much so my game feels like it's going to crash.

Typically, this behavior is reminiscent of a map that needs a reindexing. Does anyone know how long ago this map actually had new buildings either added or replaced? ALiVE indexing requires buildings so if anything at all has changed since the last index, problems like this can happen.

Are you seeing any of this behavior?

I'm seeing two things:

2. Larger cities, even with very very few spawns, come to an FPS crawl. So much so my game feels like it's going to crash.

Typically, this behavior is reminiscent of a map that needs a reindexing. Does anyone know how long ago this map actually had new buildings either added or replaced? ALiVE indexing requires buildings so if anything at all has changed since the last index, problems like this can happen.

I would assume with the 1.6 update it would need to be reindexed just from what I've read on other terrains with the update. Don't take my word for it as I don't use Alive.

I'm seeing two things:

I've just started to test with the map and alive. By now I only fiddled with the part South of the main river. My basic plan for the mission is to have an insurgency going on there and have conventional forces in the north.

So far I have divided the south into 3 opfor taors and one small taor for blufor base.

But I have also encountered the issues that you describe.

In the two very large cities in the south there were no civs spawning, but I was able to get that solved by setting up a separate civ placement for them with a taor around the city. Worse was that just having 2% cqb module and a mil civ placement with override of 20 inf,5 motorized and 5 recon linked to asymmetric opcom already crowded those places.

I thought the issue might be related to arma being on dev branch.

Since I want to put this on a dedi to use MCC for mission finetuning on the fly later (after the mcc update is out) it might also be feasible to just blacklist problematic areas from ALiVE by taors and populate those places with mcc/Zeus when an objective leads us there.

Not sure if this will really work, especially since I am rather a beginner in all this stuff.

Actually I thought about giving your prophet mission a try, because I figured that preparing a big mission right now, just when there are so many things changing in arma over the next week's might be only leading to bug fixing when the updates roll in.

I would assume with the 1.6 update it would need to be reindexed just from what I've read on other terrains with the update. Don't take my word for it as I don't use Alive.

It only needs a reindexing if buildings have been altered or replaced. Any other cosmetic changes wouldn't necessarily impact it's ALiVE compatibility.

Example: N'Ziwasogo needs a reindexing because Makhno replaced a lot of buildings with 1.60

Al Rayak? I'm not sure but would love to know. I'm personally seeing problems but if anyone else is currently using ALiVE and IS NOT, I'd love to know because (A.) I've been unsuccessful trying to index it myself so it would save me a lot of time and (B.) I'd know this issue is a "me" thing and not a "map" thing.